Author Topic: Soldiers Speak Out on 9/11: 'I Never Handed Out a Bouquet of Flowers during Combat'  (Read 397 times)

rangerrebew

September 11, 2016
Soldiers Speak Out on 9/11: 'I Never Handed Out a Bouquet of Flowers during Combat'
By Elise Cooper

It has been fifteen years since this country was brutally attacked on 9/11, where 3,000 Americans lost their lives as planes flew into buildings.  People rushed into service to protect and defend America.  This horrific tragedy brought out the best in people, where they worked together to help others and to share in the proudness that the flag and National Anthem represent.  American Thinker interviewed two Americans who decided to serve in the military following the attack on 9/11.

In Nicholas Irving's latest book, Way of the Reaper, he talks about coming from a military family.  When asked his feelings about 9/11, he noted how he raced home from school, knowing then that he wanted to defend his country.  "I remember wanting revenge to do harm against those who did harm to innocent people.  I even asked my dad to drive up to New York so we could help search for people."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/09/soldiers_speak_out_on_911_i_never_handed_out_a_bouquet_of_flowers_during_combat.html#ixzz4Jx97dhj2
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook