Author Topic: Trump: Dems trap students in 'failing government schools'  (Read 699 times)

Offline unknown

Trump: Dems trap students in 'failing government schools'
« on: September 08, 2016, 10:11:55 pm »

Trump: Dems trap students in 'failing government schools'

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-dems-trap-students-in-failing-government-schools/article/2601337

Gabby Morrongiello (@gabriellahope_)
9/8/16

Donald Trump vowed on Thursday to address the shortcomings of America's educational system by dissolving the government monopoly over it, which he claimed has left inner city youth adrift and stood in the way of their success.

Speaking to voters in Cleveland shortly after he met with teachers, students and their parents at a nearby charter school, Trump said the Democratic Party has "trapped millions of African-American and Hispanic youth in failing government schools that deny them the opportunity to join the ladder of American success."

"It's time to break up that monopoly," Trump said as he railed against increasing government involvement in education. "I want every single inner city child in America who is today trapped in a failing school to have the freedom, the civil right to attend the school of their choice."

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Trump: Dems trap students in 'failing government schools'
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 01:27:32 am »
"It's time to break up that monopoly," Trump said as he railed against increasing government involvement in education. "I want every single inner city child in America who is today trapped in a failing school to have the freedom, the civil right to attend the school of their choice."
I can't say I disagree, but there are a lot of failing rural schools, too—and those people have even fewer choices.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 02:05:27 am »
I can't say I disagree, but there are a lot of failing rural schools, too—and those people have even fewer choices.

While it is undeniable that African Americans suffer the highest rate of unemployment there are poor of every race.  I haven't heard Trump ever mention the whites who are suffering in the inner cities.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/politics/2011/12/poor_white_kids_are_they_invisible/2/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 02:20:14 am »
While it is undeniable that African Americans suffer the highest rate of unemployment there are poor of every race.  I haven't heard Trump ever mention the whites who are suffering in the inner cities.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/politics/2011/12/poor_white_kids_are_they_invisible/2/

I can take you up in the sticks here and show you folks as poor as they come - Different than in the city, as subsistence is possible living out in the woods... Providing that you are careful with your poaching.... And they are garden fed too... but as poor and without as can be.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 03:18:13 am »
I can take you up in the sticks here and show you folks as poor as they come - Different than in the city, as subsistence is possible living out in the woods... Providing that you are careful with your poaching.... And they are garden fed too... but as poor and without as can be.

So true but you don't hear about it in the news.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.