Author Topic: (Politico) Cruz’s conundrum: Help GOP save the Senate?  (Read 7241 times)

Offline bilo

Re: (Politico) Cruz’s conundrum: Help GOP save the Senate?
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 09:31:18 pm »
There is nothing ironic about hating a man who used slander and lies to gain a position of influence for which he is unqualified.

But the hypocrisy is more than rich among those who continue to attack the man at whom the slander and lies were primarily aimed, who refrained from responding until his family was similarly maligned, who publicly congratulated the slandering liar upon the latter's victory, and who has now reverted to silence on the matter in order to support the party.

@aligncare

This comment is spot on!

Sen Cruz is hated by the leftists, the establishment, and the populists because he knows what he believes. He knows why he believes it/ He fights for what he believes in and they don't have any of those qualities.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2016, 10:30:33 pm »
There is nothing ironic about hating a man who used slander and lies to gain a position of influence for which he is unqualified.

But the hypocrisy is more than rich among those who continue to attack the man at whom the slander and lies were primarily aimed, who refrained from responding until his family was similarly maligned, who publicly congratulated the slandering liar upon the latter's victory, and who has now reverted to silence on the matter in order to support the party.

@aligncare

The math is simple but few will do the equation. At least in public for fear of upsetting others. I have no such quams.

If a person supports a person that employed liberal tactics, that person approves of those tactics. Both people 'is a liberal'. They can say they are conservative 10,000,000 times and it will not change the fact they are a liberal supportive of liberalism.

Doesn't matter who that person is. Friend, family, online, offline. Support liberals, support liberalism, and one is a liberal.

If we would simply stand on the truth of that when these degenerates make excuses for trying to wreck good people, the world would be a better place.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 10:40:08 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2016, 10:34:53 pm »
It's not Ted's problem, he didn't create this situation - he was the one who fought hardest to avoid this situation.
Exactly!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2016, 10:37:45 pm »
The math is simple but few will do the equation. At least in public for fear of upsetting others. I have no such quams.

If a person supports a person that employed liberal tactics, that person approves of those tactics. Both people is a liberal. They can say they are conservative 10,000,000 times and it will not change the fact they are a liberal supportive of liberalism.

Doesn't matter who that person is. Friend, family, online, offline. Support liberals, support liberalism, and one is a liberal.

If we would simply stand on the truth of that when these degenerates make excuses for trying to wreck good people, the world would be a better place.

Enabling bad behavior has never led to anything good.

Its like paying a drug addict to stay sober. They might stay sober long enough to get a meal and feel good about themselves for a while but as soon as the cravings start, its all over.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2016, 10:38:24 pm »
Did I say something that was incorrect? The pages here at TBR don't drip with Trump hatred? (Fess up now, guys -- you know who you are)

(Oh, and too, any criticism of Ted Cruz, it seems, is taken as hatred for him. Just my casual observation, but I don't think that to be true...

....While the lovely remarks y'all make about Donald Trump are lauded as astute political analysis.   :silly:  Sorry, couldn't help myself, but it is funny)

#NeverTrump #NeverRight #ButtHurtNation
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:21:54 pm by aligncare »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2016, 10:41:24 pm »
Did I say something that was incorrect? The pages here at TBR don't drip with Trump hatred? (Fess up now, guys -- you know who you are)

(Oh, and too, any criticism of Ted Cruz, it seems, is taken as hatred for him. Just my casual observation, but I think that's not true...

....While the lovely remarks y'all make about Donald Trump are lauded as astute political analysis.   :silly:  Sorry, couldn't help myself, but it is funny)

#NeverTrump #NeverRight #ButtHurtNation

Considering your prior comments RE: FR and your game playing, nothing you say holds any value.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 10:43:19 pm »
No problem for the "principled" Cruz to have a rally with Trump, be allies with Trump, move his immigration stance closer to Trump.  So, Cruz was fighting harder against Trump than anyone? Yeah, we see that.
No, WE don't. Cruz talked about a Wall in 2011. Where was Trump? Hiring Illegals?

And if Cruz and Trump were such buddies, then Trump's perfidy is all the more damning.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2016, 10:46:35 pm »
@aligncare

Your avatar is at least a quart low. The eyes aren't brown.

:laugh:

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 10:46:50 pm »
No, WE don't. Cruz talked about a Wall in 2011. Where was Trump? Hiring Illegals?

And if Cruz and Trump were such buddies, then Trump's perfidy is all the more damning.

I find it endlessly entertaining that these people were all in favor of TC when they thought it would help elect a liberal. But when it turned out that unlike the liberal they support, TC was a principled conservative, they did what all liberals do. they cast him aside and did their damnedest, to this day I may add, to destroy him.

So whats entertaining? Simple. They think no one noticed. Speaks to their mindset.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2016, 10:50:33 pm »
I find it endlessly entertaining that these people were all in favor of TC when they thought it would help elect a liberal. But when it turned out that unlike the liberal they support, TC was a principled conservative, they did what all liberals do. they cast him aside and did their damnedest, to this day I may add, to destroy him.

So whats entertaining? Simple. They think no one noticed. Speaks to their mindset.

Notice that Ted Cruz is one of the loudest voices raising the alarm about Obama fixin to hand the internet over to the UN for regulation in just a few days.

Have you heard Trump mention it?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2016, 10:52:38 pm »
Can anyone give me an example of when the Senate Republicans supported Cruz on any of his attempts to either fight Obama on any principle, whether it be Obama care or anything else?

The senate and the "party" fought him tooth and nail from the day he got to Washington because he would not blend in and become a good little senator from Texas and do what they told him to do.

They can go to hell and I, as well as many other Texans, will support him financially and with our votes the next time he runs and I can damn well guarantee he will be re-elected and once again will give them hell.

Right.  Except for a handful of senators like Mike Lee, the rest of the Senate was too busy collecting their paychecks and perks to actually work for the good of the people and this nation.  They didn't like this young upstart doing what he promised the voters he would do.   Ted Cruz showed them up, exposing them for the lying snakes they are.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2016, 10:54:14 pm »
Notice that Ted Cruz is one of the loudest voices raising the alarm about Obama fixin to hand the internet over to the UN for regulation in just a few days.

Cruz has sounded the call against a lot of things Trump and his supporters want that align carefully with the Obama agenda. Which is why he must be destroyed politically and personally. He is stopping the trains from running on time.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2016, 11:05:04 pm »
Cruz has sounded the call against a lot of things Trump and his supporters want that align carefully with the Obama agenda. Which is why he must be destroyed politically and personally. He is stopping the trains from running on time.

Seems to me that they've ignored the warning of Reagan and expect Trump to fix everything for them.

He won't.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2016, 11:17:59 pm »

So, let me get this straight. #NeverTrump hates Donald Trump so bad they're willing to accept a Hillary presidency for 4 or 8 years, so that Ted Cruz is set up in 2020 or 2024 to swoop down from on high, on the backs of heavenly Angels, and be elected president to save America. Have I got that right?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2016, 11:28:04 pm »
So, let me get this straight. #NeverTrump hates Donald Trump so bad they're willing to accept a Hillary presidency for 4 or 8 years, so that Ted Cruz is set up in 2020 or 2024 to swoop down from on high, on the backs of heavenly Angels, and be elected president to save America. Have I got that right?

You get this straight! I don't hate anyone and I don't vote for liberals!

Donald Trump and Hillary Clintoon are BOTH liberals!

You got that?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2016, 11:28:50 pm »

No, you don't have that right.  Are you unable to read the post immediately above yours, quoting Reagan to the effect that effective government is based on values rather than on hero worship?

You asked earlier in this thread whether you had said anything incorrect.  Pure snark cannot be evaluated as correct or incorrect, it is merely snark.
James 1:20

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2016, 11:31:38 pm »

You won't. The MSM want the internet controlled. They want to be the Ministry of Truth again.  Don't expect it to get any airtime.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2016, 11:56:21 pm »
You won't. The MSM want the internet controlled. They want to be the Ministry of Truth again.  Don't expect it to get any airtime.

Trump has said he wants to bring in guys like Bill Gates to "close up" certain parts of the internet.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2016, 12:11:32 am »

No, you are wrong as always.

YOU and yours made a Hillary "presidency" a foregone inevitability the moment you lofted Trump as your prince and assisted him in personally and vindictively destroying every Conservative in the primary.

Technically, YOU would own Hildabeast's coronation were this election legit.  All you did in reality is help the Oligarchy perpetrate the greatest fraud ever foisted upon a nation.  And you bought it hook, line and sinker.

Besides, no man, politician, party or movement is going to save America.

Period.

We don't elect monarchs, messiahs or dictators.

But that is what you people demand.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2016, 12:34:22 am »
   @Frank Cannon If you would stop arguing with @TomSea, I could go back to never seeing his drivel again.

PS:  It bothers me that 'Canon' appears to have fallen down and can't get up, I'm beginning to think that maybe 'You don't need another Drink'.

@corbe .....I have pneumonia.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2016, 01:38:56 am »
You get this straight! I don't hate anyone and I don't vote for liberals!

Donald Trump and Hillary Clintoon are BOTH liberals!

You got that?

Who you vote for is your own business. I don't care. Got that?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2016, 01:43:09 am »
@corbe .....I have pneumonia.

"Let's hope it's nothing trivial." - Irvin S. Cobb

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2016, 02:00:50 am »

Yeah! Right!  That's why you spend so much time building strawmen in an effort to get me to change it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2016, 02:16:32 am »
Yeah! Right!  That's why you spend so much time building strawmen in an effort to get me to change it.
The ultimate strawman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nauLgZISozs

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2016, 02:25:07 am »

BWHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAA!!!

Your fruits on this board declare such a statement beyond bovine excrement.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775