Author Topic: Trump Smashes the Moral Compass of Conservatism (Jonah Goldberg)  (Read 4639 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump Smashes the Moral Compass of Conservatism (Jonah Goldberg)
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2016, 05:35:02 pm »
@TomSea, what exactly do you mean when you call someone a neo-con?

Jews.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2016, 05:38:38 pm »
Trumps admiration for totalitarian dictators isn't just reserved for Putin nor is it something new. He has a history of it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-favorite-dictators-in-reviled-tyrants-gop-nominee-finds-traits-to-praise/2016/07/06/8debf792-4385-11e6-bc99-7d269f8719b1_story.html

Then again, as long as he's "our" totalitarian  that's good , right?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2016, 05:39:36 pm »
Trump has no association with Putin other than to acknowledge his undeniable masculinity and prowess on the world stage. Putin said something about Trump that he liked and Trump returned the favor. Alpha males acknowledge each other, its a natural extension of their personalities.

Putin isn't Satan, he's a smart cunning Russian nationalist. Get over it.

Are you talking about humans or monkeys?  Your excitement over getting to talk about Trump and Putin in the same paragraph is evident.

Trump is an alpha male in the same way a drunk at the end of the bar is an alpha male.

Putin is a thug who kills journalists, opponents and has tanked the Russian economy.  His extra-curricular foreign adventures are meant to distract from his shabby record at home.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline bilo

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2016, 05:57:39 pm »
No, I don't buy into what Neo-Cons like Jonah Goldberg say. You can be a warmonger; obviously, you don't understand Trump, he's in the mode of JFK, a visionary and peacemaker.

I see the comparison between JFK & Trump. They were both morally bankrupt. They both cheated on their wives without any regret.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

HonestJohn

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2016, 06:17:56 pm »
Ping.