Author Topic: Trump Contends Faith In God Key To Reuniting Country, Restoring Greatness  (Read 736 times)

Offline unknown

Trump Contends Faith In God Key To Reuniting Country, Restoring Greatness

"Our media culture often mocks and demeans people of faith."

Randy DeSoto
September 9, 2016

Donald Trump received a standing ovation coming and going at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C., on Friday.

The theme of Trump’s speech was the centrality of faith must play if America is to reclaim its heritage of greatness.

Academy Award winning actor Jon Voight introduced Trump saying, “If God allows truth to be said and heard, we will see Donald Trump as the next president of the United States of America. He will lift the dark cloud that hovers over us now.”

Our media culture often mocks and demeans people of faith,” Trump observed. “Your values of love, charity and faith built this nation.”

The candidate promised, “In a Trump administration, our Christian heritage will be respected like never before. That includes religious liberty.”

{.. snip..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Trump Contends Faith In God Key To Reuniting Country, Restoring Greatness
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 12:35:59 am »

Lets repost that one quote again!

The candidate promised, “In a Trump administration, our Christian heritage will be respected like never before. That includes religious liberty.”

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 12:39:52 am »
Sorry Donny, another swing and a miss.

2 Chronicles 7:14New International Version (NIV)

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 12:46:40 am »
Sorry Donny, another swing and a miss.

2 Chronicles 7:14New International Version (NIV)

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Exactly.  Bass Ackwards.  Trump somehow thinks only he provides salvation, as if he will somehow single-handedly reorganize the entire judicial system,  the Alphabets, the education system and the federal agencies to give respect to a faith they hate and have institutionalized persecution against.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fantom

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 12:58:10 am »

Lets see.. I guess trump is now "Called by God".  LOL. Is that not how they mocked Ted.

Anywho.. trump is a charlatan in my book.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

geronl

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 01:11:12 am »
No evidence that Trump even grasps the concept of God

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 01:16:40 am »

Jews and Muslims need not apply in a Trump administration.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 01:23:44 am »
The words are true.  The man speaking them is a fraud.

Exactly.  The sentiments are partially true (because faith alone did not bless us, but obedience did as well), but Trump is not the one to restore that.

That doesn't come from the top on down. 

That comes from the bottom which establishes the culture that selects the top spot.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 01:26:17 am »
Here's an idea .... why not listen to what Trump said before rendering judgment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snKt8Uic52w

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 03:23:54 am »
Here's an idea .... why not listen to what Trump said before rendering judgment?

He's a proven liar.  A boastful adulterer.  An unrepentant CINO who says he does not sin or make mistakes and told us that he is the only hope for the nation.

Trump is not someone to listen to whatsoever.

But lots of folks find the Devil's words more enticing and 'reasonable' and 'intelligent' than what God's Word tells us about eschewing those who demonstrate those character traits.