Author Topic: In Iconic V-J Day Snap, Did the Famous Sailor 'Violate' the Famous Nurse?  (Read 989 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
In Iconic V-J Day Snap, Did the Famous Sailor 'Violate' the Famous Nurse?
By Dennis Prager
Published Sept. 20, 2016
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0916/prager092016.php3#4Hs12ehQgrYVY1r2.99

The most famous American photo of World War II is undoubtedly that of the four Marines planting the American flag on Iwo Jima. The second most famous is probably the legendary photographer Alfred Eisenstaedt's picture of an American sailor kissing a nurse in Times Square in New York City, when people were celebrating Japan's surrender.

The kiss was not, of course, merely a peck on the cheek. If it were, no photo would have been taken. And if one were, no one would have remembered it. The sailor clearly grabbed the nurse. She is leaning backward, bent at the waist; he is holding her up with both hands around her waist.

The photo has been back in the news because the woman, identified as Greta Zimmer Friedman, died on Sept. 8, at age 92. She was 21 when the picture was taken.

The sailor, later identified as George Mendonsa, mistook Friedman's dental assistant uniform for that of a nurse. He later explained that he hugged and kissed her because of his overwhelming gratitude for the work nurses had performed while he was in combat in the Navy, because of his elation over the war ending and because he had had a few drinks. As he put it, when he and Friedman were reunited in 2012 at the spot of their kiss, it was "the excitement of the war bein' over, plus I had a few drinks, so when I saw the nurse I grabbed her, and I kissed her."

Any American who looks at that photo today realizes just how different a time we live in.

If a man were to do that to a woman today, he would likely be charged with sexual assault, found guilty, be ordered to pay a serious sum of money to the woman, be sent to prison, be civilly sued and be labeled a sex offender β€” effectively ruining much of his life.

She, on the other hand, would be regarded as victim of sexual assault and labelled a survivor, and would seek psychological counseling...
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0916/prager092016.php3#4Hs12ehQgrYVY1r2.99
β€œThe way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline mirraflake

Re: In Iconic V-J Day Snap, Did the Famous Sailor 'Violate' the Famous Nurse?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 08:21:55 pm »
Did he violate her?

All depends on  how good looking he was.

Ugly = violate
Hot=she loved it

Watch the Tom Brady SNL skit..it explains it all.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 08:31:43 pm »
Violation would intail  "Copping a feel" or grabbing the "biscuit cutter".

No violation found.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 08:40:14 pm »
Violation would intail  "Copping a feel" or grabbing the "biscuit cutter".

No violation found.
A tongue tickling her tonsils would also count in my book

@Wingnut