Author Topic: Trump Adviser, Son Post Image Featuring Alt-Right Symbol  (Read 14179 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Trump Adviser, Son Post Image Featuring Alt-Right Symbol
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 11:29:18 pm »
The point was never that Pepe always stood for the alt-right.  The point is that he does now and people need to know that.

We used to use the Bellamy Salute in the USA as well. Thank God we killed it when it became associated with the nazis.

In fact much of the world used the same flag salute at one point. Its origins go back to ancient Rome.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 12:05:19 am »
I guess they were right.   Pepe really *IS*  a symbol of anti-semitism.   

Give that man a cupkake!

888high58888

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 02:07:20 am »

I'd refer back to your earlier definition of "cuck" for understanding about why the name Pepe scares them.

Only a "cuck" would know why a silly cartoon frog named Pepe should be cause for concern.

Do you know, or not know?

Oh wait...I don't care.

Q: How many times does a skinhead laugh at a joke?
A: Three...once when he hears it, once when it's explained to him, and once when he gets it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:09:08 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2016, 02:13:52 am »
2016, the year posting a picture of a cartoon frog became controversial.

Congratulations universe, you win.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2016, 02:45:35 am »
Much ado about nothing...

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2016, 03:01:53 am »
2016, the year posting a picture of a cartoon frog became controversial.

Congratulations universe, you win.

This symbol was found on the walls of the Christian catacombs in Rome:

It only became controversial in the 20th century.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2016, 03:34:28 am »
Of course it is not the posting of a cartoon frog, just like this  is not just the posting of a flag.

It is a specific frog named Pepe that is being used by the alt-right.  It is much ado about something as this group is trying to become part of the GOP and infuse their
ideas into the conservative movement with the support of Trump. To ignore them is to allow them a place at the table. I can understand the members of the alt-right trying to minimize their
entrance into the GOP and wanting to be accepted. But, I do not understand the failure to call out this group by conservatives who would normally be disgusted by these people.

Another article among many about this group:

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/7-demeaning-alt-right-terms-used-racist-trump-followers

The Racist Alt-Right Dictionary: 7 Terms You Need to Know to Understand Trump's Most Hateful Supporters
The old white supremacist fringe is rebranding itself with its own special code, and claims Trump as its "glorious leader."

Since Republican presidential nominee Donald J. Trump went public with his embrace of the so-called "alternative right”—which happened when he hired alt-right promoter Stephen K. Bannon as his campaign chief—the self-styled renegade offshoot of cultural conservatism is getting a whole lot of attention.

Now, reading the next paragraph you can see the danger as the left's label of conservatives as racists will look much truer even if for decades conservatives have been falsely labeled as such.

What’s so renegade about the alt-right? It puts on bold display the racism and misogyny that has always fueled the so-called conservative movement, but which has typically been rationalized through themes involving the word “freedom,” employed to justify a right to discriminate, whether against members of races or creeds other than your own, or by gender, sexual orientation or gender identity.
  This I find abhorrent and angers me that conservatives are not publicly denouncing these people as they are tainting the GOP with their active support for trump, even being a part of his campaign.

More from the article:

4. Pepe. Pepe the Frog was once the generic mascot of the anonymous message-board site 4chan, one of the internet hollows where the alt-right first congregated. The alt-right glommed on to it, creating all manner of memes depicting it, even in the uniform of an SS officer and most famously as the face of Donald Trump. Vice’s Roisin Kiebard explains it all.

If you’ve seen this meme, you’ve met the alt-right.

And there are some here who, as soon as this popped, couldn't wait to start posting the image here, in their own posts.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2016, 04:07:59 am »

That one, like the Navajo swastika is in the opposite direction of the Nazi Swastika.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2016, 04:21:33 am »
And its not just pepe the frog.  Look at the Trump image.  Upside down cross around his neck.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2016, 04:34:22 am »
And there are some here who, as soon as this popped, couldn't wait to start posting the image here, in their own posts.
I've gotten into a bad habit of defending pro-Trump posters who I think possess superior writing skills and quality arguments.  This is usually followed by that poster proving I should have kept my big mouth shut...but I call 'em like I see 'em and you seem to be referring to @DiogenesLamp and I am compelled to disagree with that inference.  I have argued until exasperated with DiogenesLamp and while he is a border warrior, and a Trump supporter, and he likes to argue to the point that he can come full circle and argue the other side eventually...I don't see an alt-right influence with him.  Perhaps he is just that smart that he can conceal it, feign ignorance, and fool me...and I don't doubt that  DiogenesLamp is that smart...but the Pepe images he posted were to rebut that the frog is exclusive to the alt-right.  That is what DiogenesLamp does...he muddies the waters for the sake of arguing, and there is nothing wrong with that because it forces us to rethink, re-evaluate, and retool our arguments.

I guess my point is that sometimes the guy arguing with you simply disagrees with you, and has no sinister motives...and the accusation of racism when none is present actually hardens the heart of the target so they eventually become less willing to listen.

You know I have nothing but respect for you HJ.  I think you are a conservative with a heart of gold, observant, well learned, and I'm proud to call you my friend.  I agree that the alt-right has successfully made inroads with the GOP, they are emboldened by Trump and websites like Trumpbart, and I am disgusted that much of the outreach by Dubya, and other Republicans who think racism should have no home in the GOP is being flushed down Trump's populist toilet.

I also commend you on your boldness in condemning the overt racism posted by @Longmire and @TomSea I agree 100%

I could be naive, maybe I don't want to think a bright fellow like DiogenesLamp harbors a black soul, but maybe he too doesn't want to believe the GOP is infected, or maybe the right of center websites he frequents have done a poor job of educating him of the problem.  I take him at his word when he says that cuck and Pepe the frog are new to him.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 05:02:26 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2016, 05:01:36 am »
I just googled "alt-right memes" and am shocked at the number of swastikas I saw.
You know what I am heartened by?
12 hours have gone by and this thread has been bumped to the top many times, yet almost all of the Pro-Trump posters have declined to comment on this thread.  That says something to me.  That says that the charge of racism is still feared by almost all of them.  That says they are embarrassed at some of their allies.  That says they are reluctant to come to the aid of of posters who spew racist propaganda.

Yes I'm talking to you @TomSea and @Longmire .  You will still need to hide in the shadows.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2016, 05:14:01 am »
There is also suspicion that the 88 Generals is a shout out Alt-Right.  88 heil hitler.  It was pretty weird that he pulled out the sheet of paper listing the Generals in that Commander-in-Chief forum.  What was he going to do with the paper?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HonestJohn

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2016, 05:15:58 am »
I've gotten into a bad habit of defending pro-Trump posters who I think possess superior writing skills and quality arguments.  This is usually followed by that poster proving I should have kept my big mouth shut...but I call 'em like I see 'em and you seem to be referring to @DiogenesLamp and I am compelled to disagree with that inference.  I have argued until exasperated with DiogenesLamp and while he is a border warrior, and a Trump supporter, and he likes to argue to the point that he can come full circle and argue the other side eventually...I don't see an alt-right influence with him.  Perhaps he is just that smart that he can conceal it, feign ignorance, and fool me...and I don't doubt that  DiogenesLamp is that smart...but the Pepe images he posted were to rebut that the frog is exclusive to the alt-right.  That is what DiogenesLamp does...he muddies the waters for the sake of arguing, and there is nothing wrong with that because it forces us to rethink, re-evaluate, and retool our arguments.

I guess my point is that sometimes the guy arguing with you simply disagrees with you, and has no sinister motives...and the accusation of racism when none is present actually hardens the heart of the target so they eventually become less willing to listen.

You know I have nothing but respect for you HJ.  I think you are a conservative with a heart of gold, observant, well learned, and I'm proud to call you my friend.  I agree that the alt-right has successfully made inroads with the GOP, they are emboldened by Trump and websites like Trumpbart, and I am disgusted that much of the outreach by Dubya, and other Republicans who think racism should have no home in the GOP is being flushed down Trump's populist toilet.

I also commend you on your boldness in condemning the overt racism posted by @Longmire and @TomSea I agree 100%

I could be naive, maybe I don't want to think a bright fellow like DiogenesLamp harbors a black soul, but maybe he too doesn't want to believe the GOP is infected, or maybe the right of center websites he frequents have done a poor job of educating him of the problem.  I take him at his word when he says that cuck and Pepe the frog are new to him.

Actually, I was thinking of @Longmire and @TomSea when I wrote this, not @DiogenesLamp.

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2016, 05:16:57 am »
There is also suspicion that the 88 Generals is a shout out Alt-Right.  88 heil hitler.  It was pretty weird that he pulled out the sheet of paper listing the Generals in that Commander-in-Chief forum.  What was he going to do with the paper?
Jezz...I didn't even notice that.

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2016, 05:17:36 am »
Actually, I was thinking of @Longmire and @TomSea when I wrote this, not @DiogenesLamp.
OK then.  Glad to see we are on the same page. :beer:

HonestJohn

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2016, 05:21:12 am »

Oy vey.

That's can't be a coincidence, considering the number of times his campaign has pushed anti-semitic tweets and imagery in the past.

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2016, 05:26:52 am »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2016, 11:48:17 am »
I guess I'm the last person to know 88 was something white supremacists use to mean heil hitler.  Looked it up....H is the 8th letter of the alphapet, so HH is 88.  The white nationalists also like the number 14 because it refers to a 14 word mission statement:  http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2008/10/white_supremacists_by_the_numbers.html

Let's just 86 the whole bunch of 'em.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2016, 11:52:46 am »
Things like Viking and Crusader imagery also raise red flags but don't necessarily point to racism since lots of people have genuine interests in those subjects. Also the Vikings series on the history channel has brought about a bit of interest in vikings.

I've seen the viking imagery from a lot from these characters, more so than the weird frog thing, but I have seen both.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2016, 11:58:10 am »

right about that.
There is a place in Brookshire Texas called the Hemi Hideout, where this guy rents out his "museum" of mostly old 1966 to 1973 Mopar cars and neon signs for corporate parties and charity events. A neat place.
Anyway, in there, somewhat randomly, he has some chaps made in the 1800's.
Along the bottom edge, on both side, were about 5 swastikas.
They were a sign to the indians that the cowboy wearing them was a friend, not a foe.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:05:15 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2016, 12:35:36 pm »
Aren't there 88 keys on a piano? Could it be....Hitler?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline aligncare

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2016, 12:47:39 pm »

I heard Hitler adored the piano. That's it then. We must hunt and kill every piano least more Hiltlers be spawned ...(ends on dramatic downbeat, dun dun-t daaa!)

Offline Longmire

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2016, 01:11:27 pm »
This emoji may secretly harbor sinister Alt-right leanings...council of concerned conservatives to investigate

888high58888

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2016, 01:19:47 pm »
There are 2 I have not read yet.  Thanks for reposting them.
I think Shapiro pretty much nailed it. https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/08/the-naked-truth-about-the-alt-right-movement
It’s just as easy to blame establishment figures for upholding the supposed virtues of Ryan and McConnell as it is to blame anti-Ryan and anti-McConnell conservatives for the reaction of the Alt-Right.

But that would be inconvenient for Trump supporters in the establishment. They must find some way to cast the Alt-Right as #NeverTrump allies, when in fact there’s nobody the Alt-Right hates more than #NeverTrump conservatives. They hate the #NeverTrumpers on the basis of #NeverTrump’s conservative principles, which the Alt-Right believe are archaic, and they hate them for not supporting the Alt-Right hero Trump. At least establishment Republicans are on their side with regard to Trump.

But this is a hint of things to come. Should Trump lose, the Republican establishment that backed Trump must find a way not to be lumped in with the ugly Alt-Right Trumpers – and so they’ll somehow falsely redefine them as allies of the #NeverTrump conservative. Meanwhile, the Trump Alt-Right will blame #NeverTrump and find a way to falsely redefine them as allies of the Republican establishment.

But the Alt-Right is its own branch. So is the establishment. And #NeverTrump small-government conservatives are obviously distinct from both.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2016, 01:21:56 pm »
'H' is the eighth letter of the alphabet, Hence 88=HH, or "Heil Hitler"
or...
Maybe the 88mm cannon so popular with the Reich had something to do with the piano too.

C S Lewis