Author Topic: Donald Trump Holds a Baby as He Reveals Paid Leave and Childcare Plans for Moms  (Read 5626 times)

geronl

That's about as creepy as it gets.

very true

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is rolling-on-the-floor laughable.  The Clintons and Democrats have failed to enact childcare policies because they have been stopped by Republican opposition, which has long held that the government has no business being involved in child care!!

Now, we have this big-busted Democrat lecturing the country about how cruel we've been in the past and had better get on board the Trump entitlement train!!!
But wait! there is more! With a government program, it is  likely only government approved babysitters will be the ones who can be reimbursed or funded... So those responsible teenagers who used to babysit will be out of a job... unless they can give all the right government answers on a test....one more thing they can't do, one more situation where responsibility and maturity won't be rewarded...so, like, why botherrr?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline NavyCanDo

This sums up what we are seeing here by his dedicated supporters. It isn't easy giving up something that you have so much emotion invested in. Think of it as a woman who has been married for a long time to a man that has beat her. The justifications she gives for staying with her abuser. They sound illogical to everyone else, but for her, they make sense

I could say that another way. It's easy to give up things you had no real vested interest in, issues you were never really serious about and to you not worth fighting for. Like limited government, limiting government subsidies, battling global warming alarmist, etc. Fight's now worth giving up on it seems.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

But wait! there is more! With a government program, it is  likely only government approved babysitters will be the ones who can be reimbursed or funded... So those responsible teenagers who used to babysit will be out of a job... unless they can give all the right government answers on a test....one more thing they can't do, one more situation where responsibility and maturity won't be rewarded...so, like, why botherrr?

888high58888 Take away responsibility and initiative for people to do for themselves.  Things like babysitting, mowing lawns, shoveling driveways, newspaper routes, washing/detailing cars, etc., all used to teach teens responsibility.  In my area, lawncare, snow shoveling, etc., are now adult owned businesses and hire illegals or those who can't find other jobs for various reasons.   The latest I've heard is the push for 'automated' fast food restaurants ... yet another instance where we'll put people (not just teens) out of work. 

This fantasy that Trump will be good for the economy needs to end; he's pushing to make himself money and is clearly heading in the LIBERAL direction of expanding government.  Also this notion that he's going to bring manufacturing jobs back is another Trumpette fantasy.  You can cut corporate taxes and open the door for manufacturing jobs here, but those manufacturers who have left the good ole U.S.A. long ago because it was cheaper to do business abroad aren't going to go through the cost to bring their operations back here; they still get tax breaks overseas and the cost to move their operations back here would be astronomical.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
@CatherineofAragon

Not as uncomfortable as I know it is for you to actively oppose him, knowing that Coffin Hillary is the alternative.

Perhaps if Trump had more support on the right he wouldn't have to go looking for it on the left.  :pondering:
So it's my fault for being conservative that Trump isn't more conservative. Boy, you are as twisted as a pretzel maker playing twister.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So it's my fault for being conservative that Trump isn't more conservative. Boy, you are as twisted as a pretzel maker playing twister.

Ah, the "Unknown Pretzel".

Online corbe

@Smokin Joe

I see another UNION Giveaway similar to the Health Care fiasco in Minnesota, SEIU.

We know the Unions are still MOBBED UP and Trump has Experience with NY Mob Families (Concrete, anyone?}

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.