Author Topic: Ten Tips for Getting NeverTrumpers on the Trump Train  (Read 13422 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Ten Tips for Getting NeverTrumpers on the Trump Train
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2016, 12:05:54 am »
There is no tip that will work on this #NeverTrumper.

Or this one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2016, 12:06:42 am »
Having Myst put 'an end to it' is not going to happen when R4 and half her staff are on board the Trump train.

It is enough that she has had to dance around keeping the doors open for us to remain here despite the rants, the insults and the requests from the other owner no less, for all of us to 'grow up and support Trump' or get out and leave.

Allowing us to fight it out without having threads pulled or shut down is about all we can ask for.

They have been shut down. And we get 'asked' to stop. We can't even defend ourselves to a definitive end.

So lets get a straight up answer one way or another. Either way is fine with me.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2016, 12:08:04 am »
That really has nothing to do with him/her/it constantly calling us supporters of a woman that left 4 men to die. You ask us constantly to back off. How about TELLING that 'person' to knock it the hell off and make it stick? Is that so much to ask?

If you don't want to, or cant because your other half won't allow it, as I say. Tell us so we can make a decision. Or we could lower ourselves and just ignore you like IT does, every day, though I tend to think most actual conservatives would walk away instead of acting like a liberal.

It's nothing personal.

Wow that sounds personal and even a threat.

When he says these things to you file a post report and we will act..we see and answer all reports..if none are filed we feel that person wasn't offended and we butt out..or we are accused of heavy handed modding..sometimes it's a no win.

Yes..I have handed out suspensions and timeouts and I am not afraid to do it to those who deserve it...just did one the other day.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2016, 12:10:38 am »
Wow that sounds personal and even a threat.

When he says these things to you file a post report and we will act..we see and answer all reports..if none are filed we feel that person wasn't offended and we butt out..or we are accused of heavy handed modding..sometimes it's a no win.

Yes..I have handed out suspensions and timeouts and I am not afraid to do it to those who deserve it...just did one the other day.

No threat intended. And nothing personal. If you want to run your site as you like, you should. But it would be nice to have an answer.

We have had email discussions Myst. You know very well where I am coming from and that no threat is implied or intended. If you forgot, you should reread those emails.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2016, 12:15:12 am »
No threat intended. And nothing personal. If you want to run your site as you like, you should. But it would be nice to have an answer.

We have had email discussions Myst. You know very well where I am coming from and that no threat is implied or intended. If you forgot, you should reread those emails.

What exactly do you want Norm, I'm a very obliging person.....but I can't grant every wish.

TBR allows all to speak here as freely as possible and I do not ban a person for his political opinion...but you know all this..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

HonestJohn

« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2016, 12:16:55 am »

This is what happens to people who put their faith in farting four-legged animals.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2016, 12:20:23 am »
What exactly do you want Norm, I'm a very obliging person.....but I can't grant every wish.

TBR allows all to speak here as freely as possible and I do not ban a person for his political opinion...but you know all this..

It's not about me. It's about all of us Myst. Do you think it's right that most of your readers should have to be accused of supporting hillary across multiple threads a day? Do you think it's right that the person directly involved in this suddenly disappeared from the discussion and you and I sit here at cross purposes while they simply move on to another thread sowing more crap and causing more flamewars?

I want what I always wanted. To be able to discuss conservative issues on a conservative forum with fellow conservatives without someone caught cold in multiple lies getting the benefit of the doubt while you and I argue about it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2016, 12:27:16 am »
It's not about me. It's about all of us Myst. Do you think it's right that most of your readers should have to be accused of supporting hillary across multiple threads a day? Do you think it's right that the person directly involved in this suddenly disappeared from the discussion and you and I sit here at cross purposes while they simply move on to another thread sowing more crap and causing more flamewars?

I want what I always wanted. To be able to discuss conservative issues on a conservative forum with fellow conservatives without someone caught cold in multiple lies getting the benefit of the doubt while you and I argue about it.

Then I guess he got what he wanted...you arguing with me.

I know you will hate this but I try to protect all my members here..at least until they piss me off or take advantage of my hospitality.

I may not agree with what they say...and believe me I don't, but I want an open forum and if you feel insulted file a report and I will deal with it.

RR is up there in the banner for one reason..his Big Tent philosophy....and that is what we want here.
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2016, 12:28:09 am »
A+ Bert, A Lert and now    Ta da!  Unknown!

Don't forget TomSea.......... they're all one and the same, and spamming the same garbage.

I agree with Norm.  I think a person should be suspended if they continue to accuse us of supporting Hillary when NONE of us does.

That kind of leftist lying really has to stop.

ENTIRELY.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2016, 12:38:09 am »
Then I guess he got what he wanted...you arguing with me.

I know you will hate this but I try to protect all my members here..at least until they piss me off or take advantage of my hospitality.

I may not agree with what they say...and believe me I don't, but I want an open forum and if you feel insulted file a report and I will deal with it.

RR is up there in the banner for one reason..his Big Tent philosophy....and that is what we want here.

Myst, aside from the fact that many of us have complained about it already after you asked the last time, your Mod spazzed out and your other half did whatever that occurance was, he/she/it/they continue on regardless. I'm more than happy to deal with liars like that on my own without intervention. I know the truth and facts are on our side. But the last time a called a spade a spade, I was 'asked' to not use that accurate and factually correct term, 'liar' nor 'The Gang of 5ish,' term, and the Gang of 5ish went right on to this very day doing the VERY same thing. Lying openly about myself and people on the NeverTrump side being Hillary supporters. Words mean things. It wasn't dealt with as it never has stopped.

You read these threads. You see it happen.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:39:24 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2016, 12:39:28 am »
And this my friends is why you find me less and less posting on the political thread. I have family, friends, and co-workers who are voting for Trump and they know I will vote my conscience seeing Trump as a phony opportunist, who has no clear grasp on how to win an election much less the state of the Nation and who is capable of making important decisions with eyes wide shut. - very dangerous.   But we have civil debates without calling each other names or making horrible accusations, like a few here get away with, protected by the anonymity of a forum name that they seem to change when they chock up enough warnings.     

Whatever arises out of the ashes of the 2016 Presidential race, I pray what survives gives birth to legitimate conservatism, and that this forum that I have enjoyed since having a rescue line thrown to me when I was on TOS remains a civil place not turneing into what I detest about the other sight.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2016, 12:43:37 am »
This is what happens to people who put their faith in farting four-legged animals.

ROTFLMAO!!! The single shoe, forlorn upon the floor - makes the whole thing for me.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2016, 12:46:05 am »
Don't forget TomSea.......... they're all one and the same, and spamming the same garbage.

I agree with Norm.  I think a person should be suspended if they continue to accuse us of supporting Hillary when NONE of us does.

That kind of leftist lying really has to stop.

ENTIRELY.

There are more than that and we know who they are.  We can deal with them in the places we are allowed but their little sanctuary is theirs alone!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2016, 12:48:29 am »
Myst, aside from the fact that many of us have complained about it already after you asked the last time, your Mod spazzed out and your other half did whatever that occurance was, he/she/it/they continue on regardless. I'm more than happy to deal with liars like that on my own without intervention. I know the truth and facts are on our side. But the last time a called a spade a spade, I was 'asked' to not use that accurate and factually correct term, 'liar' nor 'The Gang of 5ish,' term, and the Gang of 5ish went right on to this very day doing the VERY same thing. Lying openly about myself and people on the NeverTrump side being Hillary supporters. Words mean things. It wasn't dealt with as it never has stopped.

You read these threads. You see it happen.

I get the same complaints from the other side...derogatory names of Trump, tasteless cartoons, hurtful name calling [gang of eight haters]....it goes both ways....and I and the MODS are the referees.

You want me to start suspending more I will but I will have to do it to both sides...You are asking me to split this baby.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2016, 12:51:22 am »
And this my friends is why you find me less and less posting on the political thread. I have family, friends, and co-workers who are voting for Trump and they know I will vote my conscience seeing Trump as a phony opportunist, who has no clear grasp on how to win an election much less the state of the Nation and who is capable of making important decisions with eyes wide shut. - very dangerous.   But we have civil debates without calling each other names or making horrible accusations, like a few here get away with, protected by the anonymity of a forum name that they seem to change when they chock up enough warnings.     

Whatever arises out of the ashes of the 2016 Presidential race, I pray what survives gives birth to legitimate conservatism, and that this forum that I have enjoyed since having a rescue line thrown to me when I was on TOS remains a civil place not turneing into what I detest about the other sight.

Well where else can you take an owner to task without getting banned?.......I pray all the time that TBR survives this election but it is up to the members.
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2016, 12:53:06 am »
I get the same complaints from the other side...derogatory names of Trump, tasteless cartoons, hurtful name calling [gang of eight haters]....it goes both ways....and I and the MODS are the referees.

You want me to start suspending more I will but I will have to do it to both sides...You are asking me to split this baby.

I don't want you to suspend anyone ever except for those who blatantly and repeatedly ignore the rules here.  I won't lie and tell you that I'm on board with the Trump safe spaces though. Never have like that and never will like that!   I believe THAT is at the root of ALL of this BTW!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2016, 12:53:38 am »

You'd rather quickly find that without the Mechanicos wannabee types instigating these flamewars, they wouldn't happen nearly as often. Which should point you to the cause of the problem and where you should place actual blame.

But if you gotta start banning, by all means. Myself included. Fair is fair. I support that 100%.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2016, 12:55:50 am »
I don't want you to suspend anyone ever except for those who blatantly and repeatedly ignore the rules here.  I won't lie and tell you that I'm on board with the Trump safe spaces though. Never have like that and never will like that!   I believe THAT is at the root of ALL of this BTW!

I never liked it or wanted it..it was a bargain I made and I will leave it at that.
Support the USO

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2016, 12:56:33 am »
meh.
This argument is pointless.
Trolls gonna troll.
It's a forum. It happens.
Whining about it as much as the other side only makes more whiners.
Needing more safe places only makes more snowflakes.

@mystery-ak , you are doing just fine. Stay the course. You are right.

All this fit-pitching just wrecked this thread.  **nononono*

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2016, 12:58:05 am »
I never liked it or wanted it..it was a bargain I made and I will leave it at that.

I know! Sorry I brought it up again but it just sticks in my craw!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline unknown

« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2016, 01:00:30 am »
You'd rather quickly find that without the Mechanicos wannabee types instigating these flamewars, they wouldn't happen nearly as often. Which should point you to the cause of the problem and where you should place actual blame.

But if you gotta start banning, by all means. Myself included. Fair is fair. I support that 100%.

@Norm Lenhart

I am with Norm on this. Maybe a "little bit" more tightening up is needed.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:01:27 am by unknown »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2016, 01:03:20 am »
@Norm Lenhart

LMAO..Good to know..I'll remember that!
Support the USO

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2016, 01:04:27 am »
@Norm Lenhart

"And, I don't want to hang around with all the nitpicking pansy NeverTrumpers hanging on every speck in his eye."

You don't say...

Offline unknown

« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2016, 01:04:29 am »
LMAO..Good to know..I'll remember that!

LOL - Yea, Norm and I agree!

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2016, 01:06:01 am »
"And, I don't want to hang around with all the nitpicking pansy NeverTrumpers hanging on every speck in his eye."

You don't say...

Ok, you want me to modify it, I will....