Author Topic: Mike Pence Returns to Washington to Court Ted Cruz, Address Doubts  (Read 1991 times)

geronl

Re: Mike Pence Returns to Washington to Court Ted Cruz, Address Doubts
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 04:45:13 am »
There are no doubts.. that Trump is a liberal

geronl

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 04:50:13 am »
Pence knows Cruz plays dirty... none of which came from Ted himself.

Unlike calling another candidate a psychopath like a child molester, or saying look at that face! or hundreds of other things that Trump himself has said on the campaign trail. Trump is the lowest scum on Earth.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 05:02:30 am »
I rarely disagree with Cruz. this is one of those times. Pence has a record. It is not strongly conservative. Pence is not a good man. He sided with a Leftist Clinton donor.

While I understand why Cruz said it, it was wrong for him to flatly lie. Thats what Trump does.

Are you high or are you in the throws of pneumonia? What is wrong with someone being cordial to someone they both know and also were endorsed by at a critical time? So he isn't "Super Rock Hard" dyed in the wool Conservative. Many people are not snd I am sure that includes many people who voted for him for Gov.

Would you rather Cruz called him a F@#king C#%ksucker to meet your irrational level of truth telling? What a load of 5 star shit.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 06:31:55 am »
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/09/13/mike-pence-returns-to-washington-to-court-ted-cruz-address-doubts/

Mr. Pence sat down with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, who lost the Republican presidential nomination to Mr. Trump but whose endorsement could help boost the Republican nominee’s standing with conservatives. Mr. Cruz was famously booed at the party’s convention in July after he declined to endorse Mr. Trump.

Mr. Cruz didn’t respond to questions about whether he was any closer to endorsing his former rival. But he did lend a hand to the Republican nominee by echoing his attacks of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s recent description of some Trump supporters as a “basket of deplorables.” Mr. Cruz said: “That level of contempt from a candidate for the people is really disappointing. It’s a level of condescension.”

Of the meeting with Mr. Pence, Mr. Cruz said: ”It was a very very good meeting. Mike Pence is a good man. He’s a friend. He’s a strong conservative. I was grateful for his strong leadership and his strong support. We had a good and productive conversation.”

<snip>

Sounds like Trump is trying to crawl back into Sen Cruz's good graces.  Perhaps a back door apology was delivered.  Trump is too proud to say it in public.  If Trump PUBLICLY states that he will nominate Sen Cruz to replace Scalia on SCOTUS, I would be willing to hold my nose and vote for Trump.  Anything else .... meh.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 11:27:15 am »
Mr. Cruz said: ”It was a very very good meeting. Mike Pence is a good man. He’s a friend. He’s a strong conservative. I was grateful for his strong leadership and his strong support. We had a good and productive conversation.”

This is Moral Character 

"And his strong support"   :pondering:

geronl

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 11:33:56 am »
  If Trump PUBLICLY states that he will nominate Sen Cruz to replace Scalia on SCOTUS, I would be willing to hold my nose and vote for Trump.

I would not believe Trumps promises anyway. Just ask all his contractors who have written contracts that he never pays for.

Offline Leto

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2016, 12:43:27 pm »
Sounds like Trump is trying to crawl back into Sen Cruz's good graces.  Perhaps a back door apology was delivered.  Trump is too proud to say it in public.  If Trump PUBLICLY states that he will nominate Sen Cruz to replace Scalia on SCOTUS, I would be willing to hold my nose and vote for Trump.  Anything else .... meh.

Very well said!
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Silver Pines

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 01:24:05 pm »
Cruz Meets With Pence, But No Shift On Trump

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20160913-cruz-meets-with-pence-but-no-shift-on-trump.ece

"Jeff Roe, Cruz's former campaign manager, emerged from the meeting right as Cruz left out of a side entrance in a car with windows sealed.

"No breaking news," Roe said, adding that Cruz and Pence "just hadn't seen each other in a while, so it was good. Two good, principled conservatives hanging out."