Author Topic: Wanted: A leader  (Read 282 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Wanted: A leader
« on: September 27, 2016, 04:12:55 pm »
Wanted: A leader
By Paul Greenberg
Published Sept. 13, 2016
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/greenberg092716.php3#wgI19HUphKs386Cy.99

Alexander Hamilton said energy in the executive is essential. That was back in what used to be called the critical period of American history -- when the still new Republic was threatening to come apart, as eventually it did in the next century.

But this crisis is now and needs to be dealt with now, and decisively now. Instead, the major parties have nominated (a) a buffoon who seems willing to say anything that will give him and his followers a moment in the spotlight in this age of Trump and all things Trumpian, and (b) a "leader" with little but a record of reverses, defeats and setbacks for American policy. The major achievement of Hillary Rodham Clinton's husband and co-president was to get himself impeached.

So pick your poison and pray hard. For the Republic is in deep trouble once again, as it so regularly is. The well-designed piece of clockwork that the Founders bequeathed the nation now resembles a crazy clock more than a magnificent heritage for future generations. Nothing runs of itself despite the popular misconception that a galaxy of demigods set it. No, it requires human help and divine intervention from time to all too predictable time. If you're looking for evidence of that old theory, just look around you....
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/greenberg092716.php3#wgI19HUphKs386Cy.99
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Wanted: A leader
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 04:19:50 pm »
Using 4458 ancestors and 16 generations
Constitution Signers

George Eskridge Washington   4th Cousin 8 times removed ▼
(Hon) Nathaniel Gorham   5th Cousin 8 times removed ▼
Daniel Carroll   6th Cousin 8 times removed ▼   
David Brearley   7th Cousin 7 times removed ▼   

How will I ever adequately apologize to them?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien