Author Topic: Neocons created the alt-right [OPINION]  (Read 1796 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Neocons created the alt-right [OPINION]
« on: September 13, 2016, 03:40:58 pm »
Neocons created the alt-right [OPINION]

The “alt-right” has become the new face of extremism in America, and according to Hillary Clinton’s conspiracy-filled speech on Thursday, the group of internet trolls have co-opted the presidential election with the assistance of Vladimir Putin to aid white nationalists around the world.

It’s almost mind-boggling that Clinton dedicated an entire speech to an unorganized group of bloggers, writers, and Twitter trolls who have spent months mostly mocking neocons.

Alt-righters haven’t built a political operation, fielded candidates, or constructed a coherent governing philosophy, and frankly, they have received more attention than they deserve. They are a reaction to the death of intellectual conservatism and neocon dominance of the GOP and “Conservative Inc.”

After several decades in the wilderness, Richard Nixon and later on Ronald Reagan, were able to build a winning coalition with some conservative positions and several coalitions within the GOP including evangelicals, northeastern businessmen, and anti-Communist neocons.

Read more at http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/08/29/neocons-created-alt-right-opinion/#QUGsWwLCyhg6VDUm.99
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 03:41:48 pm by TomSea »

Offline endicom

Re: Neocons created the alt-right [OPINION]
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 03:54:03 pm »
Pretty good except that 'neocon' is itself ill-defined. But then, so is 'conservative.'

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 04:02:18 pm »
I do find it funny when Milo and Ann Coulter were using the term 'alt-Right' going around to colleges as their form of 'rebellion' or new wave, it was a praised term people were cheering. Suddenly when it is pointed out what kind of associations are clinging to it, some look for every way to reject the term.

Let's keep it simple, the alt-Right is the anti-Liberty, authoritarian right who wants a EU styled 'right' government that is powerful and is their 'daddy' government.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 04:06:33 pm »
Alt-right as a dark force is a fabrication, just like NeverTrump.

Create a boogieman, name your opponents as members and ascribe to it every horrible attribute you can think of.

Alinksy rule 13.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 04:10:03 pm »

Create a boogieman, name your opponents as members and ascribe to it every horrible attribute you can think of.

Alinksy rule 13.

If they have their way then anyone not leftist will be labeled as alt-right.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 04:17:19 pm »

If they have their way then anyone not leftist will be labeled as alt-right.

How many times will people fall for this transparent ploy?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 04:46:06 pm »

Alinksy rule 13.

Yeah. Like "Neocon".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline r9etb

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 04:49:13 pm »
Thank you for excerpting that mound of manure.

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 04:51:35 pm »
How many times will people fall for this transparent ploy?

Beats me, I've lost count just in this forum.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 11:28:47 pm »
From reading articles from a number of alt-right websites it appears many of the writers view anybody who doesn't like an isolationist, all-white America is a "neocon." According to the alt-righters, most neocons are Jewish or Jewish influenced and only exist to promote Israel and start wars in the middle east or wherever possible to help Israel.
They usually target the people at National Review as the citadel of the neocons. Which is laughable considering NR's Jewish (or part Jewish writers i.e. Jonah Goldberg) are definitely in a small minority.
I've been a subscriber to NR for a decade or so and read the mag for many more decades. The charge that the NR people are all pro-war and stooges of Israel is belied by the fact that probably a majority of the NR writers opposed the last Iraq War.
And the magazine's writers have been relentless in their criticism of Obama, the Clintons, and liberalism in general. Most of the writers have been conservatives almost their entire adult lives.
But that doesn't stop the alt-righters of depicting NR as a slave of Israel populated by Jewish neocons.
I don't agree with anybody much less writers from a conservative magazine on all issues. I didn't like their dismissals of Marc Steyn and John Derbyshire for writing or holding unpopular opinions.  But I'll much more readily favor those awful "neocons" at NR than I will with the alt-righters at the other places.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 07:44:05 am »
Well, again, I think some are alarmists and accusatory towards others; but it's important to even state facts even in the face of those things.

Mel Brooks famously has made jokes about the Jewish influence in Hollywood. Pretty funny. Hollywood has all types; but at the same time, Hollywood has largely become out of touch with much of America and at times, even anti-Christian.

Abortion really is the deal-breaker for me, I can support Israel; that does not mean I will not note what is a very liberal voting bloc and what they do in the US.

The chair of the Democratic National Committee has told a Jewish show host that American Jews should vote for Barack Obama, because he supports abortion on demand and forcing religious employers to provide contraception coverage at no co-pay.

Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida tole Lee Lazerson of Jewish Life Television (JLTV) the president had done nothing to alienate the Jewish vote in the upcoming election.

More: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/dnc-chair-jews-should-vote-for-obama-because-he-favors-abortion-hhs-mandate

This above should be what is resented.

Now, whom wrote the Population Bomb? That is about Population Control. Paul Ehrlich.

NARAL, National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws founded by Betty Friedan and Bernard Nathanson, the latter converted to Catholicism and became pro-life.  There are even more founders.  The names do include others throughout it's long history. This dovetails with some of the big promoters of feminism as Friedan and Steinem are recognized as.

Planned Parenthood's research arm is named the Guttmacher Institute.  Dr. Guttmacher  was a famous proponent for abortion in the US.

Canada actually had an abortion doctor who was a Holocaust survivor.  Dr. Morgenthaler.

These facts may not mean anything but I don't think they are wrong to know as well. And the names are virtually endless if one brings in the politicians. I mean, we don't have stats like this for a group like Hispanics or African Americans, sure, though, minorities, inner-city minorities are aborted at a higher rate, but let's forget that.

Many people say, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Ted Kennedy have all been stalwarts for abortion and Catholics as well. One won't usually hear, "oh, someone is being anti-Catholic".

There is nothing wrong with knowing the above and more. It almost appears that some Jewish Americans did a lot to promote legal abortion and apparently, many still find it an important issue.

Play the liberal game and play the race card, this topic is too important, name-call all one wants.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:02:07 am by TomSea »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 02:23:41 pm »
Is Michael Moore Jewish?....is Hillary (Queen of the Fem-Nazis) Clinton Jewish? How about Matt Damon and many other Hollyweird libs?  Warren Buffett? Bill Gates?
Jews are only about 3% of the population. While their influence is beyond their numbers, they're still only a tiny pct. of the population. The fact is the overwhelming majority of the people who shape opinion and vote for lib/leftist policies are non-Jewish.

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 02:43:58 pm »
Well, again, I think some are alarmists and accusatory towards others; but it's important to even state facts even in the face of those things.

Mel Brooks famously has made jokes about the Jewish influence in Hollywood. Pretty funny. Hollywood has all types; but at the same time, Hollywood has largely become out of touch with much of America and at times, even anti-Christian.

Abortion really is the deal-breaker for me, I can support Israel; that does not mean I will not note what is a very liberal voting bloc and what they do in the US.

This above should be what is resented.

Now, whom wrote the Population Bomb? That is about Population Control. Paul Ehrlich.

NARAL, National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws founded by Betty Friedan and Bernard Nathanson, the latter converted to Catholicism and became pro-life.  There are even more founders.  The names do include others throughout it's long history. This dovetails with some of the big promoters of feminism as Friedan and Steinem are recognized as.

Planned Parenthood's research arm is named the Guttmacher Institute.  Dr. Guttmacher  was a famous proponent for abortion in the US.

Canada actually had an abortion doctor who was a Holocaust survivor.  Dr. Morgenthaler.

These facts may not mean anything but I don't think they are wrong to know as well. And the names are virtually endless if one brings in the politicians. I mean, we don't have stats like this for a group like Hispanics or African Americans, sure, though, minorities, inner-city minorities are aborted at a higher rate, but let's forget that.

Many people say, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Ted Kennedy have all been stalwarts for abortion and Catholics as well. One won't usually hear, "oh, someone is being anti-Catholic".

There is nothing wrong with knowing the above and more. It almost appears that some Jewish Americans did a lot to promote legal abortion and apparently, many still find it an important issue.

Play the liberal game and play the race card, this topic is too important, name-call all one wants.

@TomSea

This post of yours illustrates exactly where you're coming from with your frequent use of the term "neo-con."  It's just as I thought, and it explains why you always refuse to respond when asked to define that term.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 04:14:24 pm »

Alinksy rule 13.

There are actual racists on the Alt-right, both of the anti-Jewish and of the White Supremicist variety. Enough of them that "Alt-right" is not a term that I would want to be associated with.  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 04:40:13 pm »
There are actual racists on the Alt-right, both of the anti-Jewish and of the White Supremicist variety. Enough of them that "Alt-right" is not a term that I would want to be associated with.  :shrug:

Indeed.  TOS is infested with their sort.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 05:21:09 pm »
@TomSea If we only had an answer for the Jewish Problem.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour