Author Topic: Trump v. Clinton (2016): How Would the Roberts Court Rule?  (Read 341 times)

Offline unknown

Trump v. Clinton (2016): How Would the Roberts Court Rule?
« on: September 08, 2016, 04:41:15 pm »

Trump v. Clinton (2016): How Would the Roberts Court Rule?

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/09/trump_v_clinton_2016_how_would_the_roberts_court_rule.html

Arnold Cusmariu
September 8, 2016

Last May, when he was only the presumptive Republican nominee, Donald Trump released a list of potential Supreme Court nominees, hoping to provide some reassurance to conservatives questioning his allegiance to their values.  The move may have helped Trump secure the nomination, though some (many?) in the GOP remain unconvinced.  The NeverTrumps are still here, helping Hillary.

Trump also made it clear that, as president, he would reverse Obama administration policies in a number of areas, including immigration and health care.  Obama's many "pen and phone" executive orders are also likely to be canceled.  What sort of priority Trump will give these efforts once in office is unclear at this point.  Being a man of his word, he is likely to follow through at least with a plan of action and a timetable.  His first year in office will be a hectic time.

{.. snip .. }

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Trump v. Clinton (2016): How Would the Roberts Court Rule?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 04:43:52 pm »

The article describes two pretty basic scenarios and the pros/cons of each.

History might repeat itself no matter who wins in November.  There are two scenarios.

Possible Scenario 1: Hillary Clinton wins

Possible Scenario 2: Donald Trump wins 

On thing is for sure: with Hillary Clinton in the White House, judicial overreach will get worse – much worse.  NeverTrumps really, really, really need to get a grip.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)