Author Topic: 4 New Members Cosponsored Rep. Steve King's Birthright Citizenship Bill  (Read 830 times)

rangerrebew

4 New Members Cosponsored Rep. Steve King's Birthright Citizenship Bill

Published: 
Fri, Sep 9th 2016 @ 10:16 am EDT

When they returned from August recess this week, Reps. Warren Davidson (R-Ohio), Barry Loudermilk (R-Ga.), David Rouzer (R-N.C.), and Daniel Webster (R-Fla.) signed up to cosponsor Rep. Steve King’s (R-Iowa) bill that would end the practice of birthright citizenship. This brings the total number of cosponsors up to 53, which is the highest amount of cosponsors this bill has had since the 112th Congress.

Rep. King’s bill (H.R. 140) is one of NumberUSA’s 5 Great Immigration Solution Bills and ending birthright citizenship is one of the “10 steps to Fix our Broken Immigration System” that NumbersUSA released last month.

You can view all of the cosponsors for Rep. King’s bill and all of our 5 Great Immigration Solution bills below. Check and see if your local local representative has co-sponsored any of these bills.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/4-new-members-cosponsored-rep-steve-kings-birthright-citizenship-bill-week
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:55:55 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 4 New Members Cosponsored Rep. Steve King's Birthright Citizenship Bill
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 01:07:45 am »
A better course of action would be a Constitutional Amendment that modifies the existing 14th Amendment.

I sense the requisite number of states would ratify it easily.

Couldn't be moved through Congress, though -- so it would have to come from a convention of the States...

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 03:18:42 am »
Ahhh, so Congress can, with a simple bill, override the Constitution now?  And these are Republicans?  I thought Republicans were the folks who respected the Constitution.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 01:36:23 pm »
Ahhh, so Congress can, with a simple bill, override the Constitution now?  And these are Republicans?  I thought Republicans were the folks who respected the Constitution.

There is not one word in the Constitution that requires birthright citizenship and YOU know that because you have been shown the facts on it several times already!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 01:36:49 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien