Author Topic: Sen. Tim Kaine Believes Catholic Church Will Join Him—Break With Jesus--on Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 367 times)

rangerrebew

Sen. Tim Kaine Believes Catholic Church Will Join Him—Break With Jesus--on Same-Sex Marriage

Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia told the Human Rights Campaign on Saturday night--as first reported by the Washington Post [1]--that he thinks the Catholic Church will join him in endorsing same-sex marriage.

“My support for marriage equality--my full complete, unconditional support for marriage equality--is at odds with the current doctrine of the church that I still attend,” Kaine, who attends a Catholic church, said at the Human Rights Campaign National Dinner held in Washington, D.C. The full video of his speech is available on YouTube [2].

“But I think that’s going to change, too,” Kaine said. “I think that is going to change, too.”

However, the Catholic Church teaches that homosexual acts are "intrinsically disordered" and contrary to the natural law and that: “Under no circumstances can they be approved.” The Catholic Church also teaches that marriage is the permanent union of one man and one woman as taught by Jesus Christ.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/blog/terence-p-jeffrey/sen-tim-kaine-thinks-catholic-church-will-join-him-break-jesus-same-sex