Author Topic: Trump: "There's no hope, other than if I become President"  (Read 3596 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump: "There's no hope, other than if I become President"
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2016, 11:59:12 pm »
I've never, ever heard a prez candidate from a major party say they were the only hope for saving the country. For Trump to say something as ridiculous as that reveals the mind of a totally self-absorbed, narcissistic, DERANGED!!!! person.
What is truly revolting is that so many erstwhile conservatives believe his garbage.
I'm now leaning to the NeverTrump camp. If it's the choice between sane and evil (Hillary) or ignorant and deranged (Trump), it's time for a write-in vote.

Here are some of the truest, most beautiful words ever written: “Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God” (Psalm 42:5).

Hope is a small word, but it is one of the most powerful. Why? Because in hope lies the power of the human soul to turn to God and live as if His promises are going to come true. “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD” (Psalm 31:24).

Some people think hope is an emotion. “I’m feeling hopeful,” they say, but true hope is a discipline, a determination to believe in God’s reality and power, even when the world seems to be crashing down around you. That is the genius and the power of hope. It flies in the face of calamity, saying, “The world can do its worst to me. But still I will hope. Still I will know that this is the day the Lord has made, and He will take care of me.”

The key to surviving any challenge or crisis is hope. Hope that Jesus loves you. Hope that He is, right now, working out a solution for you. Hope that the future you place in His hands will be better than the present you hold in your own. “’For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’” (Jeremiah 29:11).

Practice this hope, even if you have to will yourself to do it. With its power, you will overcome all things. “Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint” (Isaiah 40:31).

https://www.guideposts.org/put-your-hope-in-god

That is where I go for hope and to none other.  POTUS is a man/woman holding a worldly position.  It really doesn’t matter if its Hillary or Trump.  I always have hope.   The Word of  Isaiah 40 I speak over my life on a regular basis.  I claim all of Gods Promises and Blessings.  When I Trust in the Lord my strength is renewed.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline kartographer

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2016, 05:29:14 am »
I really wish his "Stillson Moment" would hurry up and get here already.

I am afraid it will happen after he is elected as there seems to be no Johnny to stop him.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2016, 11:42:45 am »
Here are some of the truest, most beautiful words ever written: “Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God” (Psalm 42:5).

Hope is a small word, but it is one of the most powerful. Why? Because in hope lies the power of the human soul to turn to God and live as if His promises are going to come true. “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD” (Psalm 31:24).

Some people think hope is an emotion. “I’m feeling hopeful,” they say, but true hope is a discipline, a determination to believe in God’s reality and power, even when the world seems to be crashing down around you. That is the genius and the power of hope. It flies in the face of calamity, saying, “The world can do its worst to me. But still I will hope. Still I will know that this is the day the Lord has made, and He will take care of me.”

The key to surviving any challenge or crisis is hope. Hope that Jesus loves you. Hope that He is, right now, working out a solution for you. Hope that the future you place in His hands will be better than the present you hold in your own. “’For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’” (Jeremiah 29:11).

Practice this hope, even if you have to will yourself to do it. With its power, you will overcome all things. “Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint” (Isaiah 40:31).

That is where I go for hope and to none other.  POTUS is a man/woman holding a worldly position.  It really doesn’t matter if its Hillary or Trump.  I always have hope.   The Word of  Isaiah 40 I speak over my life on a regular basis.  I claim all of Gods Promises and Blessings.  When I Trust in the Lord my strength is renewed.

Thank you for an excellent post.  I needed that! 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2016, 11:45:52 am »
I too have seen the light!   Must vote Trump....ohmmmmmm Must vote Trump...ohmmmmm
Keep going. Just a few more ohms and you'll have enough resistance....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2016, 11:52:37 am »
“There’s no hope, there's no hope other than if I become president,” Trump told the crowd.

Typical election nonsense.

I have a theory:

The solid Trump supporters believe this.
The solid Hillary supporters believe this as well, except they see Hillary as their last hope.

The rest of us who do not think the world will end because of this election are being badgered by the other 2 camps, as being naive, a closet liberal/conservative, and that we secretly want Trump/Hillary to win, etc,etc, you've heard it all before.

I think people that are devoted followers of either one are truly scared that life ends as they know it, should the other one get elected.

More difficult, yeah, I could see that, but ending?
We've survived a lot of things as a nation, like a Civil War to name one.
We will survive this.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2016, 12:09:36 pm »
“There’s no hope, there's no hope other than if I become president,” Trump told the crowd.

I have a theory:

The solid Hillary supporters believe this as well, except they see Hillary as their last hope.

The rest of us who do not think the world will end because of this election are being badgered by the other 2 camps, as being naive, a closet liberal/conservative, and that we secretly want Trump/Hillary to win, etc,etc, you've heard it all before.

I think people that are devoted followers of either one are truly scared that life ends as they know it, should the other one get elected.

We will survive this.

I am one who believes that perhaps because of this election the World won't necessarily end, but our 'Republic' will end as we know it.  I refuse to take part in the destruction of this country; therefore I cannot vote for either Trump or Hillary.  Those who support Trump are RESPONSIBLE for allowing the destruction to our country that's coming and will be the same ones who will look to us who refused to take part to try and pick up the pieces.  Trump and Hillary are on the same page; each will bring us to the same outcome, they are just going about things in a different way.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 12:15:00 pm »
History is full of strong leaders who weren't worth beans when it came to freedom. We are citizens not subjects. We do not desire or need either a strong government or a strong leader.

Bingo.   We don't need a pandering strongman,  especially one that's batspit crazy with a Messiah complex and support, which he won't repudiate,  from racist cockroaches.   Mussolini said he'd make the trains run on time, and presided over the destruction of his nation. 

Those who are willfully ignorant of history will suffer the consequences.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 12:16:20 pm »
I think that there have been forces working to bring down the western world for many decades.  The US has always been a prime target.  At this late stage, I doubt that any one man/woman, or party, is going to be able to stop them.  Just the way I see it.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2016, 12:20:40 pm »
I think that there have been forces working to bring down the western world for many decades.  The US has always been a prime target.  At this late stage, I doubt that any one man/woman, or party, is going to be able to stop them.  Just the way I see it.

Only we the people can stop it once conservatives regain our collective sanity.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2016, 12:24:52 pm »

I have a theory:

We will survive this.

I agree.  We will survive four years of Clinton.   I wish we had better choices - I fought for better choices - which don't force good people to choose between evil.   

And of course we do - for me,  Gary Johnson.   But it's amusing to see how upset folks get when I say I may vote third party.   I had a good portion of my train car this morning joining in to slam me for daring to say I have no responsibility to choose between Too Corrupt and Too Crazy.   The Hillary supporters said I was "declining to participate" and "wasting my vote".   The Trump supporters accused me of disloyalty to my own party. 

I will vote my conscience,  and whether millions of others share my choice is irrelevant to me.   I will "throw my vote away" rather than base it on fear or blind partisanship or cultism.    As Alexander Hamilton said,  if the government be evil, then let me stand in opposition to it.   
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:27:54 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 12:27:52 pm »
Only we the people can stop it once conservatives regain our collective sanity.

I agree, it will be the only way possible.  We need people across the entire western world to wake up and rise up.  I worry that Europe may be too far over the edge. 

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2016, 03:50:06 pm »

I have a theory:

We will survive this.
Of course we will survive this, and sometimes that is the scariest part. I'm still a youngster to most of all. If my generation fails to reign in the advance of tyranny I will probably live to see my kids and grand kids suffer for it. Same goes if and when the economy falls apart from failure to reign in the government's out of control borrowing and spending. History shows that we will survive and it will be a long slow descent.  It took a long time to get here and it will take a long time to get out of this mess. There are more than political forces at work as well. To think one man, can stem the tide would be folly.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2016, 03:51:53 pm »

Amen and preach it.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2016, 04:20:35 pm »
Of course we will survive this, and sometimes that is the scariest part. I'm still a youngster to most of all. If my generation fails to reign in the advance of tyranny I will probably live to see my kids and grand kids suffer for it. Same goes if and when the economy falls apart from failure to reign in the government's out of control borrowing and spending. History shows that we will survive and it will be a long slow descent.  It took a long time to get here and it will take a long time to get out of this mess. There are more than political forces at work as well. To think one man, can stem the tide would be folly.

@GrouchoTex @Idaho_Cowboy

People survived Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Hitler, and even the lesser ones like Chavez and Mugabe.   Well some people survived.

To trivialize what is happening is naive at best.  To sit back and say "I believe in Jesus so I don't need to work or fight" for a Godly nation is worse.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2016, 04:39:44 pm »
@GrouchoTex @Idaho_Cowboy

People survived Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Hitler, and even the lesser ones like Chavez and Mugabe.   Well some people survived.

To trivialize what is happening is naive at best.  To sit back and say "I believe in Jesus so I don't need to work or fight" for a Godly nation is worse.

I don't know if I am being naive or trivial or not, but my thought is this:

Many people just don't care who wins, except those die-hard supporters of both, and that is sad.
Granted, we do not vote at the point of a gun, but I am always surprised at how few actually bother in the U.S.
While what you are saying could happen, I am of the opinion it will not.
Still, if this is one more election that doesn't matter, a Trump or Clinton election may be the tonic that makes people stand up and take notice, so that elections in the future will  matter.

People may wake up, whether they vote for Y or X or don't vote at all, and say"Wait a minute, I didn't sign on for this!"

Anyway, I'd like to think in a more positive about our future, than Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Hitler.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 04:40:59 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2016, 07:07:30 pm »
I don't know if I am being naive or trivial or not, but my thought is this:

Many people just don't care who wins, except those die-hard supporters of both, and that is sad.
Granted, we do not vote at the point of a gun, but I am always surprised at how few actually bother in the U.S.
While what you are saying could happen, I am of the opinion it will not.
Still, if this is one more election that doesn't matter, a Trump or Clinton election may be the tonic that makes people stand up and take notice, so that elections in the future will  matter.

People may wake up, whether they vote for Y or X or don't vote at all, and say"Wait a minute, I didn't sign on for this!"

Anyway, I'd like to think in a more positive about our future, than Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Hitler.

People who want a totalitarian government are working without break to bring about their goal.  Wishing and positive vibes won't keep those peoes life's work from being realized.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2016, 08:29:05 pm »
People who want a totalitarian government are working without break to bring about their goal.  Wishing and positive vibes won't keep those peoes life's work from being realized.

I think there are people who would be working against that, also.
What is the solution?
I don't believe, from what I have read from you in the past, that you are thrilled with either of these candidates, yet one will win.