Author Topic: High School Football Fans Told To Stop Chanting "USA, USA"  (Read 627 times)

Offline unknown

High School Football Fans Told To Stop Chanting "USA, USA"
« on: September 18, 2016, 02:37:41 am »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-17/stop-insanity-high-school-football-fans-told-stop-chanting-usa-usa

Tyler Durden
Sep 17, 2016

Originally authored by Todd Starnes

Patriotism is under fire in Western Michigan.

The OK Conference, representing 50 schools, has announced a crackdown on fans chanting, “USA” at football games. They are also implementing strict rules on flags and political banners.

“Coaches and fans are irate,” said Bill Simonson, the host of a statewide sports radio show. “People are tired of being told what flag to fly or what political side to lean towards.”

Mr. Simonson, who hosts “The Huge Show”, was the first to break this insane story.

The athletic conference’s crackdown comes after fans from a predominantly black school took offense after fans from a predominantly white school displayed a Betsy Ross flag and a “Make America Great Again” banner.

Critics called the flag racist and a local superintendent said it symbolized hate.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: High School Football Fans Told To Stop Chanting "USA, USA"
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 08:31:36 am »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-17/stop-insanity-high-school-football-fans-told-stop-chanting-usa-usa

Tyler Durden
Sep 17, 2016

Originally authored by Todd Starnes

Patriotism is under fire in Western Michigan.

The OK Conference, representing 50 schools, has announced a crackdown on fans chanting, “USA” at football games. They are also implementing strict rules on flags and political banners.

Mr. Simonson, who hosts “The Huge Show”, was the first to break this insane story.

The athletic conference’s crackdown comes after fans from a predominantly black school took offense after fans from a predominantly white school displayed a Betsy Ross flag and a “Make America Great Again” banner.

Critics called the flag racist and a local superintendent said it symbolized hate.

{.. snip ..}
How does the Betsy Ross flag symbolize "hate"?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: High School Football Fans Told To Stop Chanting "USA, USA"
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 08:42:57 pm »
I hope the fans at these games have the cojones to tell the conference to go pound sand, and to continue to chant USA and to display patriotic flags.  Patriotic flags symbolize hate?  Well, maybe so, hate for the leftist principles those perpetually offended folks believe rather than the principles that made America a free country.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!