Author Topic: Hillary Clinton’s Backers Thought She Couldn’t Lose. Now, ‘I Can’t Go There.’  (Read 1428 times)

Offline unknown

Hillary Clinton’s Backers Thought She Couldn’t Lose. Now, ‘I Can’t Go There.’

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/us/politics/hillary-clinton-voters.html

MATT FLEGENHEIMER
SEPT. 16, 2016

Beside the olive display at Zabar’s, that iconic hub of lox and neurosis on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, Linda Donohue was trying to talk herself down.

Surely the polls she tracked anxiously were not to be trusted, she said. Surely Donald J. Trump, the man with the garish golden tower across town, would not be allowed to reach the White House.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Longmire

lots of anecdotal evidence supports the notion that the Dems are panicking.

One told me yesterday that he thinks Trump will win but then the military will kill him before he takes office.

Tried to convince me to vote for Clinton to save Trump's life.  :laugh:

Offline DiogenesLamp

One told me yesterday that he thinks Trump will win but then the military will kill him before he takes office.

Convince them to vote for Trump to save all of our lives.   

Only Nancy Pelosi could be worse than Hillary. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline unknown

:silly:

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Convince them to vote for Trump to save all of our lives.
  :dropjaw:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DiogenesLamp

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline NavyCanDo

I will have to admit what once seemed like a certain win for Hillary, may look more like the 2000 election, dependent on Florida or another large swing state. We'll see how the first debate goes.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline unknown

Quit it... you are tearing me up.

That one is too funny!!!    :silly:

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sinkspur

Hillary is still the prohibitive favorite due to the electoral college. 

And, of course, Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LMAO

I will have to admit what once seemed like a certain win for Hillary, may look more like the 2000 election, dependent on Florida or another large swing state. We'll see how the first debate goes.

People quoting polls back in May,June and even July as an indicator that Trump would lose in Nov was way, way too premature. Polls are a snapshot of how people feel at a given moment. If events continue as they are, however, Trump will win in a close one.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DiogenesLamp

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sinkspur

Rebecca SinderbrandVerified account
‏@sinderbrand
Trump: "I think her bodyguards should drop all weapons. They should disarm immediately. Take their guns away, let's see what happens to her"
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline unknown