Author Topic: The Small Business Owners Trump Never Paid In Full  (Read 6524 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The Small Business Owners Trump Never Paid In Full
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2016, 05:19:47 am »
kartographer
Trump got a lot of people to invest in his Rosarito Beach development using the Trump University methodology.

The wanabee shakedown artist got shaken down by the traditional Mexican graft/pay to play system that depleted all the investors cash. The moment he ran out of other peoples' money, he shut the project down and left both investors and mexican workers in the lurch.

@Norm Lenhart @Smokin Joe @kartographer

And he did it the traditional Trump way. He got on the board and then managed to get his children on the board,also. Next thing you know,the entire Trump family is getting huge salaries,plus all their living and travel expenses were charged to the Corporation,and The Donald and his "board" were refusing to pay the contractors,and likely the local Mexican authorities who were supposed to be getting paid to look the other way about foreign nationals owning beachfront property in Mexico. When it went completely upside down,Trump walked away from it. He eventually settled the lawsuits with the contractors and suppliers by agreeing to pay them LESS than half of what they were owned,but nobody knows for sure what the actual figure was because there was a confidentiality clause in the payoffs that would have forced any who talked to return all the money they had been paid,plus a fine for talking.

Kinda like he is doing now with his campaign,selling basball hats,t-shirts,etc,etc,etc that he gets made in China to his own campaign for a YUGE mark up,and then the campaign selling them to his supporters for a even larger markup,and then paying himself and his children from the profits the campaign makes from selling the crap. He is also billing his campaign for the use of his private jet,the crew,his limos,chauffers,cooks,assistants,etc,etc,etc. Basically,everybody from his organization that he can put on the campaign books,goes on them and the campaign pays their salaries and expenses instead of Trump.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2016, 05:26:57 am »
kartographer
@Norm Lenhart @Smokin Joe @kartographer

And he did it the traditional Trump way. He got on the board and then managed to get his children on the board,also. Next thing you know,the entire Trump family is getting huge salaries,plus all their living and travel expenses were charged to the Corporation,and The Donald and his "board" were refusing to pay the contractors,and likely the local Mexican authorities who were supposed to be getting paid to look the other way about foreign nationals owning beachfront property in Mexico. When it went completely upside down,Trump walked away from it. He eventually settled the lawsuits with the contractors and suppliers by agreeing to pay them LESS than half of what they were owned,but nobody knows for sure what the actual figure was because there was a confidentiality clause in the payoffs that would have forced any who talked to return all the money they had been paid,plus a fine for talking.

Kinda like he is doing now with his campaign,selling basball hats,t-shirts,etc,etc,etc that he gets made in China to his own campaign for a YUGE mark up,and then the campaign selling them to his supporters for a even larger markup,and then paying himself and his children from the profits the campaign makes from selling the crap. He is also billing his campaign for the use of his private jet,the crew,his limos,chauffers,cooks,assistants,etc,etc,etc. Basically,everybody from his organization that he can put on the campaign books,goes on them and the campaign pays their salaries and expenses instead of Trump.
Not surprising. That's the sort of racket I expected, frankly.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2016, 05:31:20 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2016, 05:33:59 am »
Article is wrong. they broke ground on it. Work had begun. But yea, thats the one.
I thought that might be it, and no surprise some of the details were wrong. There have been many others where people were apparently lucky to get half their money back, but that isn't disclosed, either, as part of the settlement.

I wouldn't do business with that guy on a bet.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2016, 05:38:25 am »
Article is wrong. they broke ground on it. Work had begun. But yea, thats the one.

@Norm Lenhart @Smokin Joe

Yes,that article is wrong,but do a google search for Trump and Baja and a bunch of articles pop up.

IIRC,something like 30 of the buildings were put up and some people moved in on the floors that were finished before it was shut down.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2016, 05:41:28 am »
I thought that might be it, and no surprise some of the details were wrong. There have been many others where people were apparently lucky to get half their money back, but that isn't disclosed, either, as part of the settlement.

I wouldn't do business with that guy on a bet.

They got a FRACTION of their investment A SMALL fraction. Which is standard for a Trump business collapse. But the everpresent NDA means that no one can go on record without getting dragged back to court.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2016, 11:43:45 am »
They got a FRACTION of their investment A SMALL fraction. Which is standard for a Trump business collapse. But the everpresent NDA means that no one can go on record without getting dragged back to court.

@Norm Lenhart

NEVER get into a public argument with someone who has a whole team of high-powered lawyers on retainer.

If you feel like you just can't live without some "payback",keep it quiet and make it personal and anonymous.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:44:06 am by sneakypete »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2016, 03:40:14 pm »
Just a a side note on the golden furniture thing.

How utterly bereft of cognitive ability does one have to be to not only believe a man who takes his dumps on a literally golden toilet...gives one of those sacred sxxts about anyone not on his economic level?

HOW?

Are we peasants supposed to look to his golden throne and say "YES!!! I shall aspire to precious metal toiletry!"

God these people are insane.
For those that haven't seen, here you go: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3303819/Inside-Donald-Trump-s-100m-penthouse-lots-marble-gold-rimmed-cups-son-s-toy-personalized-Mercedes-15-000-book-risqu-statues.html

For those that want the short story his penthouse is decked and bedazzled in what I can only describe as Late Louis the XIV Tacky. But hey, champion of the poor under-trodden and all that jazz.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2016, 03:50:56 pm »
For those that want the short story his penthouse is decked and bedazzled in what I can only describe as Late Louis the XIV Tacky. But hey, champion of the poor under-trodden and all that jazz.

I really have no respect for folks that would have all that. Makes no sense to me at all.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2016, 04:06:38 pm »
I really have no respect for folks that would have all that. Makes no sense to me at all.
I would hope that if I had that kind of money I would use it for something useful and remember that the mansion isn't on this side.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2016, 04:26:39 pm »
I would hope that if I had that kind of money I would use it for something useful and remember that the mansion isn't on this side.

A friend asked me recently what would change if I stepped out my front door and tripped over a pallet of gold bricks...
I really thought that one out. Sure I suppose the Chevy'd get jacked up a few more inches, there'd probably be a nice little Chevelle SS in the driveway... Maybe even 50 acres worth of horses and a nice cabin up in the sticks.
I reckon there'd be a grant for every kid to come out of my house to go to college, and my mother would be spoiled with all I could.

But it just ain't in me to WANT all that useless extravagance. It just looks gaudy to me - Whorehouse gaudy (which might even be appropriate if you think about it).

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2016, 08:27:03 pm »
Amen to that. I have no problems with being comfortable if you can shell out the money for it, but that to me is just endless parlor and fingerprint catchers/dust collectors.

Having had "parlor manners" imparted at an early age (just Hell for an inquisitive kid: stand up straight, speak when spoken to, hold still--no fidgeting, "yes M'am, yes Sir, no M'am, no Sir, don't touch anything), I seriously doubt that place would be comfortable even if I owned it.

It's a stage set to me, not a home. White upholstery?  **nononono* Not in my world, not for long. I'd want some place the grandkids and great grandkids could play. Happy sounds make for a happy house, and the laughter of a child is about the best.

There would have to be better things to do with the money.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 08:46:33 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2016, 08:45:26 pm »
A friend asked me recently what would change if I stepped out my front door and tripped over a pallet of gold bricks...
I really thought that one out. Sure I suppose the Chevy'd get jacked up a few more inches, there'd probably be a nice little Chevelle SS in the driveway... Maybe even 50 acres worth of horses and a nice cabin up in the sticks.
I reckon there'd be a grant for every kid to come out of my house to go to college, and my mother would be spoiled with all I could.

But it just ain't in me to WANT all that useless extravagance. It just looks gaudy to me - Whorehouse gaudy (which might even be appropriate if you think about it).
Oh, I'd like enough land to fire a Barrett without worrying about hitting the neighbor's property, and admittedly a few toys, but land is as much a responsibility as an asset. Orchards, a very large garden, and some critters would be great, enough to be the 'lifeboat' for the family, and a nice sized place with enough shop space work on hobbies...with a good water source.

The rest could go to giving people a leg up, and helping them get back on their feet.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2016, 10:44:23 pm »
For those that haven't seen, here you go: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3303819/Inside-Donald-Trump-s-100m-penthouse-lots-marble-gold-rimmed-cups-son-s-toy-personalized-Mercedes-15-000-book-risqu-statues.html

@Idaho_Cowboy

You just KNOW he has at least one velvet painting of Elvis entering Heaven.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 12:39:37 am by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...