Author Topic: Donald Trump Holds a Baby as He Reveals Paid Leave and Childcare Plans for Moms  (Read 5643 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.people.com/article/donald-trump-unveils-child-care-policies

Donald Trump unveiled several policy proposals for lowering child-care costs on Tuesday, which were partially influenced by his daughter, Ivanka Trump.

Among the plans is a scheme to give new moms six weeks of paid maternity leave, according to The Washington Post.

The GOP nominee's daughter appeared on Good Morning America Wednesday to declare their child-care plan is "long overdue" in the United States.

Ivanka Trump also took aim at her father's opponent Hillary Clinton – saying that despite decades in public office the Clintons have failed to enact better childcare policies.

Clinton has outlined a plan including longer family leave and paternity leave after a new baby.

"Respectfully, Clinton has been around for decades and there's no policy benefiting either mothers or fathers in terms of paid leave," Ivanka Trump stated.

She continued, "Certainly she had opportunity to have a concept like that in the past. We have not been in public office for the last several decades and she has, so she could have instituted some of those policies in that role and has not done so."

Ivanka also highlighted the fact that the Trump Organization has paid maternity leave as well as adoption leave. Her own company gives new mothers eight weeks paid leave, a benefit she claimed only 10 percent of American businesses offer.

In a speech delivered in Aston, Pennsylvania, Trump proposed the maternity leave policy to mothers who don't already receive leave from their employer.

Offline Frank Cannon

Another severely Conservative policy from Donny and his ultra Left campaign advisor Ivanka.

Can any Trump supporters explain to me why this is even remotely good for the country? How is this affordable? Why are you supporting a plank that was in the Lib Lefts platform for decades?

Wingnut

The kid has bigger hands.

Offline SirLinksALot

Offline Frank Cannon

Just heard a snippet on the radio that Trump says Hitlary's plan doesn't go far enough. Looks like the Trumpettes are very comfortable being to the LEFT of her on big govt' policies........because they are all Marxists shills.

Offline sinkspur

The GOP nominee's daughter appeared on Good Morning America Wednesday to declare their child-care plan is "long overdue" in the United States.

Ivanka Trump also took aim at her father's opponent Hillary Clinton – saying that despite decades in public office the Clintons have failed to enact better childcare policies.

This is rolling-on-the-floor laughable.  The Clintons and Democrats have failed to enact childcare policies because they have been stopped by Republican opposition, which has long held that the government has no business being involved in child care!!

Now, we have this big-busted Democrat lecturing the country about how cruel we've been in the past and had better get on board the Trump entitlement train!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

This is rolling-on-the-floor laughable.  The Clintons and Democrats have failed to enact childcare policies because they have been stopped by Republican opposition, which has long held that the government has no business being involved in child care!!

Now, we have this big-busted Democrat lecturing the country about how cruel we've been in the past and had better get on board the Trump entitlement train!!!

:thumbsup:

Yep. Trump will make all those Democrat plans come true!

Offline Frank Cannon

So to keep score:

Thanks to Donny the GOP NOW supports global warming, Amnesty, free Child care.

Offline Longmire

There's an overload of conservative virtue signalling on this thread.

Cute babies though... ^-^

Offline sinkspur

We're all Democrats now.

Offline bolobaby

Don't expect Trumpettes to ever feel foolish for supporting him though. He'll do everything the left wants and Trumpettes will still claim he's...

...more conservative than Reagan...
...enacting a conservative agenda...
...making America great...

...oh, and... JUDGES!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Silver Pines

Are you serious?  Opposition to the Democratic platforms of paid maternity leave and global warming is now "virtue signaling?"

@Longmire, how uncomfortable is it to support Trump at this point?  Because I don't believe for one second that it isn't.  Look at how far left you have to swing to keep justifying Donald's liberalism.

Online corbe

@Longmire

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

Donald Trump (D) Democrat Nominee for President.

Pick your Stiff this November

Offline skeeter

So to keep score:

Thanks to Donny the GOP NOW supports global warming, Amnesty, free Child care.

Its just Trump "shaken' things up" in Washington.

Only he can do it, doncha know.

Offline Victoria33

Another severely Conservative policy from Donny and his ultra Left campaign advisor Ivanka.  Can any Trump supporters explain to me why this is even remotely good for the country? How is this affordable? Why are you supporting a plank that was in the Lib Lefts platform for decades?
@Frank Cannon
@CatherineofAragon

I think this is wonderful.  Surely, Trump and Ivanka, are all inclusive in this child care program, which means I can get government money to pay me back for raising two children and paying for child care beginning 65 years ago.  If Trump and Ivanka don't pay me back, they are racist.   888high58888
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:26:46 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline rodamala

Someone with the time and skills... please Photoshop the back of His Orangeness' head into this meme.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:32:24 pm by rodamala »

Offline Longmire

@Longmire, how uncomfortable is it to support Trump at this point? 

@CatherineofAragon

Not as uncomfortable as I know it is for you to actively oppose him, knowing that Coffin Hillary is the alternative.

Perhaps if Trump had more support on the right he wouldn't have to go looking for it on the left.  :pondering:

Online corbe

Perhaps if Trump had more support on the right he wouldn't have to go looking for it on the left.

@Longmire   I do enjoy your insight and contributions here, you are one of just a few Trumpsters/Trumpettes I can converse with without really getting very sad for my Country.  That being said, the above dribble is just beyond my comprehension and it's to early to get stoned.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

@Frank Cannon
@CatherineofAragon

I think this is wonderful.  Surely, Trump and Ivanka, are all inclusive in this child care program, which means I can get government money to pay me back for raising two children and paying for child care beginning 65 years ago.  If Trump and Ivanka don't pay me back, they are racist.   888high58888

@Victoria33

Don't forget, this Democrat is the one who's going to appoint conservative judges. 

Offline sinkspur

@CatherineofAragon

Not as uncomfortable as I know it is for you to actively oppose him, knowing that Coffin Hillary is the alternative.

Perhaps if Trump had more support on the right he wouldn't have to go looking for it on the left.  :pondering:

An admission that Trump has no political core, that he will do or so anything as long as he WINS.

Trump is the issue, not Hillary, although it's becoming more and more difficult to distinguish between them.

Offline Longmire

@corbe Try thinking of Trump as a bank robber, he's going to go where the votes are.

Something also tells me there's psychographic logic behind this plan...

Offline sinkspur

@corbe Try thinking of Trump as a bank robber, he's going to go where the votes are.

Something also tells me there's psychographic logic behind this plan...

Perfect analogy, since Trump makes it a practice to stiff contractors and employees.

There is no "logic" behind this plan.  Ivanka, the Democrat, wants it, and daddy will give it to her.

Offline sinkspur

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

So quit doing it.    ^-^