Author Topic: How Trump can knock out Hillary in the first debate...By Monica Crowley  (Read 593 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Trump can knock out Hillary in the first debate

‘We tried it your way’

By Monica Crowley - The Washington Times - Wednesday, September 21, 2016

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

It promises to be the greatest show on earth: the first presidential debate to be held Monday night at Hofstra University in New York. Rarely has a political event attracted this kind of Super Bowl-level excitement, curiosity and anticipation. Then again, rarely have we had two presidential candidates who light up the political sky like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

Mrs. Clinton has been on the national scene for nearly 30 years and carries all of the baggage of those tumultuous decades: endless scandals, ethical tightrope-walking, legal dodge ball, compulsive lying, slimy blame-shifting, bunker paranoia, the systematic selling of her offices for personal enrichment and the deliberate jeopardizing of the nation’s most sensitive secrets for her family’s gain.

She is like Pig Pen in the “Peanuts” cartoon: surrounded constantly by a cloud of corruption.

Viewers will want to see how this dangerous mess interacts with her opponent, who is clearly a political chess champion despite having just begun to play. It’s going to be Pig Pen versus the Master of the Universe.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/21/how-donald-trump-can-knock-out-hillary-clinton-in-/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Re: How Trump can knock out Hillary in the first debate...By Monica Crowley
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 03:14:17 pm »
I stopped reading when she referred to Trump as a "political chess champion". I fail to understand how any rational human being can come to that conclusion. His performance in the primary debates was entirely standing there with this faux tough-guy look on his face and calling his opponents names. He's doing better right now solely by virtue of the fact that his advisors have forced a filter on him, and his opponent is an equally, perhaps worse, candidate.

Complete agreement here.  I don't know how professional commentators like Crowley can expect to retain any credibility with statements like that.  Whatever advice she has for Trump, or analysis of any other subject, is simply not worth reading if she truly thinks he is some kind of master strategist.
James 1:20

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 04:10:31 pm »
Everything Clinton touches turns to compost. This would be a good tactic against her.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline r9etb

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 04:28:43 pm »
I stopped reading when she referred to Trump as a "political chess champion".

Well.... given that he's still very much in the race at this point, perhaps she has a point.  For this particular election, it's possible that Trump's instincts (as a demagogue, I'll grant you) are correct, in that he's able to tap into a tremendous surge of frustration and disgust with the likes of Clinton and Obama, and the system that props them up.

The article is actually worth reading. 

Basically, if Trump can come across as an adult, reasonably articulate and responsible, then he wins the night.  And if he can flush out Clinton's Inner Harridan, then he crushes her.