Author Topic: Camels Smoker John Boehner Joins Board of Reynolds American  (Read 1595 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Camels Smoker John Boehner Joins Board of Reynolds American
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:35:13 pm »
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/09/15/camels-smoker-john-boehner-joins-board-of-reynolds-american/?mod=mktw

September 15, 2016

Former House Speaker John Boehner has joined the board of Reynolds American Inc., the tobacco company said Thursday, a move that comes as it faces new pressure over menthol cigarettes.

As a director, Mr. Boehner gets an annual cash payment plus fees for attending meetings, according to Reynolds Americans’ guidelines on board compensation. He will also receive stock awards. Last year, among directors who were on the board for the full year, total compensation exceeded $400,000 apiece.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Camels Smoker John Boehner Joins Board of Reynolds American
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 11:35:51 pm »
Gives new meaning to the term:

Sold! American.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 12:55:42 am »

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 02:06:51 am »
   If it weren't for the first ORANGE politician (Boehner) we might not have the current Liberal.

Besides real Men refrain from crying in public and smoke Luckies when their not in the Tanning Booth.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 02:20:20 am »
   If it weren't for the first ORANGE politician (Boehner) we might not have the current Liberal.

Besides real Men refrain from crying in public and smoke Luckies when their not in the Tanning Booth.

When the bleep in Harrisburg raised the taxes on my Luckies, driving the price to $98/carton, I was driven to buy Senena non filters off the Injuns for $22... tax free.

I treat it as if being put on generic medication... I mean all the money I spend on cigarettes, liquor and loose women is a healthcare expense as far as I am concerned.  My accountant thinks different, though.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 02:21:22 am by rodamala »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 02:28:16 am »
When the bleep in Harrisburg raised the taxes on my Luckies, driving the price to $98/carton, I was driven to buy Senena non filters off the Injuns for $22... tax free.

I treat it as if being put on generic medication... I mean all the money I spend on cigarettes, liquor and loose women is a healthcare expense as far as I am concerned.  My accountant thinks different, though.

PA sucks all the way around. I got fed up giving those jackasses in Harrisburg any extra money to piss away so I vape now.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 02:28:18 am »

@rodamala

I too smoke Luckies - when I can afford them. at $8.75 a pack (TX) it's a small luxury.   Started smoking them in the USAF, early 70's, cause no one wanted to bum a lucky from me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 02:42:17 am »

@rodamala

I too smoke Luckies - when I can afford them. at $8.75 a pack (TX) it's a small luxury.   Started smoking them in the USAF, early 70's, cause no one wanted to bum a lucky from me.

I was in Palestine, TX 2 weeks back and stopped at the tobacco warehouse I always hit when I am in town... when I saw what they were getting for Luckies, I had the girl put them back, and opted instead for my west Texas substitute that I had taken up when I could find no Luckies anywhere in the Permian Basin... Eagle 20 non filters.  half the price.  Nearly the same active "anti PTSD medication" ingredient for 1/2 the price... I just make up the difference with a pound of smoked brisket... and more strippers.

My old man smoked Luckies in the USN in the early 60s... 10 cents/pack.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 02:43:54 am »
I wonder if they will soon sell an Orange RINO brand....

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 02:47:14 am »
Gives new meaning to the term:

Sold! American.

Wrong tobacco company.

R.J. Reynolds didn't make Lucky Strike, Pall Mall, or the other brands that used that commercial tagline;
the American Tobacco Company did . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 02:52:06 am »
  Started smoking them in the USAF, early 70's, cause no one wanted to bum a lucky from me.

That's funny. My old man used to smoke them for the same reason back in the Navy. When I got to collage and my fraternity brothers would bum me out of Marlboros, I switch to Camel filterless. No one ever bothered me again.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 02:52:46 am »
American became Brown & Williamson... which was gobbled up by R.J.Reynolds.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 03:10:12 am »
American became Brown & Williamson... which was gobbled up by R.J.Reynolds.

So when does Philip Morris come for lunch?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

geronl

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 05:35:30 am »

When I started smoking in Maryland, cigarettes were 32 cents a pack. When I quit in North Dakota, 34 years later, they were ten times that (by the carton), and now are pushing six bucks a pack here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 05:37:19 am »
That's funny. My old man used to smoke them for the same reason back in the Navy. When I got to collage and my fraternity brothers would bum me out of Marlboros, I switch to Camel filterless. No one ever bothered me again.
I smoked Luckies, Camel Straights, Pall Mall, and Chesterfields. Was smoking Camel Filters when I quit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis