Author Topic: Cruz calls for refugee crackdown after attacks  (Read 1443 times)

Offline unknown

Cruz calls for refugee crackdown after attacks
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:01:23 pm »

Cruz calls for refugee crackdown after attacks

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/296638-cruz-calls-for-refugee-crackdown-after-attacks

September 19, 2016
Jordain Carney

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is calling on Congress to crack down on accepting refugees after a series of weekend explosions, saying it's "past time to take off the blinders."

"Congress should act to prevent Americans who have travelled abroad for training from returning here, and to stop the flow of refugees from hotbeds of terrorism in the Middle East that President Obama is determined to bring to our country," Cruz, who has been a vocal critic of the Obama administration's terrorism policy, said in a statement on Monday.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Cruz calls for refugee crackdown after attacks
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 11:12:29 pm »
He's been at it for a long time. Story from 2014

(Dem) Senator BLOCKS Ted Cruz bill to seize passports from ISIS fighters who return to the US

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2761333/Swords-cross-Capitol-Hill-senator-blocks-bill-stripping-citizenship-American-foreign-fighters-aid-ISIS-terror-army.html#ixzz3DhV5gnSd

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 11:21:21 pm »
If only we had more Senators like Cruz!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 11:38:20 am »
If only we had more Senators like Cruz!

Or perhaps a president...
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline rodamala

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 01:33:06 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Cruz calls called for refugee crackdown after YEARS before attacks.

Fixed it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 01:36:06 pm by rodamala »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 01:43:47 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Cruz calls called for refugee crackdown after YEARS before attacks.

Fixed it.

I was just thinking the same thing as I re-read the headline.

He introduced a bill to strip passports from Americans fighting with terrorists in 2014. (Democrats killed it)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 01:51:31 pm »
Probably another policy where Cruz moved closer to Trump's position on immigration.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/01/ted_cruz_is_moving_to_donald_trump_s_right_on_immigration.html

Numbers USA bears this out as well. Oh well; let's not let the truth get in the way.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 01:52:06 pm »
Another area where Rick Santorum did all of this before the others.

But he's a Senator, Governors get it done.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 02:07:44 pm »

It's the adoration of the Raphael!

Cultish behavior if you ask me. I mean after all, the guy lost big time, ie. was rejected by the majority of Republican voters. But, Donald Trump on the other hand was embraced by the majority, which is why he won.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 02:12:06 pm »

Cultish behavior if you ask me. I mean after all, the guy lost big time, ie. was rejected by the majority of Republican voters. But, Donald Trump on the other hand was embraced by the majority, which is why he won.

Did you type that with a straight face? 

Trump was embraced by the plurality.  The majority voted against him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 02:16:39 pm »

You can't help but lie can you. Donny got well less than 50% of the votes cast in the GOP Primary. Last I checked, that was not a majority. It is actually far from it.

Trump Says He Got The Most Votes Of Any Republican Nominee Ever. There’s One Fact He Forgot To Mention.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6420/trump-says-he-got-most-votes-any-republican-hank-berrien#

Donald Trump, his campaign, and his supporters love to brag that he got more votes in the primaries than any GOP candidate in history. There’s just one little fact that they manage to avoid mentioning: He is the highest-vote-getting candidate with the lowest percentage of the vote since 1968, when Ronald Reagan got 38 percent of all of the votes cast after winning California and narrowly had more votes than Richard Nixon. And that was back when every state did not have a primary; there were only 15 primaries, so if all 50 states had featured primaries, Richard Nixon would have been the candidate with the most votes.

Trump simply has more votes because there are more voters. In the 2015-16 GOP primaries, there were almost 30 million GOP votes cast; in 1968, there were slightly more than four million GOP votes cast in the primaries.

Trump won 13,272,465 votes, according to realclearpolitics. But even if you only count the totals amassed by his three closest challengers, Ted Cruz, John Kasich and Marco Rubio, and don’t count any votes amassed by Ben Carson, Jeb Bush, or any other challenger, that totals 15, 272, 613. That means Trump fell far short of getting even a majority of GOP votes, and likely came closer to roughly 44% of the total GOP vote.

That percentage is remarkably weak when compared to other elections since 1952, especially because everyone else dropped out before the last series of GOP primaries on June 7.

Don’t be misled by Trump’s boasting; he is the least popular winning GOP candidate among GOP voters in decades.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 02:16:54 pm »
Just Karl ‏@justkarl  30m30 minutes ago
Anything more Trumpy than tweeting all puffy-chested when Trump is still currently losing to a crook who collapsed leaving a public event?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 02:28:30 pm »
Trump didn't have anything to do with this thread but since some feel that it should be used for little more than an attack on Cruz let's compare.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 02:41:09 pm »
Probably another policy where Cruz moved closer to Trump's position on immigration.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/01/ted_cruz_is_moving_to_donald_trump_s_right_on_immigration.html

Numbers USA bears this out as well. Oh well; let's not let the truth get in the way.

Subscribing to Slates warped logic instead of what the candidates actually said in 2015. Just one more in a long list of example why Trump cheerleaders are in fact Leftists.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 02:57:45 pm »
Subscribing to Slates warped logic instead of what the candidates actually said in 2015. Just one more in a long list of example why Trump cheerleaders are in fact Leftists.

In 2014 Ted Cruz introduced legislation to strip passports from Americans who go overseas to fight alongside terrorists.

Senator BLOCKS Ted Cruz bill to seize passports from ISIS fighters who return to the US

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2761333/Swords-cross-Capitol-Hill-senator-blocks-bill-stripping-citizenship-American-foreign-fighters-aid-ISIS-terror-army.html#ixzz3DhV5gnSd

Ted Cruz also co sponsored a bill with Chuck Schumer that is now law. It denies entry to UN diplomats who are known terrorists (Trump wouldn't be able to rent property to Qadaffi)

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 03:14:03 pm »

Ted Cruz also co sponsored a bill with Chuck Schumer that is now law. It denies entry to UN diplomats who are known terrorists (Trump wouldn't be able to rent property to Qadaffi)

That can't be true.  Everyone knows that Ted Cruz can't accomplish anything in the Senate because no one likes him.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:16:50 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 03:21:29 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️