Author Topic: Ten Tips for Getting NeverTrumpers on the Trump Train  (Read 13415 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Ten Tips for Getting NeverTrumpers on the Trump Train
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2016, 01:08:39 am »
Ok, you want me to modify it, I will....

Do what you want.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2016, 01:08:45 am »
Well where else can you take an owner to task without getting banned?.......I pray all the time that TBR survives this election but it is up to the members.

There is that.

Personally, I have no problem with how this place is "moderated". As for the "flamers"...quite posting to them.

Don't feed the trolls.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline unknown

« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2016, 01:09:36 am »

@Norm Lenhart

Signature is changed. It was difficult to do it quickly and still make it rhyme. So I may change it slightly to make it sound better.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2016, 01:13:43 am »
@Norm Lenhart

Signature is changed. It was difficult to do it quickly and still make it rhyme. So I may change it slightly to make it sound better.

Thanks that was a nice first step.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline unknown

« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2016, 01:21:11 am »
Thanks that was a nice first step.

Yea,

BEST ELECTION YEAR - EVER!!

I gotta find a meme for that.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Fantom

« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2016, 01:54:33 am »
LMAO..Good to know..I'll remember that!

Not sure he "caught" the subtlety in that. Perhaps a Bwhaaaa.. Ha  Ha was in order.  :smokin:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2016, 02:23:44 am »
Night Hides Not says, "until Trump exorcises the petulant 9 YO boy trapped inside him, "

That petulant 9 YO boy is not trapped inside of him... the little fellow gets out every day and makes a fool out of himself.

@Night Hides Not
@Emjay

Trumpsters seem to love that 9 YO petulant little boy. If he exorcized him, he'd lose their support.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2016, 02:58:46 am »

geronl

« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2016, 03:18:50 am »
I get the same complaints from the other side...derogatory names of Trump

Trump is not a member of TBR, he is fair game for name-calling

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2016, 06:05:02 am »
Never Trumpers ---> :chairbang:
I notice they don't mention Castle. Holy crap! If the word got out there is a party which bases its platform on the Constitution, they'd never get the nevertrumpers herded back onto the plantation. (Ain't happening with this one, that's for sure.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2016, 06:12:36 am »
No. I am persuadable. A bottle of scotch will do, but no blended garbage. If I'm selling out I want single malt.
A bottle? C'mon Frank, don't be so cheap. Hold out for a couple of cases, at least... 0005
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:14:23 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2016, 06:13:38 am »
All the things that trumpers admired in Trump are being given up and lots of liberal stuff added.  This is a quote from an article on Red State:  So he’s for touchback amnesty, single-payer healthcare, a childcare plan that is nothing more than expanded entitlements (an add-in from his daughter), a tariff on imports, is against fracking, and now wants to reconsider global warming.

Sounds like the perfect candidate.

So if the trumpers want to attract the nevertrumpers, maybe they can explain some of the above Trump programs.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2016, 06:16:39 am »
All the things that trumpers admired in Trump are being given up and lots of liberal stuff added.  This is a quote from an article on Red State:  So he’s for touchback amnesty, single-payer healthcare, a childcare plan that is nothing more than expanded entitlements (an add-in from his daughter), a tariff on imports, is against fracking, and now wants to reconsider global warming.

So if the trumpers want to attract the nevertrumpers, maybe they can explain some of the above Trump programs.
If he's against fracking, well, that's just another deal breaker all by itself. It shows he doesn't want us independent of the Saudis (Has he been playing 'Let's Make A Deal' with his saudi buddies again?)

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2016, 06:31:28 am »
A bottle? C'mon Frank, don't be so cheap. Hold out for a couple of cases, at least... 0005

I always have a bad habit of setting my sights too low. Thanks for the advice.

Ok #Alwaystrumpkins.....my new opening bid is a couple of CASES of real scotch......and a half decent Delmonico steak. Maybe Donny has a few leftover in his freezer from his failed meat venture with the gadget company.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2016, 06:36:45 am »
Trump is not a member of TBR, he is fair game for name-calling

Actually he is. I don't want to out his handle here, but you can tell it's him by the heavy usage of incorrect words and wild  misspellings.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2016, 12:01:22 pm »
Not surprising at all.

I would bet it matches Mechanicos' addy as well.

Democrat activists and tools for the Establishment oligarchy often employ multiple handles on various fora to create the illusion there are more of them than anyone else - and it's just one paid spam artist in his mom's basement playing the part of 30 people on 10 forums.
It's just an internet version of the Delphi Technique. They often post back and forth between those persona to create the illusion of a majority or a consensus as well.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2016, 12:18:34 pm »
It's just an internet version of the Delphi Technique. They often post back and forth between those persona to create the illusion of a majority or a consensus as well.

Yup. I saw it at TOS plenty of times.

People who hadn't posted for years would pop up to post some pro progressive BS and within minutes others who hadn't posted for months or years would pop up to agree.

I don't remember the name but one in particular used to pimp the national popular vote. I got curious and googled the first sentence and found the exact same word for word post (entire paragraphs) in over 140 different places online with many of the exact same responses.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2016, 12:22:47 pm »
The never trumpers will never get on the trump train.  Than implies enthusiastic support of trump.  If he can hold it together an act like an adult, stop the insults and stay the heck off twitter, he has a chance.  I'm not a never trumper, unless he really does something horrible I will vote for him against Hillary. But I will never be on the trump train.  The best they can hope for is a reluctant vote.  The trump train has left the station. The rest of us have no desire to board. Some of us may vote for him but that's as far as it goes.
Mom MD, with all due respect, Trump did something horrible. He viciously attacked another candidate's family, all beginning with his outrage over an unconnected PAC ad run by an outfit which was in the tank for Rubio. When he was told Cruz' campaign had nothing to do with it, (and it was a GQ cover image that I am sure Trump knew about), instead of apologizing to Cruz or his wife, he doubled down on the attack and called Cruz a liar (again, more, still). Those attacks continued to escalate when the premise for the initial attack was just plain wrong.

Now, I supported Cruz (full disclosure, there), and thought that was just plain wrong, but there is a deeper, darker side to that sort of behaviour.

I wrote about in one of my earlier posts on this forum, but to summarize, if the offending action was taken by a country against the US, would Trump 'retaliate' without finding out the facts? Would he then redouble those attacks, despite being shown they were unwarranted (against the wrong country)? Would he continue and escalate what amounted to an unjust war?  This is about more than the attempts to publicly humiliate one man and his family, it is about the lives or our citizens, our troops, the expenditure of treasure, and the credibility of the United States.

The whole incident with the Liz Mair Make America Awesome PAC ad indicated to me a disqualifying character flaw on the part of Mr. Trump. One would hope, if he is elected, that his advisors and generals would be able to dissuade him, but he has since stated he knows more than the generals, and has shown either a poor track record for taking advice or a poor selection of advisors. If he isn't elected, we get stuck with a woman (maybe, if she lives long enough) who sat by while four Americans were killed in Libya, but who had no authority to either give the go ahead for any military action (not in the chain of command), nor the authority to stop one (same reason). She may, ultimately, have orchestrated the situation that got out of hand there, but she had no authority to order the fix, or to order a stand down of rescue/relief forces.

YMMV, and by all means, vote your conscience, That's just my $0.02.

Needless to say, I can't vote for  her either, and will cast my ballot for Castle and the Constitution Party.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2016, 12:32:50 pm »
Mom MD, with all due respect, Trump did something horrible. He viciously attacked another candidate's family, all beginning with his outrage over an unconnected PAC ad run by an outfit which was in the tank for Rubio. When he was told Cruz' campaign had nothing to do with it, (and it was a GQ cover image that I am sure Trump knew about), instead of apologizing to Cruz or his wife, he doubled down on the attack and called Cruz a liar (again, more, still). Those attacks continued to escalate when the premise for the initial attack was just plain wrong.

Now, I supported Cruz (full disclosure, there), and thought that was just plain wrong, but there is a deeper, darker side to that sort of behaviour.

I wrote about in one of my earlier posts on this forum, but to summarize, if the offending action was taken by a country against the US, would Trump 'retaliate' without finding out the facts? Would he then redouble those attacks, despite being shown they were unwarranted (against the wrong country)? Would he continue and escalate what amounted to an unjust war?  This is about more than the attempts to publicly humiliate one man and his family, it is about the lives or our citizens, our troops, the expenditure of treasure, and the credibility of the United States.

The whole incident with the Liz Mair Make America Awesome PAC ad indicated to me a disqualifying character flaw on the part of Mr. Trump. One would hope, if he is elected, that his advisors and generals would be able to dissuade him, but he has since stated he knows more than the generals, and has shown either a poor track record for taking advice or a poor selection of advisors. If he isn't elected, we get stuck with a woman (maybe, if she lives long enough) who sat by while four Americans were killed in Libya, but who had no authority to either give the go ahead for any military action (not in the chain of command), nor the authority to stop one (same reason). She may, ultimately, have orchestrated the situation that got out of hand there, but she had no authority to order the fix, or to order a stand down of rescue/relief forces.

This whole election has been a display of cultural degeneracy. Jerry Springer should have run for president with Ricki Lake as his running mate. It would have been about on par with Trump.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2016, 01:17:21 pm »
Don't forget TomSea.......... they're all one and the same, and spamming the same garbage.

I agree with Norm.  I think a person should be suspended if they continue to accuse us of supporting Hillary when NONE of us does.

That kind of leftist lying really has to stop.

ENTIRELY.
It's tedious. I agree, but it won't just go away. Leftists just keep telling the same lies over and over. It's how they roll. It comes to them as naturally as breathing, or lower GI functions, although the latter might be seriously impaired. At least here, in open forum, we can address those lies (yes, over and over again). On other fora, we are not even allowed to do that without getting banned.

This site might not have the readership some of the others do (I don't know, I would hope we develop that), but at least when they bring this garbage up, we can refute it here. 
That's worth a lot, and may make this one of the real shining beacons of truth on the Internet. 
I'd rather be right than one of the 'popular' crowd, if it comes down to a choice.

Being popular and wrong means you are just one more voice in a chorus of mass delusion.

It is a pain in the rear to feel the need to incessantly refute their nonsense to keep it from going unchallenged. It's tedious, but has to be done to not give the illusion of tacit approval. I may just go back through my posts and create a word file of stock replies to their stock lies so I can copy and paste the rebuttal to their canned bullsh*t with a minimum of effort. I recommend others do the same. One from column A, one from column B, with two they get eggroll, just like the family menu...Maybe even a thread of responses to the most popular of the fallacies, logical contortions, and nonsense, just give them a link and a post number for reference so any new visitors or members could look it up quickly, and we'd save ourselves the wear and tear on our carpal tunnels.

They haven't been all that creative, really, mostly it boils down to 'we should support the great combover because he isn't cankles', or the world will end if someone else gets elected, or he will "Make America Great Again" (America is already "Great", imho, he didn't make it that way, and it would be even greater if those of his ilk (socially Liberal totalitarians including Cankles) would STFU and let statesmen run the government.) and a bunch of ridiculous JV name-calling.

The other recurring theme is that apparent delusion that if they just keep up the browbeating and the abuse, somehow we'll have an orange epiphany (I know, that sounds line a cocktail) and fall in line with their folly.

Nope, no thanks, and I can handle it.

I have been the one person in the room who was right before (at least here I am in good company), and the skepticism and hostility of others did not change that fact. (No matter what they said or how they acted, I was still right.)

The only thing which would have been worse than sticking to my guns--as tough as that was-- would have been to have been right and backed off that position instead of standing my ground.

When I was proven right, to have been right and backed away would have been far worse than just being wrong to begin with along with everyone else (the situation cost the Company whose higher-ups who overruled me (a mere consultant) a few million dollars and a good oil well).

Now, I don't claim to have all the answers, in fact the more I learn, the less I know. The more I look at Trump, the more I see I don't like, the more character flaws are revealed, the more questions are raised about him, his behaviour, and his connections and associations and their behaviour, his past and even his present. The answers do not instill faith, especially as some of the ones which should be carved in stone are highly changeable.

But surely as the sun rises in the East, the Trump supporters will be back, with the same tedious spew, pushing the same lines of crud. We can handle it, despite the aggravation.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2016, 01:20:27 pm »
Might I suggest using your nightstick officer?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2016, 01:29:16 pm »
Actually he is. I don't want to out his handle here, but you can tell it's him by the heavy usage of incorrect words and wild  misspellings.
Are you absolutely certified that wasn't his Leo Gorcy intimation?

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2016, 01:33:57 pm »
This whole election has been a display of cultural degeneracy. Jerry Springer should have run for president with Ricki Lake as his running mate. It would have been about on par with Trump.
Yeah, the Dems could have had a different plus sized candidate--Oprah, maybe pardon 'Miss Cleo' for veep... **nononono*

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2016, 02:02:30 pm »

All of Trump's positions are subject to change....everything. He admitted that he doesn't care about conservatism. And even one of his strongest backers, Rush Limbaugh, says he's not a conservative. What does that make him?...an opportunist.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2016, 03:57:53 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

I am with Norm on this. Maybe a "little bit" more tightening up is needed.
From the guy who isn't going to be here in a couple months. Leave this to the folks that are in for the long haul.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour