Author Topic: RNC Chairman: Party could penalize former GOP candidates who don’t endorse Donald Trump  (Read 1374 times)

Offline unknown

RNC Chairman: Party could penalize former GOP candidates who don’t endorse Donald Trump

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rnc-chairman-reince-priebus-party-penalties-former-gop-trump-endorsement/

Emily Schultheis
September 18, 2016

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said Sunday that it’s high time for Donald Trump’s former primary challengers to come on board and support his campaign—and suggested there could be trouble for them in 2020 or 2024 if they don’t.

“Those people need to get on board,” he told CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “And if they’re thinking they’re going to run again someday, I think that we’re going to evaluate the process – of the nomination process and I don’t think it’s going to be that easy for them.”

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

I am not sure I like this. If Cruz wants to tell Trump to go pound sand, I can understand that.

But then, I understand the position of the RNC.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline LadyLiberty

Penalize?  How much power do they really have?  If they had as much power as he implies, Jeb would be the nominee.

Online corbe

There you go Sen. Cruz "I didn't leave the Republican party, they BARRED me".

Time to talk to Darell Castle.

Screw the GOP, so brainwashed to be demolished by a Populist, Liberal NYer.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Priebus to Cruz:  "Nice little Senator-ship you got there.  Be a real shame if somethin' happened to it..."
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline libertybele

Priebus is one who IS responsible for bolstering Trump.  He is/was detrimental to the party.  Just like Boehner was detrimental as Speaker.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

Priebus to Cruz:  "Nice little Senator-ship you got there.  Be a real shame if somethin' happened to it..."

McConnell already has in the 'proverbial' closet on Committee assignments.

Screw the GOP
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sinkspur

Priebus is Trump's Renfield.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline skeeter

I am not sure I like this. If Cruz wants to tell Trump to go pound sand, I can understand that.

But then, I understand the position of the RNC.

I noticed the RNC waited until Cruz, the man they are REALLY afraid of, forked over a ton of campaign dough from his war chest to the NRSC before making this threat.

Contemptible slugs, all of them.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Priebus doesn't have that kind of power.

Even so, he's still a piece of crap for saying it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Priebus will one day be known as "The Undertaker" for the damage he does to the party.

Wingnut

Rancid Prius.  What a pecker head. 

Online corbe

Priebus will one day be known as "The Undertaker" for the damage he does to the party.

He has Out-Destroyed the damage done by his predecessor-Michael Steele.

The GOP was Ripe for pickings with the Tea Party revolt, but 'we' couldn't do it. 
   The IRS shutting down the $$$ with phoney Audits didn't help.

The Donald just proved how RIPE they were.

Sen. Cruz needs to introduce Legislation barring anyone that ever did a Reality TV show from being 'even' considered for any nomination of anything.