Author Topic: LGBT Rights vs. Religious Freedom: No Middle Ground?  (Read 360 times)

Offline unknown

LGBT Rights vs. Religious Freedom: No Middle Ground?
« on: September 09, 2016, 10:38:36 pm »

LGBT Rights vs. Religious Freedom: No Middle Ground?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/lgbt-rights-vs-religious-freedom-no-middle-ground-168793/

John Stonestreet
August 31, 2016

According to one Christian thinker, it's time to get on the LGBT bus or be thrown under it.

Last week a thought occurred to me. I wanted to tweet it out but wondered whether it would be too incendiary. The thought was this: "It seems odd how confident we are that folks can lose their unwanted sexual parts, but can't lose their unwanted sexual attractions."

In his article at Religion News Service, Gushee fired a warning shot across the bow of conservative evangelicals and religious traditionalists. He writes, "[y]ou are either for full and unequivocal social and legal equality for LGBT people, or you are against it. ... neutrality is not an option. Neither is polite half-acceptance . . . Hide as you might, the issue will come and find you."

{..snip..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: LGBT Rights vs. Religious Freedom: No Middle Ground?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 10:41:29 pm »

Gushee fired a warning shot across the bow of conservative evangelicals and religious traditionalists. He writes, "[y]ou are either for full and unequivocal social and legal equality for LGBT people, or you are against it. ... neutrality is not an option. Neither is polite half-acceptance . . . Hide as you might, the issue will come and find you."

Yep.

That is what Hillary has said. That the full force of the government will come and get you. Neutrality is not an option.

As Bob Hope said, "I’ve just flown in from California, where they’ve made homosexuality legal. I thought I’d get out before they make it mandatory.”

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Axel

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 11:11:03 pm »
Gushee fired a warning shot across the bow of conservative evangelicals and religious traditionalists. He writes, "[y]ou are either for full and unequivocal social and legal equality for LGBT people, or you are against it. ... neutrality is not an option. Neither is polite half-acceptance . . . Hide as you might, the issue will come and find you."

Yep.

That is what Hillary has said. That the full force of the government will come and get you. Neutrality is not an option.

Hillary also said she doesn't believe in changing hearts. She believes in government mandated acceptance.

LGBT Rights and religious freedom are not necessarily at odds with one another.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 11:16:41 pm »

So, substitute 'religious' for 'LGBT' and throw it back at them.