Author Topic: Alt-Right Leaders: We Aren’t Racist, We Just Hate Jews  (Read 54433 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Alt-Right Leaders: We Aren’t Racist, We Just Hate Jews
« Reply #475 on: September 16, 2016, 08:37:47 pm »
I think y'all are giving our Creator a headache.
He's tough, and will handle what it takes for one of His own. The headache was only part of the sacrifice. That said, I am trying to make fewer of those stripes belong to me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #476 on: September 16, 2016, 08:41:39 pm »

No irony whatsoever, my friend.

If you only believe in your own limited thought process there is so much you willfully don't know.

I feel badly at what you're missing.

I know you're a MENSA IQ level, but you're still not as smart as you think...... your knowledge is limited, and your thinking finite, but because of your arrogance you'll never learn any more than you already (think you) know.   

And for that, you are to be pitied.

I pray that I might be like the Apostle Paul, not boasting in myself (which is sin) but boasting in Jesus Christ and the Cross alone.   All that I have, all that I am, all the gifts I have, is from the Lord....... not from my own puny mind.

I am confident in my beliefs only because I am confident in my Creator.  If I thought that human limitations were all that there was, I would probably be as angry at God as you are.

btw, what's ironic is that you are so angry at someone you think doesn't exist.... What a waste of your emotional energy!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #477 on: September 16, 2016, 08:42:32 pm »

BTW,I know for a fact there are religions out there that believe we are the offsprung of visiting spacemen in pre-history times,and they worship space ships and flying saucers. I'm a little surprised none of them showed up.
IIRC, those guys castrated themselves, and laid around and died waiting for the UFO behind the comet...

(...And the LGMs in that weird bus behind the old mercury in the driveway finally gave up and went home.)

More seriously, Darwin Award levels of self-mutilation are NOT the way to keep a philosophy going for generations.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #478 on: September 16, 2016, 10:50:32 pm »
LOL.  I think He's seen worse.  Much worse.

Like the current presidential campaign, for example?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #479 on: September 17, 2016, 12:17:06 am »
.... you're still not as smart as you think...... <<

Is anyone?

I am confident in my beliefs only because I am confident in my Creator.  If I thought that human limitations were all that there was, I would probably be as angry at God as you are.

btw, what's ironic is that you are so angry at someone you think doesn't exist.... What a waste of your emotional energy!<<

I'm not mad at some mythical creature. It would be like being mad at the Easter Bunny.

What gets me mad is when people try to use their religious beliefs as the basis for law,or getting us involved with foreign conflicts that are none of America's business,like our unquestioned and senseless involvement with the welfare state known as Israel.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:17:47 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #480 on: September 17, 2016, 05:36:43 am »
No irony whatsoever, my friend.

If you only believe in your own limited thought process there is so much you willfully don't know.

I feel badly at what you're missing.

I know you're a MENSA IQ level, but you're still not as smart as you think...... your knowledge is limited, and your thinking finite, but because of your arrogance you'll never learn any more than you already (think you) know.   

And for that, you are to be pitied.

I pray that I might be like the Apostle Paul, not boasting in myself (which is sin) but boasting in Jesus Christ and the Cross alone.   All that I have, all that I am, all the gifts I have, is from the Lord....... not from my own puny mind.

btw, what's ironic is that you are so angry at someone you think doesn't exist.... What a waste of your emotional energy!

I was going to respond but I think you did it as well as I could.  Scientists tell us the natural state of the universe is entropy...yet here you are and here am I...with 2 eyes, and 2 legs, and a cognitive brain.  There is too much order and design for me to believe that random chance put you and me on this planet my sister.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #481 on: September 17, 2016, 01:04:02 pm »
I was going to respond but I think you did it as well as I could.  Scientists tell us the natural state of the universe is entropy...yet here you are and here am I...with 2 eyes, and 2 legs, and a cognitive brain.  There is too much order and design for me to believe that random chance put you and me on this planet my sister.

Exactly.  It takes too much faith to believe in chance.  I prefer a faith that means something, that is solid, that is easier to ascertain.  I study.  I look around.  I know enough about the human body to know for certain that we didn't just happen.

And it's not arrogance that leads to belief.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  It's absolute AWE in the One who put it all together.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.