Author Topic: Trump rips media for mocking Christians  (Read 294 times)

Offline unknown

Trump rips media for mocking Christians
« on: September 10, 2016, 12:13:29 am »

Trump rips media for mocking Christians

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/295226-trump-rips-media-for-mocking-christians

Jonathan Easley
September 09, 2016

Donald Trump accused the media of mocking Christians and vowed to be a champion for religious liberty at a gathering of social conservatives in Washington on Friday.

Speaking at the Values Voter Summit, the GOP presidential nominee received several standing ovations from the packed ballroom of Christian conservatives.

Trump has at times struggled to convince social conservatives that he can be a trusted advocate for the causes that are important to them, but many have come around as they consider the prospect of a Hillary Clinton presidency.

On Friday, Trump thrilled the crowd with a speech that flashed an increased familiarity with the language Christians use and the issues that are most important to them.

Trump focused heavily on school choice, religious liberty, the Supreme Court and the threat of terrorism — all of which are among the top issues for the social conservatives at the yearly conference.

And he hit the social conservative sweet spot in bemoaning how culture, aided by the liberal media, has turned away from traditional values.

“Our media culture often mocks and demeans people of faith,” Trump said. “All the time, I hear from concerned parents how much harder it is for Christian families to raise their children in today’s media environment. Your values of love, charity and faith built this nation. So how can it be that our media treats people of faith so poorly?”

{..snip..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

Re: Trump rips media for mocking Christians
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 01:12:18 am »
Trump's whole life is a mockery.