Author Topic: Tent Cities Full Of Homeless People Are Booming In Cities All Over America As Poverty Spikes  (Read 574 times)

Offline unknown

Tent Cities Full Of Homeless People Are Booming In Cities All Over America As Poverty Spikes

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-12/tent-cities-full-homeless-people-are-booming-cities-all-over-america-poverty-spikes

Tyler Durden
Sep 13, 2016

Just like during the last economic crisis, homeless encampments are popping up all over the nation as poverty grows at a very alarming rate.  According to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, more than half a million people are homeless in America right now, but that figure is increasing by the day.  And it isn’t just adults that we are talking about.  It has been reported that that the number of homeless children in this country has risen by 60 percent since the last recession, and Poverty USA says that a total of 1.6 million children slept either in a homeless shelter or in some other form of emergency housing at some point last year.  Yes, the stock market may have been experiencing a temporary boom for the last couple of years, but for those on the low end of the economic scale things have just continued to deteriorate.

But of course it isn’t just Portland that is experiencing this.  The following list of major tent cities that have become so well-known and established that they have been given names comes from Wikipedia…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tent_cities_in_the_United_States

◦Camp Hope, Las Cruces, New Mexico [1]
◦Camp Quixote, Olympia, Washington State[2]
◦Camp Take Notice, Ann Arbor, Michigan[3]
◦Dignity Village, Portland, Oregon
◦Opportunity Village, Eugene, Oregon
◦Maricopa County Sheriff’s Tent City, Phoenix, Arizona
◦New Jack City and Little Tijuana, Fresno, California[2]
◦Nickelsville, located in Seattle[2][4]
◦Right 2 Dream Too, Portland, Oregon[5]
◦River Haven,[6] Ventura County, California[7][8]
◦Safe Ground, Sacramento, California[2]
◦The Jungle, San Jose, California[2]
◦Temporary Homeless Service Area (THSA), Ontario, California[2]
◦Tent City (100+ residents) of Lakewood, New Jersey[9][10]
◦Tent City, Avenue A and 13th Street, Lubbock, Texas[11]
◦Tent City, New Jersey forest[12]
◦Tent City, Bernalillo County, New Mexico[13]
◦Tent City, banks of the American River, Sacramento, California[14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22]
◦Tent City 3, Seattle
◦Tent City, Chicago, Illinois [1]
◦Tent City 4, eastern King County outside of Seattle
◦The Point, where the Gunnison River and Colorado River meet[23]
◦The Village of Hope and Community of Hope, Fresno, California[2]
◦Transition Park, Camden, New Jersey
◦Tent City, Fayette County, Tennessee, [2]
◦Camp Unity Eastside, Woodinville, WA [3]
◦China Hat Road, Bend, Oregon

As this new economic downturn continues to accelerate, our homelessness boom is going to spiral out of control.  Pretty soon, there will be tent cities in virtually every community in America.

In fact, there are people that are living comfortable middle class lifestyles right at this moment that will end up in tents.  We saw this during the last economic crisis, and it will be even worse as this next one unfolds.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

As this new economic downturn continues to accelerate, our homelessness boom is going to spiral out of control.  Pretty soon, there will be tent cities in virtually every community in America.

In fact, there are people that are living comfortable middle class lifestyles right at this moment that will end up in tents.  We saw this during the last economic crisis, and it will be even worse as this next one unfolds.

Don’t look down on those that are living in tents, because the truth is that many “middle class Americans” will ultimately end up joining them.

Obama and Hillary fundamentally transforms America.

Go Hillary Go!!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 05:06:25 pm by unknown »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Frank Cannon

Free camping! That's awesome! I dropped 80 bucks a night this weekend at a campground. Does anyone know if these places have water and sewer hook up for a fifth wheel?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
In the case of Ann Arbor, those liberal morons have done everything they can to encourage homeless to come to their utopian society only to start screaming for money when the homeless did arrive.

They've also wildly mismanaged the money they have gotten. Spending millions on a homeless center that has more employees than actual homeless. The center only has something like 10 beds and they say they don't want them sleeping on floors like animals so they turn them away so they can sleep outside like animals.