Author Topic: Hillary Clinton could cost the Democrats the Senate  (Read 632 times)

Offline unknown

Hillary Clinton could cost the Democrats the Senate
« on: September 14, 2016, 04:17:40 am »

Hillary Clinton could cost the Democrats the Senate

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/09/13/hillary-clinton-could-cost-the-democrats-the-senate/

Ed Rogers
September 13

It’s still early, but at this point in the 2016 campaign, it’s not unreasonable to think that Hillary Clinton could cost the Democrats the Senate. Her campaign is not building any sort of wave or momentum that is producing a downdraft that could deliver the Senate majority to the Democrats. By most measures, the Democrats should retake the Senate in 2016. Republicans are defending 24 Senate seats, and the Democrats are defending only 10. Despite having a generally weak bench, the Democrats have done a pretty good job at candidate recruitment. But Clinton’s lackluster, dull and uninspiring campaign, not to mention the fact that Democratic candidates cannot vouch for her honesty, is depriving them of their chance. It’s not just a reading of the tea leaves — credible polling reveals that Republicans are in good shape in most of the Senate campaigns across the country as we head into the final 55 days of the campaign. As The Post’s Amber Phillips points out, based on recent NBC/Wall Street Journal/Marist polling, the Republican candidate for Senate is up by 19 points in Arizona, 15 points in Georgia, eight points in New Hampshire and two points in Nevada.

Team Hillary is bogged down by a candidate who has pneumonia and who committed the unforced error of ..

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Hillary Clinton could cost the Democrats the Senate
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 05:13:40 am »
Some background on Ed Rogers: He hates Trump.

Crazy vs. Crooked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/09/08/crazy-vs-crooked/?utm_term=.5ec1ac2042e0

Whenever it really matters, it seems, Donald Trump manages to just barely clear the bar. From his press conference with President Enrique Peña Nieto in Mexico to his appearance last night on NBC’s Commander-in-Chief forum, Trump has been passable.  Of course, a lot of what Trump said last night on national security was wrong and off-key, but he is so often wrong and off-key that the impact of any one misstatement or wacky observation is diminished when you consider the deluge of errors, “non-facts” and deceit coming from his campaign. Hillary Clinton, of course, did fine. But her performance was stiff, halting and pedantic — and at times seemed a little rehearsed and defensive.