Author Topic: Police respond to an apparent explosion in New York City  (Read 4072 times)

Offline mrclose

Re: Police respond to an apparent explosion in New York City
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 08:36:49 pm »

The New York Post reported a letter that was partially written in Arabic was found in a plastic bag that held the second pressure cooker device in New York City Saturday night. That device planted four blocks from the bomb that exploded in the Chelsea neighborhood wounding 29 people did not explode and was taken away by authorities for investigation.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/09/report-letter-with-arabic-writing-found-on-second-bomb-in-new-york-city-witnesses-saw-arab-man-with-suitcase/#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/LRMxe6cO9K
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 08:37:12 pm »
What was everyones first thought when they heard about this?? A bombing would be my guess. no different than cankles or trump. so lets cut the crap about trump jumping the gun. like him or hate him he was right.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2016, 08:38:25 pm »
People here and people on FR seem to believe that the world revolves around Trump and everything relates to him. It doesn't.
This story isn't about Trump at all. It's interesting that the one who would make it about Trump is the one who's offended that he was correct about it being a bomb.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline livius

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 08:43:14 pm »
I can't stand Trump, but I don't think there's a person in the world who didn't know right off that it was a bomb. I'm just puzzled as to why some people see everything in terms of how it relates to Trump - very strange!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 08:44:22 pm »
I can't stand Trump, but I don't think there's a person in the world who didn't know right off that it was a bomb. I'm just puzzled as to why some people see everything in terms of how it relates to Trump - very strange!
Agreed - on all points.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2016, 09:47:50 pm »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2016, 10:49:31 pm »
NYC mayor says explosion “intentional” but not terrorism, alt-right already blames Islam

CNN reported that an explosion hit New York City’s Chelsea neighborhood Saturday night, leaving dozens injured but no dead. There are no known leads as to who carried out the explosion and why, but controversy has already begun on Twitter. Mayor Bill De Blasio’s comments that the attack was “intentional” but showed no signs of “terrorism” have been criticized, and many on the alt-right are already linking the attack to Muslims.

According to CNN, De Blasio said the attack “was an intentional act.” On the other hand, he said “there’s no evidence at thsi point of a terror connection.” Sensing a contradiction, many tweeters hammered him for these comments.

In De Blasio’s defense, logically speaking, perhaps it’s possible a bomb could be intentional but not intended to kill civilians if it aimed to destroy property. The bomb was placed in or near a dumpster.

As of now, there are no known perpetrators or assailants behind the attack. However, many popular figures among the alt-right–a right-wing movement supportive of Donald Trump’s candidacy–are already blaming Muslims for the attack.

Read More At: http://www.albawaba.com/loop/nyc-mayor-says-explosion-%E2%80%9Cintentional%E2%80%9D-not-terrorism-alt-right-already-blames-islam-883920

A variety of tweets at webpage; a Cenk Uygur tweet as well. I thought he was of the Young Turks so a variety of tweets, he must not be "alt-right", others seemingly are, on a quick scan, I saw nothing objectionable at the one tweet page I looked at.

Mods merge if it is proper.

Offline raml

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2016, 01:41:13 am »
If someone puts a bomb out on the streets it is terrorism no matter who did it. The most likely are Muslims since 99% of the time it is them so it is not far fetched to think it was terrorism. That is what I think it is even before they catch whoever it is Muslim or not.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 01:53:16 am »
If someone puts a bomb out on the streets it is terrorism no matter who did it. The most likely are Muslims since 99% of the time it is them so it is not far fetched to think it was terrorism. That is what I think it is even before they catch whoever it is Muslim or not.

The bomb  that went off was not in the streets; it was in a dumpster.  Seems kinda dumb to put a bomb in a dumpster if you want to do maximum damage.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2016, 02:07:37 am »

:thumbsup:

Offline chae

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2016, 02:20:25 am »
@sinkspur

I just saw they are saying it was not inside but next to the dumpster.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2016, 11:54:53 am »
@sinkspur

I just saw they are saying it was not inside but next to the dumpster.

The Chelsea explosion was powerful. The dumpster was said to have been thrown halfway down the block and twisted like it was made of tin -- ball bearings everywhere along the street. This device was meant to kill and mame.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2016, 12:06:30 pm »
They think they know who it is now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JPeterDonald/status/777830341558042624

Maybe someone can reproduce this tweet. Story breaking on NYC news,
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2016, 12:13:41 pm »
They think they know who it is now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JPeterDonald/status/777830341558042624

Maybe someone can reproduce this tweet. Story breaking on NYC news,

Breitbart is running a live feed with a picture of the suspected perp.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/17/explosion-in-manhattan/

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.