Author Topic: Byron York: As debates near, forum shows potential Trump advantage  (Read 1109 times)

Offline unknown

Byron York: As debates near, forum shows potential Trump advantage
« on: September 09, 2016, 06:41:56 pm »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2601242

Byron York (@ByronYork)
9/8/16

NBC's "Commander in Chief Forum," held Wednesday night aboard the USS Intrepid in New York, was the closest thing to a debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton until the real thing on Sept. 26. And it showed an advantage Trump might have when the two meet face-to-face: she has a record in government to defend, while he doesn't. On that score, Trump, at 70 a newcomer to politics, seems new, while Clinton, at 68 a veteran of decades in public life, seems, well, not new.

The format of the NBC forum, in which the two candidates were separated by only a commercial break, put that contrast into higher relief than ever before.

Clinton cited her experience right out of the blocks, when moderator Matt Lauer asked her, "What is the most important characteristic that a commander in chief can possess?"

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Byron York: As debates near, forum shows potential Trump advantage
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 06:44:31 pm »
The most gaffe prone POTUS candidate in history has the advantage?  (Cueing Rod Serling)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 06:47:52 pm »
The most gaffe prone POTUS candidate in history has the advantage?  (Cueing Rod Serling)

Expectations for Trump are lower than whale fecal matter at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. The question is, will he take advantage of this, or drive his campaign through the Earth's crust?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 06:53:37 pm »
Anyone know whether they are they going to be seated or standing at the official debates?  I would be interested in seeing the negotiated details.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 06:59:11 pm »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2601242

Byron York (@ByronYork)
9/8/16

{.. snip ..}

@aligncare Please note what unknown has done here. He  Found a pro Trump news piece.  Posted said piece.   This is how it is done.  Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 07:12:40 pm »
LOL

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 07:20:52 pm »
@aligncare Please note what unknown has done here. He  Found a pro Trump news piece.  Posted said piece.   This is how it is done.  Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Does that mean I need to start posting pro-Trump pieces too?

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 07:26:41 pm »
Expectations for Trump are lower than whale fecal matter at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. The question is, will he take advantage of this, or drive his campaign through the Earth's crust?
Trump could not take advantage of low expectations at the Commander in Chief forum...and being Commander in Chief would be his main job as President...because he didn't study for it at all.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/08/donald-trump-wont-prepare-for-the-debates.html
“I believe you can prep too much for those things,” Trump told the Times. “It can be dangerous. You can sound scripted or phony — like you’re trying to be someone you’re not.”

Sadly 70 years of laughably claiming to be Presbyterian can't conceal the fact that Trump holds no values that don't pay tribute to his true God...Money.

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 07:30:04 pm »

Wingnut