Author Topic: Hillary at Commander-in-Chief Forum: Gun Control Part of Fight Against Terrorism  (Read 616 times)

Offline unknown

Hillary at Commander-in-Chief Forum: Gun Control Part of Fight Against Terrorism

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/07/commander-chief-forum-hillary-pushes-gun-control/

AWR Hawkins
7 Sep 2016

During MSNBC’s September 7 Commander-in-Chief Forum, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton suggested more gun control is part of the fight against terror attacks in the United States.

She did this after forum host Matt Lauer brought up “terror attacks on our soil.”

{..snip..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Yes, I caught that.  It's no secret that Clinton is a anti-gun freak. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hillary at Commander-in-Chief Forum: Gun Control Part of Fight Against Terrorism

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/07/commander-chief-forum-hillary-pushes-gun-control/

AWR Hawkins
7 Sep 2016

During MSNBC’s September 7 Commander-in-Chief Forum, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton suggested more gun control is part of the fight against terror attacks in the United States.

She did this after forum host Matt Lauer brought up “terror attacks on our soil.”

{..snip..}
Millions of Americans have spent some serious money on firearms and accessories (and ammo) in the past few years. They didn't spend that to meekly surrender those firearms, and I'd wager an awful lot of Americans would view any registration scheme as a prelude to confiscation and would do as the Canadians did. Refuse to comply.

The Canadian scheme to register long guns was implemented during the Chretien government in 1993, and failed to get even 50% compliance (70% noncompliance estimated). Under the Harper Government in 2012 the registry was abandoned, after huge cost overruns and little if any effect on crime rates. Databases were ordered to be destroyed, and the last holdout, Quebec was ordered by the courts to do so in 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Firearms_Registry
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:42:11 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Vulcan

Millions of Americans have spent some serious money on firearms and accessories (and ammo) in the past few years. They didn't spend that to meekly surrender those firearms, and I'd wager an awful lot of Americans would view any registration scheme as a prelude to confiscation and would do as the Canadians did. Refuse to comply.

Confiscation could be in the future for Californians once the possession and use of anything larger than a 10-round mag becomes a reality in 2017.  It's not going to go over well.  SB-1446

Online Smokin Joe

Confiscation could be in the future for Californians once the possession and use of anything larger than a 10-round mag becomes a reality in 2017.  It's not going to go over well.  SB-1446
Frankly, that is the sort of crap that will likely keep me from ever setting foot in the State of California. Pure insanity.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Yes, I caught that.  It's no secret that Clinton is a anti-gun freak.

Yep but will Trump be any better.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Smokin Joe

Yep but will Trump be any better.
Excellent question, and from his positions in the past, there is no indication he will.

C S Lewis