Author Topic: Stop Lying: #NeverTrump Doesn't 'Want' Hillary To Be President. That's Dumb.  (Read 4742 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Stop Lying: #NeverTrump Doesn't 'Want' Hillary To Be President. That's Dumb.
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2016, 04:49:27 pm »
I don't believe that the #NeverTrump crowd wants Hillary to be president, but I do believe they are obsessed with bringing Trump down.

There is a long tradition of Republicans unhappy with the nominee shutting up during the general election.  But for reasons I don't understand, the #NeverTrump crowd seems intent on intentionally sabotaging Trump as opposed to just letting the electorate make its choice.

Trump is a terrible human being, as in the worst breathing biped alive.  I am doing all I can to prevent a man as ignorant and crude as he from sullying the Oval Office. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Stop Lying: #NeverTrump Doesn't 'Want' Hillary To Be President. That's Dumb.
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 05:27:37 pm »
A perfect analogy of how....we're damned if we do (vote for Trump and Trump wins) and damned if we don't (don't vote for Trump and Hillary wins).  And since I am still convinced that Trump is not 'in it to win it'....any vote for Trump of mine would be wasted anyway.

And....since we're damned either way, I'm voting for Castle.  At least I will have voted MY principles and conscience.  Let everyone else do as they please.

Personally, I intend to vote for Johnson, unless it is very close in Pennsylvania, in which case I will have to consider holding my nose.

But I have to admit i am happy to see Trump doing well, as I absolutely hate Hillary Clinton, and I hope like hell she gets her corrupt butt kicked.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 05:29:43 pm by massadvj »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2016, 05:40:43 pm »
A perfect analogy of how....we're damned if we do (vote for Trump and Trump wins) and damned if we don't (don't vote for Trump and Hillary wins).  And since I am still convinced that Trump is not 'in it to win it'....any vote for Trump of mine would be wasted anyway.

And....since we're damned either way, I'm voting for Castle.  At least I will have voted MY principles and conscience.  Let everyone else do as they please.

That's where I am, and where I've been for a while. 

Since Castle is on the ballot in Ohio, I can vote with a clear conscience and not help either despicable, corrupt leftist win.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 07:13:03 pm »
Start thinking. Clinton or Trump is going to be President. Actively working against Trump at this point is helping elect Clinton. Stop LYING TO YOURSELVES that you are doing this out of principal and accept the reality that this is a movement based wholly on childish petulance

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 07:22:57 pm »

Here we go with this crock of sh!t lie again.

Let's play your game. Right now, Nigeria, Cameroon, Niger, and Chad are all fighting against Boko Haram. The United States has the military might to put 100,000 boots on the ground and all but crush Boko Haram. We choose not to.

So, since we aren't supporting Nigeria, Cameroon, Niger and Chad like we *could be* we are "helping Boko Haram to win?"

Really?

Stop. Your logical fallacy has been exposed one too many times. Now you are just embarrassing yourself by spouting the same old crap, over and over again.

Quoting myself for @GAJohnnie 's benefit, because apparently he wants to stick with this logical fallacy.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2016, 07:56:11 pm »
Start thinking. Clinton or Trump is going to be President. Actively working against Trump at this point is helping elect Clinton. Stop LYING TO YOURSELVES that you are doing this out of principal and accept the reality that this is a movement based wholly on childish petulance

Oh, no, One Note Johnnie....... it is precisely BECAUSE we are thinking that we can't vote for Trump.

As for "childish petulance".................. your god has it in spades.  It's rather hypocritical of you to accuse others of being what your guy Trump is and that you apparently find admirable.  You should be cheering us on for our childishness since you adore that quality in Trump, don't you think?

Then again........ maybe Trump spammers don't really think at all........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2016, 08:00:05 pm »
And, in case @GAJohnnie or any of the Trumpettes still don't understand why it's a logical fallacy, let's outline in terms even a Trumpette can understand:

@Frank Cannon only drinks scotch. One year, Frank goes to his class reunion and there is only wine and beer to drink. Frank says he would *never* be caught dead drinking wine. So, therefore, he must *want* a beer? Or, is he *obligated* to drink beer? Is he *supporting* "team beer" because he refuses to drink wine OR beer?

In the same vein, bolobaby only votes for conservatives. One election year, the so-called "conservative" party decides to nominate a NY liberal shyster. bolobaby says he would *never* be caught dead voting for that two-faced charlatan who fooled the rubes in the primary. So, therefore...?

Trumpette insistence on supporting this laughable logical fallacy actually only ensures that they will never win any converts. Every time they bring it up in lieu of actually presenting REAL arguments for why Trump should be trusted only serves to demonstrate that Trumpettes truly are amazingly ignorant and not really the kind of people with whom I want to be associated. I mean - seriously - when I point out to a Trumpette the CLEAR hole in the argument... plainly show that X does not follow Y... and they insist on repeating the same dumb-arse argument over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...

Well, c'mon. Why would I *ever* hitch my wagon to such an embarrassing bunch of sycophantic parrots?
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline thackney

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2016, 08:17:36 pm »

Accept the reality that some of us have minimum standards for those that receive our vote.  Calling us and our motives childish names isn't helping anyone.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2016, 08:22:42 pm »
Accept the reality that some of us have minimum standards for those that receive our vote.  Calling us and our motives childish names isn't helping anyone.
Someone not connected to the Clinton's would be a good minimum for openers.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2016, 08:24:47 pm »

And if we don't do as you demand?  What do you intend  to do about it?

Shoot us as some of your compatriots are threatening because we will not vote the way you demand?

You people and your prince are a bigger clear and present danger to my liberties than Hillary and her ilk are.

I plan on making sure as many people write-in or vote third party in November.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2016, 09:58:31 pm »
Trump supporters, #NeverTrump, and a third group, the "Never #NeverTrump":  http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/09/13/neverhillary-nevertrump-never-nevertrump-thing-hobo-wears-bubble-beard/

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2016, 03:41:08 am »

ROTFLMO!!!
Actively working against both NT liberals does not help either one, and I really don't care at all which one gets into office - Though I would highly prefer that neither one does... Which is why I am promoting and supporting an actual Conservative in Castle.

What is petulant is to expect ACTUAL Conservatives, that stand upon Conservative principle (always have and always will) to throw those very principles (every_single_one of them, mind you) away, in order to help you elect the very things they stand against, and have always stood against... It is the height of folly, and nothing short of a childish hissy fit, when they predictably refuse to do so.

Next time, if you want the Conservative vote, nominate an actual Conservative, and we'll all be happy. But this lesser evil bullcrap ain't gonna work no more (not that it ever did).

Online DB

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2016, 04:02:36 am »
“If you won’t support Trump, you want Hillary Clinton to be elected.”

This is a deliberately misleading and false statement presented as an absolute. What any logical rational person, whether they support Trump or not, is saying is that NeverTrump is helping Hillary.

Whether or not #NeverTrump 'wants' Hillary to be elected is irrelevant and is not the point. The only single point is that #NeverTrump is helping Hillary to be elected. Willful blindness and a stubborn refusal to admit the obvious does not change the reality of the situation.

We'll simply argue, truthfully, that those who pushed Trump on us are the ones responsible for getting Hillary elected. There was only one Republican candidate with huge negatives - and that's your guy. Virtually any other candidate would beat Hillary in a landslide. Don't come around after the fact and try to claim it is anyone else's fault other than those who imposed this vile man on us in the first place. I refuse to vote for any New York liberal. Whether there's a R or D after the liberal candidate's name means zip.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2016, 11:14:05 am »
We'll simply argue, truthfully, that those who pushed Trump on us are the ones responsible for getting Hillary elected. There was only one Republican candidate with huge negatives - and that's your guy. Virtually any other candidate would beat Hillary in a landslide.

Really.  You mean one of the other 16 candidates who couldn't win the primaries would have gone on to win the general election?   :facepalm2:

Don't come around after the fact and try to claim it is anyone else's fault other than those who imposed this vile man on us in the first place.

The voters chose Donald J. Trump.  This "imposed"  :bs: is  not only stale, it shows an alarming lack of understanding on your part about how the US election system works.  I respectfully suggest you educate yourself on the subject.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2016, 02:38:46 pm »
Really.  You mean one of the other 16 candidates who couldn't win the primaries would have gone on to win the general election?   :facepalm2:

Simply put - Yes.

The voters chose Donald J. Trump.  This "imposed"  :bs: is  not only stale, it shows an alarming lack of understanding on your part about how the US election system works.  I respectfully suggest you educate yourself on the subject.

A majority of republican primary voters did not want Trump. I respectfully suggest you educate yourself on the difference between a plurality and a majority.

A minority of Trumpettes imposed their candidate on the majority of Anyone But Trump because there were too many candidates in the primary this year for too long.

Your candidate sucks, and the majority of primary voters knew it, they just couldn't decide on which alternative to pick because there were SO MANY better choices than Trump.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2016, 02:47:24 pm »

You need a new schtict! That one isn't working!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2016, 03:32:00 pm »

You keep telling us one of them will be to blame when Trump loses. Can't have it both ways. :whistle:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:32:20 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2016, 03:36:18 pm »

Yep! At a walk!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2016, 03:47:38 pm »
My two cents...

Just because....we are now in an era of lowered expectations re: presidential candidate quality....

it does not mean that we conservatives have to accept those lowered expectations or approve of it by voting for either flawed candidate.  The problems with our nation are systemic and this election fiasco is just one symptom of our national illness.  We need to change things from the inside out...and that will take resolve, commitment and a revived conservative movement.  And that will take strong conservative leaders.  Not just 'one' man or one conservative willing to fight for his beliefs. 

Considering that the current Democratic Party candidate is a Marxist, and that the current Republican Party candidate is a former Democrat, New York liberal.....neither candidate will do anything but hasten our demise as a free nation. 

If we have any hope at all to save America from imminent economic collapse, we have to change the 'minds' of voters.  The problem with that reality is.... most of the voters of today don't have minds to change.  At least, not minds of their own.  They are too easily led, distracted and swayed by hyperbole, phony campaign promises and pie-in-the-sky "hopes" that they'll get what benefits them personally the most.  Not much concern or care for the nation's well being any more. 

So there we are.  We're reached the point where the majority can 'vote in' what is in their own personal best interests.   Is it any wonder that we are now a failing nation?

No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Online DB

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2016, 08:06:37 pm »

You really do live in a cave. If either party had the courage to replace their candidate with virtually anyone they'd win in a land slide. They are both greatly disliked by the wider public. It is only a question is which will crater the most come election day. Its a horse race to the bottom...

And I know exactly how the US election system works. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck... Do you really think all those candidates were an accident? The GOPe was trying to dilute Cruz, who they hate, who was polling well in key states all to pave the way for Jeb.

My first vote was for Reagan. Trump yelled "I'll build a wall" and you came running to his dog whistle and ignored everything else. The man constantly lies to get whatever he's after. There's a very long history of it, yet you believe him...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:17:07 pm by DB »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2016, 08:43:56 pm »
You need a new schtict! That one isn't working!

Never has.

Nothing like spamming stuff that has no value to anyone or any cause.....

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2016, 11:06:24 pm »
You people keep missing the point. The NeverTrumpers (I am not one) are not saying Hillary won't be awful...she will be. The NeverTrumpers are looking at the long-term future. In their (IMHO very logical) opinion, electing Trump will so hurt the conservative brand almost permanently damaging it for a generation or two.
What is lost among the Trumpsters is that the fight is not just keeping awful leftists like Hillary out of office, it's also educating Americans about conservatism. That is something Trump cannot do, because even his tubthumpers on talk radio like Limbaugh and Steyn concede he is not a conservative.  Reagan educated the people about the perils of Big Government. We need another educator. Trump is not that person and seems intent on expanding the role of BG. The youth of today are the most pro-socialist generation ever. Trump will do nothing to stop their infatuation with BG.
Steyn spent virtually the whole three hours today guest-hosting on Limbaugh's show talking about how awful is  Hillary. Gee whiz Mark, really?? Like we didn't know what leftist trash she is.
But Trump has already reversed course or established his liberal view on certain key issues. Apparently, the Trumpsters believe no damage at all will be done by a Trump presidency to the country or conservatism. NeverTrumpers think otherwise. And they have a lot of weight behind their belief.