Author Topic: Taxpayers Are Fleeing New York in Droves  (Read 556 times)

rangerrebew

Taxpayers Are Fleeing New York in Droves
« on: September 16, 2016, 04:56:07 pm »
Taxpayers are Fleeing New York in Droves

In 2014, 126,000 New York tax filers fled to other places in the United States — more than from any other state, according to the study posted on newgeography.com by two demographers.

The Empire State also lost the most “high earners,” who reported incomes of more than $200,000 a year.

“New York has been leading the nation in domestic migration for decades,” Wendell Cox, who co-authored the study, told the Albany Times Union.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/15/taxpayers-are-fleeing-new-york-in-droves/
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 04:57:40 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Taxpayers Are Fleeing New York in Droves
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 07:15:48 pm »
Been the case for some time now.

Some people who work in NY choose to not even live there, like I did in the 80's. The income taxes were insane then so I chose to live in an adjoining state.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 10:16:29 pm »
Yeah,  that's a shame.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Axel

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 02:27:23 pm »
Yet when they move to NC they vote in politicians that will raise their taxes back up to NY rates.  :shrug:
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election