Author Topic: LCS Montgomery Suffers Two Engine Casualties Days after Commissioning  (Read 655 times)

rangerrebew

LCS Montgomery Suffers Two Engine Casualties Days after Commissioning

Military.com | Sep 17, 2016 | by Hope Hodge Seck

Just three days after a glittering commissioning ceremony in Mobile, Alabama, the Navy's newest littoral combat ship suffered two unrelated engine casualties, totaling enough damage that the ship was forced to abandon its transit to its San Diego homeport and head to Florida for repairs.

The USS Montgomery is the third littoral combat ship in three weeks to suffer significant engine problems, and the fifth within a 12-month span.

The Independence-class ship's casualties, first reported by USNI News, come on the heels of sweeping changes to the LCS program and a series of reviews, most aimed at correcting the problems behind the rash of ship breakdowns.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/09/17/lcs-montgomery-suffers-two-engine-casualties-days-commissioning.html
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:53:02 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: LCS Montgomery Suffers Two Engine Casualties Days after Commissioning
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 01:29:29 am »
Go back to boilers and steam turbines for propulsion…  ;)

geronl

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 02:56:38 am »
When I saw "casualties" I assumed people were injured.

Lousy journalists...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 04:32:50 am »
Are these design problems, quality control problems, or is stuff being monkeyed with?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 04:48:46 am »
Are these design problems, quality control problems, or is stuff being monkeyed with?

Probably built in China.

BTW, instead of using these poorly built Littoral combat ships, they might have better luck with a Figurative combat ship.