Author Topic: Think you need proof of citizenship to register to vote? DC Circuit Court says not a chance  (Read 378 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Think you need proof of citizenship to register to vote? DC Circuit Court says not a chance

Non-citizens voting in our elections poses one of the most foundational threats to our republic. As I detail in chapter eight of my book, Stolen Sovereignty, a record high level of immigration, in conjunction with Motor-Voter laws, has resulted in so many non-citizens voting that elections are actually swayed, especially in close House and Senate elections. In fact, non-citizen voting likely gave Democrats the margin of victory needed to pass Obamacare back in 2010. Now, the federal courts are stealing the sovereignty of the states and disenfranchising the citizenry by preventing them from guarding the benefits of citizenship.

On Friday, the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, which has been overrun by leftists, ruled that Kansas, Alabama, and Georgia could not ask for proof of citizenship on mail-in federal voter registration forms — pending the outcome of litigation. In addition to mandating that individuals be allowed to vote without presenting any form of identification, courts have been forcing states to allow individuals to register to vote without even demonstrating that they are citizens. The 2-1 decision overturned a district judge’s denial of an injunction against the federal voter forms requested by Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, noting that the plaintiffs were likely to succeed on the merits of the case. The two majority judges were Judith W. Rogers (a Clinton appointee) and Stephen F. Williams (a Reagan appointee).

As we’ve dissected many times throughout the litigation against basic election integrity laws, Article I, Section 4 of the Constitution clearly grants states the power to determine eligibility for voter registration: "The times, places, and manner of holding elections for senators and representatives, shall be prescribed in each state by the legislature thereof." The dissenting judge, senior Judge Raymond Randolph, one of the few originalists left on that court, raised this same point and noted that it would “raise serious constitutional doubts” if the federal government prevented states from enforcing its voter qualification laws... - See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/09/think-you-need-proof-of-citizenship-to-register-to-vote#sthash.jrUTSTVn.dpuf
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Think you need proof of citizenship to register to vote? DC Circuit Court says not a chance

There needs to be a whole lot of impeachin goin on out dae but it's not gona happen with THIS feckless congress!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
There needs to be a whole lot of impeachin goin on out dae but it's not gona happen with THIS feckless congress!

888high58888  Illegal voting, redistricting that's favors the DEMS and Trump as the GOP nominee ... things can't be stacked against conservatives any more than that!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.