Author Topic: Third-grader pulled out of class, served restraining order  (Read 801 times)

rangerrebew

Third-grader pulled out of class, served restraining order
« on: September 14, 2016, 12:27:33 pm »
Third-grader pulled out of class, served restraining order
September 9, 2016
By Victor Skinner

HILLSBORO, Mo. – Jefferson County third grader Peyton Whitehead was served at school Thursday.

peytonwhiteheadThe 8-year-old Hillsboro Elementary student was in class as normal Thursday when a county sheriff’s deputy paid him a visit to serve an ex-parte order of protection, which essentially forces him to remain in his home until his Sept. 20 court date, his mother told KMOV.

“The cop told me that my son is not allowed to attend school now,” Danielle Whitehead said as she broke into tears. “He cannot go to school. …

“I don’t know what to do,” she said. “I have to wait till the court date.”

http://eagnews.org/third-grader-pulled-out-of-class-served-restraining-order/
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:28:49 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Third-grader pulled out of class, served restraining order
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 12:32:24 pm »
It is not unusual to have a child that threatens to kill other children. Parents used to not take it seriously.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 02:56:24 pm »
Getting bullied builds character and teaches kids to stand up for themselves. This anti-bullying stuff has gone to far.

Let kids fight a bit. They are at an age where the worst they'll get is a bloody nose or scraped knee. Afterward, they'll learn a measure of respect for each other.

Personally, I'll take an out-in-the-open bully over the passive aggressive bullcrap I often had to deal with the in corporate world.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 03:17:34 pm »
This is ridiculous.  The judge out to be ashamed. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 03:18:30 pm »
@rangerrebew

The article says he is learning disabled.  As an Associate School Psychologist, I tested learning disabled children for 15 years and placed them in "special" classes if they needed to be there, and was in charge of teachers in those classes.

Some of those children, a small number, were angry at their situation, and would strike out at others.  I would have to know what this child said to the neighbor children to evaluate the extent of the danger and know what his behavior was in the past - that is a critical part, knowing past behavior.  Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.  If he has actually lashed out at others before or been cruel to animals more than once, I wouldn't put him with other children at this time.

Now, serving him with legal papers at school, is nuts.  That should have happened at home with his parents there. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 03:41:48 pm »
Getting bullied builds character and teaches kids to stand up for themselves. This anti-bullying stuff has gone to far.

Let kids fight a bit. They are at an age where the worst they'll get is a bloody nose or scraped knee. Afterward, they'll learn a measure of respect for each other.

Personally, I'll take an out-in-the-open bully over the passive aggressive bullcrap I often had to deal with the in corporate world.

All true. We already have too many soft little snowflakes out there; tender tykes as pale and frail as penned veal.

But don't worry: 16 years of public education will have them ready to fight ISIS :nometalk: . 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 03:58:10 pm »
The personal protection order issued through the 23rd Judicial Circuit Court is the latest development in a long running dispute with the Whitehead’s neighbors, and it alleges Peyton made threats against the neighbor’s children, according to the news site.  ...
I'd like to know more about this. When I practiced law in Missouri, the law relating to this sort of protection order had to do with a family member or a person with whom the complainant had a prior relationship, i.e., ex-boyfriend. How can you sue a minor neighbor for what used to be called an "adult abuse" order of protection? Again, I'd like to see what the current law is (having moved from Missouri nearly 25 years ago), but I find this puzzling.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 07:33:16 pm »
Perhaps laws have become de jour and what they meant yesterday may be what they mean today.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:34:39 pm by rangerrebew »