Author Topic: Never NeverTrump  (Read 696 times)

Offline unknown

Never NeverTrump
« on: September 22, 2016, 06:07:02 am »
Never NeverTrump

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/440198/never-nevertrump-not-voting-trump-republican-suicide?target=topic&tid=3266

VICTOR DAVIS HANSON   
September 20, 2016

The Republican Dilemma

Any Republican has a difficult pathway to the presidency. On the electoral map, expanding blue blobs in coastal and big-city America swamp the conservative geographical sea of red. Big-electoral-vote states such as California, Illinois, New York, and New Jersey are utterly lost before the campaign even begins. The media have devolved into a weird Ministry of Truth. News seems defined now as what information is necessary to release to arrive at correct views. 

{.. snip ..}
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:07:49 am by unknown »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Never NeverTrump
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 06:08:43 am »
Interesting article.

Describes our current political process pretty well and the role of the msm.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Never NeverTrump
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 11:11:42 am »
Dud article that's just an effort to justify voting for the deplorable Trump.  I think he is trying to convince himself more than anyone else.  Certainly he did not convince me.  Worst column from him in a long time.
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis