Author Topic: Monkeying around! Anthropologist Jane Goodall says Trump's behavior is similar to chimpanzee 'dominance rituals'  (Read 2355 times)

Offline libertybele

So the term "Trumpanzee" was accurate all along. I'll have to pull it out of mothballs after seeing this.

Thanks for the ping, @Victoria33!

And here I was faulted for calling him an Orange Baboon!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

This is ridiculous...Jane needs to stay out of the jungle.

It's not ridiculous at all. It's Behavioral psychology. Ultimately we are all animals. We just happen to be more evolved. We share a number of traits with primates whether one is a Stephen Hawking or a Donald Trump is irrelavant. It's simply the human condition.

You can look back through history and see all manner of phrases like " "A bear of a man", "Send a couple apes to straighten out his attitude" "Dressed up like a peacock"and such. And they exist because over time, people realized that people acted in ways very similar to their animal brethren. Hell, most human mating rituals are little removed from those of animals at all. Just more expensive.

you might not like Trump being compared to an animal, but facts are facts. He is, as do we all, display/displaying very animal behavior. In this instance, he happens to be displaying very base animal behavior.

Edit:

In addition I would point out that the entire concept of 'civilization" is to civilize. And to civilize, one has to move above or beyond the very behaviors of animals. Thats what civilization 'is'.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:24:23 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Wingnut

And here I was faulted for calling him an Orange Baboon!

There there now.  The great ones are sometimes subjected to scorn when cult followers feel their leader is being insulted by pointing out obvious like comparisons.   

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Trumps Troops lightly feathered in their natural habitat

Haha, ok that was funny.