Author Topic: Clinton quietly powers through illness — it’s what women do  (Read 1601 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton quietly powers through illness — it’s what women do
« on: September 13, 2016, 04:36:31 pm »
Nicole Brodeur / Columnist

Originally published September 12, 2016 at 6:27 pm Updated September 12, 2016 at 9:38 pm

In a high-stress election, Hillary Clinton gets pneumonia and stays silent. It could have been an opportunity for transparency, and to show her humanity.
Share story

What, now Hillary Clinton can’t even get sick?

The presidential candidate stumbled to her car after visiting the 9/11 Memorial on Sunday, saying she felt “overheated.”

In the process, she set conservative speculation ablaze.

more
http://www.seattletimes.com/life/clinton-quietly-powers-through-illness-its-what-women-do/

:3:

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Clinton quietly powers through illness — it’s what women do
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 04:44:50 pm »
Nicole Brodeur / Columnist

Originally published September 12, 2016 at 6:27 pm Updated September 12, 2016 at 9:38 pm

In a high-stress election, Hillary Clinton gets pneumonia and stays silent. It could have been an opportunity for transparency, and to show her humanity.
Share story

What, now Hillary Clinton can’t even get sick?

The presidential candidate stumbled to her car after visiting the 9/11 Memorial on Sunday, saying she felt “overheated.”

In the process, she set conservative speculation ablaze.

more
http://www.seattletimes.com/life/clinton-quietly-powers-through-illness-its-what-women-do/

:3:

Apparently, the author believes that men always whine and complain when they get sick, and that only women "power through" illness.  Funny, but I don't recall hearing anything of the sort from any of the GOP Presidential candidates, though I sincerely doubt that they were all perfectly healthy throughout their campaigns.

Anyway, the author ignores the history of this.  Not only is there a documented record of her passing our while performing official duties, and then lying to/misleading the public about the severity, but she also used the excuse of mental incompetency due to illness when asked by the FBI why she failed to do things she was required to do.  By making such excuses in official proceedings, she put her health at issue.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 04:47:18 pm »
Apparently, the author believes that men always whine and complain when they get sick, and that only women "power through" illness. 

I was about to say, I came down with the flu on Sunday (beat when I planned on getting a flu shot by a week) and I've been working through it, fever, hacking up my lungs, the whole package.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 06:36:02 pm »
I was about to say, I came down with the flu on Sunday (beat when I planned on getting a flu shot by a week) and I've been working through it, fever, hacking up my lungs, the whole package.
If you can't call in then you have to crawl in.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 06:48:08 pm »

Doncha just love sexist stereotypes?

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 06:52:00 pm »
Lipstick, pig, etc

Hilarious, Nicole.

Offline kidd

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 07:01:14 pm »
Heard this from a listener on the Howie Carr show yesterday:

"Hillary is now shovel-ready"

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 02:26:06 am »
Apparently, the author believes that men always whine and complain when they get sick, and that only women "power through" illness.
It's a meme that is popular among women, especially mothers. They seem to think the mom is a superwoman and the man is a whiny little peon.

I'll tell you this much: when I was in school if I ever had to take a sick day, it was one day and I was back the next day, and I'd keep working pretty much unaffected most of the time; I almost never complained about being sick. These girls would take two, three, four days to get better. Now, that's just my immune system — and one of the reasons why I deeply resent Obamacare — but it just goes to show how much bullpucky there is belittling men out there.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:26:50 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 03:20:33 am »

They are gonna need a bigger box.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 03:46:54 am »
If you can't call in then you have to crawl in.

My employment offers no sick time and there is usually no one to cover anyway.  I have worked through many illnesses including having to go to the ER and get IV fluids so I can continue my day.  At no time have I made a dramatic exit from anything, or passed out and had to be thrown into a waiting van.  She "powered" through nothing, and had an line of waiting assistants to wipe her nose, hold her up, lift her into the airconditioned van and take her to daughters apartment.  She is totally pampered and protected.  Give me a break.
God is still in control

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 03:56:08 am »
I heard on CNN today, Clinton will be back on the trail Thursday.  There is no way she has pneumonia and will be well on Thursday.  No one gets rid of pneumonia that fast.  Due to this news, I do not think she has pneumonia.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 04:16:43 am »
Hitlery was talking and socializing just fine before she felt an episode coming on at the 911 event.

She was propped up and was held in place. She looked rigid and ataxic as she was walked with support to the van. I think it was yet another neurological episode of some sort.

She also sounded fine when talking to CNN the next evening- no congestion or cough.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 04:33:51 am »
They are gonna need a bigger box.
Nah, just bag the hag! Bill is so cheap the only words he'll want to hear from the undertaker is paper or plastic.
Oh, and here is a video of the doorway to her final resting place :tongue2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_toNHvH1eus
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 04:34:46 am by GtHawk »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 04:44:09 am »
I heard on CNN today, Clinton will be back on the trail Thursday.  There is no way she has pneumonia and will be well on Thursday.  No one gets rid of pneumonia that fast.  Due to this news, I do not think she has pneumonia.
It took me a long time to get over pneumonia, so much so that six months later I was being treated for it again, it took me months to get over the coughing and hacking. I think the hag is about ready for her toe tag.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 04:53:15 am »

Now that there is funny.

BTW who cares what this writer has to say about squat. I perused her past stories. She is a radical Feminazi, Hitlary sychophant and all around dim bulb masquerading as an intellectual. Here is some of her deep thinking....

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/we-need-to-celebrate-hillary-clintons-moment-then-let-her-get-back-to-work/

Offline raml

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 05:23:33 am »
I had bacterial pneumonia but my problem was catching my breath it was like an asthma attack I have seen my brother have. The coughing didn't come till I had antibiotics and other medication to break the congestion up. Her coughing was not from pneumonia not the coughing I saw her do besides it was before she had any medicine that would cause her to hack up the congestion. I could not walk far without having trouble breathing. I could have never gone out to the 911 ceremony even for awhile. I was young and strong and got over it quickly but while I had it my mom came to stay with me or the doctor said I would have to be hospitalized. I had a sister who was a nurse who came over daily and gave me a shot that was another reason my doctor left me at home. She is a sick woman but it is something more than pneumonia she may or may not have that but she has something wrong with her.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 02:10:31 pm »

Depends on the type and severity of pneumonia.  Some people cough and have a fever but otherwise can function, others are flat on their back.  Its possible she had pneumonia and is feeling better now.
God is still in control

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 04:17:52 pm »
If this were a western we'd figure she was a "lunger".
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 05:05:18 pm »
If this were a western we'd figure she was a "lunger".
"gut shot" takes longer to die.  😁