Author Topic: Michele Bachmann: ‘I, as a Constitutional Conservative, as a Believer in Jesus Christ, Readily Embrace’ Donald Trump Agenda  (Read 2298 times)

Offline unknown

Michele Bachmann: ‘I, as a Constitutional Conservative, as a Believer in Jesus Christ, Readily Embrace’ Donald Trump Agenda

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/09/michele-bachmann-donald-trump-agenda-constitutional-conservative/

Michael Patrick Leahy
9 Sep 2016

Former Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) told the Values Voter Summit in Washington D.C. on Friday, “On every single level, if you look at the agenda that Donald Trump has put forward, it’s been one that I — as a constitutional conservative, as a believer in Jesus Christ — I cannot only easily embrace, but readily embrace.”

{.snip..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

“What is important to me,” she told the audience, “is to let the most important voting block in the United States get a message.” That voting block “is believers in Jesus Christ.

Do you realize the level of power and influence that All-Mighty God has laid into the hands of those who call on his name?” she asked:

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

Offline Vulcan

Then she is a babbling psycho

Much like the New York liberal Donald Trump.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
She's very admirable to hold to her beliefs though I think she is hawkish; but other than that, I tend to agree with her.

HonestJohn

Offline TomSea

Oooh, maybe we can elect a Texas Conservative that ramps up the persecution of Christians in the Middle East, otherwise, known as genocide and leave the borders wide open. I guess the opposite of that must be liberal.

Offline TomSea

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oooh, maybe we can elect a Texas Conservative that ramps up the persecution of Christians in the Middle East, otherwise, known as genocide and leave the borders wide open. I guess the opposite of that must be liberal.
I have no idea who you are talking about.

Who was the last person from Texas in a position all by himself to ramp up the persecution of Christians in the Middle East and leave borders open?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline unknown

Well aren't you just a lovely person.

Out of the two people that are going to be president, Hillary or Trump, which one are you voting for and promoting, and why?

Silver Pines

If we're being completely honest, I always did think Michele was a bit of a screwball.

Now I see I was wrong.  It's way more than just a bit.

Offline Vulcan

Sorry, but I don’t speak psychobabble. 

If that was intended to somehow prove Trump is not a liberal you failed; his long liberal history proves otherwise.

Offline Vulcan

If we're being completely honest, I always did think Michele was a bit of a screwball.

She's certifiable.   But that apparently appeals to some.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
A lot of Americans claim Christ and endorse homosexual marriage, out of wedlock sex, adultery and things that are anathema to the Christian faith.  A growing number of them ascribe to the belief that Islam and Christianity share the same God, and that all paths go to heaven.

Christianity in America is become a buffet table to pick and choose what one likes and what one doesn't like and make up your version of a Jesus salad.

It goes-to-figure that self-identifying Christian Conservatives are justifying their vote for a NYC Liberal Democrat who says a cracker and a sip of juice is all he needs to qualify as a devout Christian.

Matthew 15:8 indeed.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

A whole lot of pimpin' goin on, pointed at the Christian Right... Wonder why?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I want specifics of what Trump has done to find favor with the Lord.  What are people willing here?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Like most frauds calling themselves conservative and Christian, she never mat a liberal with an R she wouldn't stand with come election day.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

There was a time I was proud to call myself a Christian Conservative...when I was represented by people like Dubya, and Ralph Reed, and the GOP had a philosophy of a big tent that tried to find common issues with Catholic Latinos and Evangelical Blacks.

Nowadays it feels like Christian has become synonymous with judgemental.  JMO.

Offline roamer_1

There was a time I was proud to call myself a Christian Conservative...when I was represented by people like Dubya, and Ralph Reed, and the GOP had a philosophy of a big tent that tried to find common issues with Catholic Latinos and Evangelical Blacks.

Nowadays it feels like Christian has become synonymous with judgemental.  JMO.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well aren't you just a lovely person.

Out of the two people that are going to be president, Hillary or Trump, which one are you voting for and promoting, and why?
Neither. I'm working to set the seeds so that this doesn't happen again and we're not stuck with two terrible choices the next time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline unknown

A real constitutionalist comes out pro-Trump

Exclusive: Brent Smith is still fence-sitting, despite Bachmann endorsement

http://www.wnd.com/2016/09/a-real-constitutionalist-comes-out-pro-trump/

Brent Smith
Sept. 12, 2016

Michele Bachmann, the former Minnesota congressman, is one of the good guys. Since she is a normal, conservative American, I can almost guarantee she would take no offense at me calling her either a congressman or one of the good guys.

But much to many conservatives’ dismay, I’m sure, she has come out in support of the Trumpster. Recently, Mark Levin did the same – although not really.

{.. snip ..}
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:18:56 pm by unknown »

Offline unknown

Breitbart reported on Bachmann’s decision, as she said Friday: “On every single level, if you look at the agenda that Donald Trump has put forward, it’s been one that I – as a constitutional conservative, as a believer in Jesus Christ – I cannot only easily embrace, but readily embrace.”

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
No wonder Jesus asked the question He did in Luke 18:8.

So many Apostates to everything people pay lip service to.

This is just like the crap we get from Chrislam adherents that tell us the same thing about embracing Islam as a path to heaven.

Nothing new under the sun.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I see a lot of people didn't read the whole article. This wasn't praise for Bachmann or Trump and he wraps up with the big BUT (you can't discount history)....

If one were to have recently come back to earth or emerged from the depths of the sea, one would agree that Trump is the clear choice, running away. But that’s the problem. We constitutionalist have been here, watching and listening for months.

I personally would buy into Trump tomorrow, if he came out of the gate saying what he is saying now – in the manner he is saying it. He sounds presidential, or at least on prompter.

Trump’s recent policy statements have been spot on. He’s been much better, and discounting history, he sounds like who we need and what people will come out to vote for.

I’m just not a believer. For all our sakes, I will love nothing more than to admit I was wrong. It would be my pleasure. Both Levin and Bachmann have made their decisions – one a simple yes vote and the other a supporter – and that’s fine. I respect both as much today as prior to their decisions – but for me, I’ll remain on this fence of bit longer.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/09/a-real-constitutionalist-comes-out-pro-trump/#kE1clDSPUUplzKxl.99