Author Topic: Trump to reveal 'personal health regimen' to Dr. Oz  (Read 691 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump to reveal 'personal health regimen' to Dr. Oz
« on: September 09, 2016, 08:48:15 pm »
Trump to reveal 'personal health regimen' to Dr. Oz

By KRISTEN EAST 09/09/16 03:01 PM EDT

Donald Trump is taking his health records to the doctor — Dr. Oz, that is.

Pressured in recent weeks to release his medical records, Trump will appear on the first week of The Dr. Oz Show’s eighth season, which kicks off next week. Trump will reportedly appear alongside his daughter, Ivanka Trump, in the hour-long interview with Dr. Mehmet Oz.

A teaser for the interview says that Trump “addresses why the health of the candidates has become such a serious issue in this campaign” and “reveals his own personal health regimen.” The interview is scheduled to air next Thursday.

Trump this week pledged to release his full medical records, walking back his earlier promise to only release the documents if Hillary Clinton did the same. With regards to his health, the 70-year-old candidate has only released a letter from his doctor, a document which was widely criticized for its adoption of Trump-like language.

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual elected to the presidency,” Trump's gastroenterologist wrote, adding that Trump’s blood pressure and lab results were "astonishingly excellent" and "his physical strength and stamina are extraordinary."

Trump’s doctor also admitted last month in an interview with NBC that he had written the letter in just five minutes while a limousine sent by the GOP nominee waited outside of his Manhattan office, but he stood by his assessment.

Trump and Clinton's health have been frequent topics on the campaign trail, with Trump frequently suggesting the 68-year-old former secretary of state is too frail for the job. Trump, meanwhile, has grabbed a lot of attention for his frequent meals of fried chicken and other fried foods, as well as his lack of sleep.

A longer teaser for the one-on-one interview between Trump and Dr. Oz promises, “Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is here to share his vision for America’s health. We’re asking him the questions you want answered regarding your well-being, security, money and more. A no-holds-barred conversation you’ll be talking about.”

The credibility of Oz’s medical advice, however, has been questioned. A study released in 2014 concluded that medical talk shows, including The Dr. Oz Show, “often lack adequate information on specific benefits or the magnitude of the effects of those benefits.”

The talk-show host also previously testified before Congress in June 2014 about controversial statements he made on his program about weight-loss plans and products.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/trump-dr-oz-health-records-227965#ixzz4JnGortGc
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump to reveal 'personal health regimen' to Dr. Oz
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 08:49:04 pm »
"Fraudulent politician talks 'health regimen' with fraudulent doctor."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 09:11:24 pm »
What's next, making Food Babe or Merocla, Surgeon General?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 09:28:44 pm »
I still think Trump and Hillary should be required to submit to an independent medical examination by doctors with no affiliation to either candidate.  How do we know the candidates aren't bribing or coercing their doctors to give them a clean bill of health?  How do we know Trump's records won't be altered to hide some health problem?

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 09:53:46 pm »
I still think Trump and Hillary should be required to submit to an independent medical examination by doctors with no affiliation to either candidate.  How do we know the candidates aren't bribing or coercing their doctors to give them a clean bill of health?  How do we know Trump's records won't be altered to hide some health problem?

So what are you talking about here?  A simple physical or that along with a battery of tests for every conceivable disease or medical condition? A full panel of blood tests, CAT scans, MRI’s, EKG’s, EEG’s, chest x-rays, colonoscopies, mammograms and cervical scrapes for the women, prostate exams for the men ….

What about an intensive psychological exam and lie detector tests, perhaps with the threat of water boarding?  Then again there is the whole issues of tax returns.

And who will pay for all this?

I’m not trying to make light because you make an interesting point but it seems to me that this could be carried a bit too far.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 10:01:29 pm »
"Fraudulent politician talks 'health regimen' with fraudulent doctor."

You forgot weird fraudulent daughter.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 01:28:17 am »
??? Still trying to figure out why people are so hung up on Clinton and Trump's health.  An unhealthy Clinton is elected and has to step down for health reasons - an unhealthy Trump is elected and has to step down for health reasons.  So...what's the downside?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.