Author Topic: Trump Policy Staffers Resigned En Masse After He Never Bothered Paying Them  (Read 1368 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.mediaite.com/print/trump-policy-staffers-resigned-en-masse-after-he-never-bothered-paying-them/

Trump Policy Staffers Resigned En Masse After He Never Bothered Paying Them
by Alex Griswold | 2:15 pm, September 8th, 2016 186

The majority of Donald Trump‘s Washington D.C. policy staff quit en masse in August after he never followed through on his promise to pay them.

So reports The Washington Post‘s Josh Rogin Thursday. “Since April, advisers never named in campaign press releases have been working in an Alexandria-based office, writing policy memos, organizing briefings, managing surrogates and placing op-eds,” Rogin writes. “They put in long hours before and during the Republican National Convention to help the campaign look like a professional operation.”

The former Trump staffers cannot speak on the record given the famously stringent contracts the campaign makes staffers and volunteers sign. But three tell The Post on background that despite being promised pay when Corey Lewandowski was campaign manager, they were told they were only volunteers when Paul Manafort took over the job.

“There were some people who were treating it as a full-time job,” one of the policy staffers said. “I suspect that those people were quite astonished when the pay didn’t come through.”

The Trump campaign maintains that they never promised to pay anyone anything. “No such oral agreements were made,” campaign spokesman Jason Miller told The Post.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 08:22:32 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Well, there goes the excuse someone made the other week that 'they weren't expecting to get paid'.

Offline sinkspur

Chintzy.  Of course, Trump never reads any of his policy papers so why even have a policy team?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Shocking, Trump has never ever never not paid someone before.   Well other then those thousands of construction workers and multitude of other contractors he's used through the years.   USE is the operative word.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

Anyone stupid enough to trust Donald Trump or his campaign, without bothering to research how often he lies and stiffs people . . .
oh, nevermind . . .
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Why would Trump have policy experts?
Countdown to Resignation

Wingnut

Well, there goes the excuse someone made the other week that 'they weren't expecting to get paid'.

There was the one Corinthian who said,
"He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor."

Trump said  "those people were just not good planters or waterers. I only pay the best planters and waters in my campaign offices."

Wingnut

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:  That gets a five silly rating.  Good one.

:laugh:

Well Trumps other two Corinthians where unavialble for comment.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
cheap.  And we are supposed to believe he is going to treat our military with respect?  Pay them well and provide for their families??
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Judging by the "policies" coming out of Trumps mouth, there is a fair argument these guys shouldn't be payed.

Offline sinkspur

Offline LadyLiberty

OK there is a new movie in the theaters called "Dog" something or other.  I forget exactly.  But this very issue plays out in that movie.  Two guys are scamming the government and making tons of money selling arms to the military.  Know what brings them down?  Well, I won't give away the plot entirely, but Trump just did.

War Dogs.  We just saw it three days ago.  It was especially interesting since it was based on a true story.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Anyone stupid enough to trust Donald Trump or his campaign, without bothering to research how often he lies and stiffs people . . .
oh, nevermind . . .
That was perfect.  :silly:

Offline ConstitutionRose

:laugh:

Well Trumps other two Corinthians where unavialble for comment.

You are definitely on a roll.   8888spinning cat
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.