Author Topic: Trump's economic plan is a good start - Edward Rogers  (Read 615 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump's economic plan is a good start - Edward Rogers
« on: September 20, 2016, 08:53:16 pm »
Trump's economic plan is a good start

I've been calling for Donald Trump to focus on the economy, so I won't quibble with parts of his speech, delivered on Thursday to the Economic Club of New York, that I don't think go far enough. Hopefully, this focus on the economy will last more than 24 hours and he will develop a consistent, repetitive, pro-growth message for the last two months of the campaign. Obviously, Trump's able advisers had a hand in crafting what is a solid, Republican plan.

I have said for years that we don't have many problems that wouldn't be solved by a few years of 4 percent economic growth. Well, the plan that Trump laid out this week calls for at least 3.5 percent growth per year -- which, considering the anemic growth under President Barack Obama, would be an economic boom.

He also wants to cut the corporate tax rate from the current 35 percent rate to 15 percent, and his plan eliminates both the death tax and the carried-interest loophole. Much of this is standard Republican fare that the Democrats and the usual suspects among their apologists will instantly criticize.

Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0916/ed_rogers091916.php3#Gdh3oP4oLf4Uv55C.99

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Trump's economic plan is a good start - Edward Rogers
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 09:07:04 pm »
If growth percentage proclamations made the economy grow Obama would have turned things around years ago.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 10:01:47 pm »
The barrier to real, sustained economic growth is our debt. It is over 100% of GDP and growing. Trump has not hidden the fact he would like to spend more. There are indications he will attempt an Obama type stimulus. What this economy needs is a recession that's allowed to run its natural course for starters
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 10:24:20 pm »
Trump has not hidden the fact he would like to spend more. There are indications he will attempt an Obama type stimulus.

Right there is a reason to trust Donaldus Minimus as far as you can throwing. We have
never been able to spend our way back to prosperity, and we never will. It's a pity
all his actual or alleged business smarts never told him that essential economic law.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.