Author Topic: Senate Majority Whip Senator John Cornyn Says He Won’t Be Helping Ted Cruz In His Reelection Bid  (Read 11497 times)

Offline corbe

Ted Cruz has seriously hurt himself within the Party.

Untenable. :shrug:

@Right_in_Virginia

The Republican party always HATED him, he is a threat to them.

You go on being Right in Virginia and I will continue being correct in TEXAS!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 02:04:05 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hey, toots.  Cruz is popular in Texas, and that's all the approval he needs.

Not endorsing Trump is a badge of honor for him.  Trump is going to lose, and, when he does, Cruz will look like a friggin' genius.

Hopefully some of his former big donors return so he can afford his campaign because I doubt the GOP's going to throw a hot nickel his way.  And hopefully, he'll be satisfied with being the most disdained Senator in Congress for the rest of his life.

And IF Trump loses, pumpkin, Cruz will look like the friggin' reason.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 02:32:28 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Chasaway

Well, putting aside your rather frightening imagination, Ted Cruz is between that proverbial rock and a hard place in the Republican Party.  He, the man, has been extremely disliked since he stepped foot in the Capitol.  His not supporting the Republican nominee has deepened this dislike.  No matter the outcome of the election, Ted Cruz has seriously hurt himself within the Party.

He can always leave the party----but this would be another unsuccessful tantrum because the line holding the door open for him would long and deep.     

Untenable. :shrug:

Well, now @RiV…let’s take a hypothetical:

For grins, let’s assume we sent someone to DC who we want to tear down the status quo; to fight against any new legislation/regulation.  They were EXACTLY what we wanted there.

How do you think DC would view this person? As a hero? Or as a jerk? A stick in the mud? A “know it all”?

And do you think that person could be accused of “not having anything to show” for his/her efforts? Do you think that person would make “friends” in DC? That they’d be popular and well-spoken of?

Hmmm?

Think he’d be between a “rock and a hard place”? Which way would you have him go? If you had your way, what would you have that person do; go along with everyone already there and be more popular or fight the fight?

And if you’re in the “…line holding the door open for him…” to leave, I feel sorry for you. I pity you. And I’m embarrassed for you.

His situation is "untenable" only when conservatives decide not to support conservatives, no matter what.

Oh, what do you know?
"That's all I can stands; I can't stands n' more!"

The Republican party always HATED him, he is a threat to them.

How is a loser in the national primaries for POTUS a "threat"?

Offline Chasaway

C'mon, RiV...now you're being purposely obtuse!

Offline corbe

Because you Trumpsters bought into the Trump 'Effect', helped along by all the Democratic Votes in your OPEN primaries, which you again refused to fix. 

You can have your GOP and your Nominee, Bless You for being Wise enough to protect us Conservatives from Ourselves../s
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 02:11:04 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Meanwhile Ted Cruz is working to prevent Obama giving away control of the internet.

But who cares, we await Orange salvation to fix it.

Offline sinkspur

Hopefully some of his former big donors return so he can afford him campaign because I doubt the GOP's going to throw a hot nickel his way.  And hopefully, he'll be satisfied with being the most disdained Senator in Congress for the rest of his life.

And IF Trump loses, pumpkin, Cruz will look like the friggin' reason.

The GOP won't need to.  The Perrys in Houston can fund a Texas Senate campaign by themselves.   And he won't be disclaimed.  Ted Cruz is a strong passionate man.  He'll be right there with Jeff Flake and Ben Sasse as courageous men who wouldn't kiss Trump's ass.

IF Trump loses, Trump will be the reason.   Or haven't you paid attention to the things the sonofabitch has said over the last year? 

Not backing Trump will look heroic. 

You're going to have a very sour taste in your mouth when this charlatan gets smashed.  And he WILL get smashed.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Longmire

@sinkspur

Cruz's popularity in Texas is in decline, in no small part because he refuses to endorse the GOP nominee. Some of his key financial backers have left him, as have some of his key conservative supporters. He has accomplished nothing as a US Senator and is unpopular with his colleagues.

If he chooses to run for re-election Cruz will have to contend with a well funded opponent in the GOP primary as well as political action committee established specifically to take him out. He'll have to answer for the financial deceptions from his first campaign, as well as every other discrepancy and rumor from his Presidential run.

Rick Perry recently polled ahead of Cruz in a Texas voter preference poll. If Trump doesn't give him a job, Perry might just decide to take Cruz on. There's also a young Bush lurking in the background.

The notion that Cruz has a firm hold on his Senate seat because...Texas, is absurd.

Offline Chasaway

@sinkspur
The notion that Cruz has a firm hold on his Senate seat because...Texas, is absurd.

That's cute.

Cruz DOES have a firm hold on his seat.

Where are you from? If Texas, you must be from the Austin area...

LOL!

Offline sinkspur

@sinkspur

Cruz's popularity in Texas is in decline, in no small part because he refuses to endorse the GOP nominee. Some of his key financial backers have left him, as have some of his key conservative supporters. He has accomplished nothing as a US Senator and is unpopular with his colleagues.

If he chooses to run for re-election Cruz will have to contend with a well funded opponent in the GOP primary as well as political action committee established specifically to take him out. He'll have to answer for the financial deceptions from his first campaign, as well as every other discrepancy and rumor from his Presidential run.

Rick Perry recently polled ahead of Cruz in a Texas voter preference poll. If Trump doesn't give him a job, Perry might just decide to take Cruz on. There's also a young Bush lurking in the background.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.  You're not a Texan, are you?   

Rick Perry is not going to run for Senate.  Nor will Mike McCaul. Gomer Gohmert might try, but he's such a freak he won't have a chance.

Come back a year from now, after Trump's effort is still smoldering, and see how popular Cruz is.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The GOP won't need to.  The Perrys in Houston can fund a Texas Senate campaign by themselves.   And he won't be disclaimed.  Ted Cruz is a strong passionate man.  He'll be right there with Jeff Flake and Ben Sasse as courageous men who wouldn't kiss Trump's ass.

IF Trump loses, Trump will be the reason.   Or haven't you paid attention to the things the sonofabitch has said over the last year? 

Not backing Trump will look heroic. 

You're going to have a very sour taste in your mouth when this charlatan gets smashed.  And he WILL get smashed.

Michael Reagan ‏@ReaganWorld 28m28 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA

Michael Reagan Retweeted (((Keith Goody)))

Also if Trump loses it won't be because I stayed home...We left the best choices on the bench.

Offline corbe

@sinkspur

@Longmire

The GOP in TEXAS financed Dewhurst twice against CRUZ, It didn't matter then and it won't matter in 2018.  Cruz will Refinance his Assets again with a sweetheart loan from his wife's company, Goldman Sachs, remember, the same guys who have infiltrated Trumps Campaign.

Incidentally Longmire jumped the Shark in Season 4.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 02:28:46 am by corbe »

Offline sinkspur

I love these non-Texans and Yankees acting as if they know what's going to happen here.

RIV's got a shitload of work to do in her own backyard without worrying about Ted Cruz.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 02:32:10 am by sinkspur »

IRIV's got a shitload of work to do in her own backyard without worrying about Ted Cruz.

I'm not worried or worrying about Ted Cruz.  He made his bed ... he can lie in it.   :shrug:

Offline Chasaway

If you take away the snark, condescension and ridicule, there's really not much left of these folks' positions and there's not a lot left to talk about with some of them.

Once you realize that, debate with them becomes either simple or tedious...depending on how much time you have on your hands and how your mind works.

C

Offline Longmire

Cruz DOES have a firm hold on his seat.

Of course he does...after all it's Texas.

:thud:

Offline Chasaway

I'm not worried or worrying about Ted Cruz.  He made his bed ... he can lie in it.   :shrug:

Holy Cow! What would some of these folks have him do?

Roll over?

Agree with the establishment?

Do whatever everyone else wants him to do?

What do they want someone of principle to look like/act like?!!

I'm amazed and extremely disappointed.

And they keep saying stuff like "...the primaries are OVER!", but cannot stay away from bashing Cruz.

They've given him space in their heads, not only rent-free...but they're subsidizing him.

Offline corbe

I love these non-Texans and Yankees acting as if they know what's going to happen here.

RIV's got a shitload of work to do in her own backyard without worrying about Ted Cruz.

Hey at least the last Republican Governor they elected got off scott free today, NOT to be confused with their current Governor, who Trump donated to, which assures Virginia is in the Hellary column, regardless of the convict vote or not.

Offline Chasaway

Of course he does...after all it's Texas.

:thud:

Which is where he'd be getting his votes, you probably know.

And that says a lot about Texans. A LOT!

But you don't get that, do you?

Offline Longmire

@corbe

Cruz won a squeaker against Dewhurst in 2012, and he'll be running for re-election with less support and a lot more liabilities, including some powerful enemies.

I wouldn't bet the ranch he gets reelected  ymmv.
-btw I agree with you about the TV show, just not the same after Netflix took it over.  :beer:

Offline sinkspur

@corbe

Cruz won a squeaker against Dewhurst in 2012, and he'll be running for re-election with less support and a lot more liabilities, including some powerful enemies.

-btw I agree with you about the TV show, just not the same after Netflix took it over.  :beer:

What "enemies"?  Trump supporters after Trump takes a dive?   Don't friggin' make us laugh.

Cruz won 57% of the vote to Dewhurst's 43%.  Not exactly a "squeaker." 

You don't know Texas or Texas politics.  As much as you'd love to see Cruz go down, he won't.  Texas Republicans love their Senators and he'll be in place as long as Texas Republicans can vote him in.

Trump is an aberration and will never be heard from again politically.  Nor will his goofy supporters.

Offline corbe

@corbe

I wouldn't call 13 points a squeaker, unless Trump says this about his lose to Hellary.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Thank you alingcate, I too am looking for a change.  8 years of Obama has caused severe damage, 8 years of Hillary will more or less ice the cake, the way that I see it.
Welcome back EdJames.  I like this screen name much better.

I'm just kidding.  When you butcher AilingCats name that badly I figure you must be new.
I recommend to all new poster they grow a very thick skin.
See you around :seeya:

Offline RoosGirl

@sinkspur

He'll have to answer for the financial deceptions from his first campaign, as well as every other discrepancy and rumor from his Presidential run.

Yep, gonna be hard to convince the voters that his dad actually didn't kill JFK.