Author Topic: Rep. Brian Babin (R-TX) and 37 other members of Congress, seek moratorium on refugees from terrorist-infested parts of the world  (Read 683 times)

rangerrebew

Rep. Brian Babin (R-TX) and 37 other members of Congress, seek moratorium on refugees from terrorist-infested parts of the world

Posted by Ann Corcoran on September 17, 2016

They are listening to you on Capitol Hill as we see in this letter to the House leadership from dozens of House members. Here is the press release (below) on the Babin/Brat letter to Speaker Paul Ryan.  This is from Thursday and I haven’t seen much about it yet, but this is BIG news!  (this post will be updated as soon as we get more information!)
brian-babin

No fear! Rep. Brian Babin of Texas has been demanding reform of the US Refugee Admissions Program since he first set foot in the halls of Congress.
Remember Obama can’t get his final wish (110,000 refugees beginning two weeks from today) to change America by changing its people without MONEY that Congress appropriates!  Forget Obama, whether we continue on the road Europe is on, or not, is up to the Republican Congress!

Here is one brave and important move some Republicans are making:

Washington, DC – U.S. Rep. Brian Babin (R-TX) was joined by 37 of his colleagues today in sending a letter to Speaker Ryan, Majority Leader McCarthy and Appropriations Chairman Rogers asking that provisions be included in the upcoming Continuing Resolution legislation that would put in place a moratorium on refugees coming from terrorist hotbeds in Syria, the Middle East, and North Africa until appropriate screening procedures are put in place and Congress is given a full accounting of the costs of this program.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/rep-brian-babin-r-tx-and-37-other-members-of-congress-seek-moratorium-on-refugees-from-terrorist-infested-parts-of-the-world/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 09:56:06 am by rangerrebew »

Offline MajorClay

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So, Asia, Europe, Central and South America, I guess in this day and age. :shrug: