Author Topic: Senate Majority Whip Senator John Cornyn Says He Won’t Be Helping Ted Cruz In His Reelection Bid  (Read 11490 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
They will not consider even remotely the possibility that Ted Cruz was simply a politician, and not a very good one at that.

I do have some evidence to support my opinion, though. He came in a distant second, and in the Bible belt, came in a distant distant second -- to a New York "liberal."

Ted Cruz is the only politician I have encountered in my fairly long lifetime to do in office EXACTLY what he said he would do while campaigning.   That alon e puts him in a very small minority of politicians.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They will not consider even remotely the possibility that Ted Cruz was simply a politician, and not a very good one at that.

Out of the 17 GOP candidates he secured the second most delegates during the primaires.

Do you realize how dumb your statement is?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

Out of the 17 GOP candidates he secured the second most delegates during the primaires.

Do you realize how dumb your statement is?

No, I'm completely oblivious of it. Do you think I could coax you into explaining it to me?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:11:06 pm by aligncare »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
No. Do you think I could coax you into explaining it to me?

Claiming that a second place finisher out of a field of 17 is a bad politician?  That is past obtuseness.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

Claiming that a second place finisher out of a field of 17 is a bad politician?  That is past obtuseness.

If Ted Cruz had won the national primary and situations were reversed, what would your analysis of Ted Cruz's victory be?

clock's ticking..........

....announcer whispers to audience. For a cash prize and a trip to Bermuda what will the contestant say? ....

Offline Longmire

You're completely wrong, but, then you know that by now.

As Texas Solicitor General Cruz was getting national attention from both the left and the right for writing briefs and representing Texas before the USSC. Most people would recognize the Mojave Cross case, the Mexican National execution case, and the Ten commandments case, among others. The notion he didn't have name recognition within his own state is absurd, and even early polling shows him much higher than 2%.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
If Ted Cruz had won the national primary and situations were reversed, what would your analysis of Ted Cruz's victory be?

clock's ticking..........

....announcer whispers to audience. For a cash prize and a trip to Bermuda what will the contestant say? ....

I sure wouldn't be making stupid claims that Trump is a bad politician (aka, 2nd place).  God, not only have you been duped, you've been brainwashed as well.  Enjoy your orange koolaid.

Offline Longmire

He came in a distant second, and in the Bible belt, came in a distant distant second -- to a New York "liberal."

Trump's sweep in South Carolina was a real eye opener for me, and a testament to his strength and charisma.

Trump's subsequent romp in Florida was equally impressive, as was the drubbing he gave Cruz in Indiana.

:beer:

Offline aligncare

Trump's sweep in South Carolina was a real eye opener for me, and a testament to his strength and charisma.

Trump's subsequent romp in Florida was equally impressive, as was the drubbing he gave Cruz in Indiana.

Nothing says winner like winning.

Offline sinkspur

Reality TV is broadcast in every state.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Reality TV is broadcast in every state.

I tell you,  Cruz didn't have a chance once the Trump Smear Machine started in earnest.  Still wonder how much Stone and Pecker got for their dirty deeds.

Offline aligncare

Early September, poll inching up, endorsements cascading in, all genders black and white and Latino voters grabbing their tickets as the train pulls in...and they're getting on board to November 8.

President Donald J Trump.

And you can't stop it #NeverTrump.

Offline GrouchoTex

Early September, poll inching up, endorsements cascading in, all genders black and white and Latino voters grabbing their tickets as the train pulls in...and they're getting on board to November 8.

And this thread was about what now?

Offline aligncare

And this thread was about what now?

Don't make me laugh. Every thread goes off like this. Suddenly, it's about how I was off-topic?

As I said, don't make me laugh. I've had enough mirth reading NeverTrump's delusional folly.

Offline GrouchoTex

Don't make me laugh. Every thread goes off like this. Suddenly, it's about how I was off-topic?

As I said, don't make me laugh. I've had enough mirth reading NeverTrump's delusional folly.

so would it bother you to know that there are people who will vote for Trump now and Cruz in 2018?

Offline skeeter

Clinton/Trump
Trump/Clinton

That ship has already sailed. I'm done gnashing my teeth.

But gloat on.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Hopefully some of his former big donors return so he can afford his campaign because I doubt the GOP's going to throw a hot nickel his way.  And hopefully, he'll be satisfied with being the most disdained Senator in Congress for the rest of his life.

And IF Trump loses, pumpkin, Cruz will look like the friggin' reason.
If Cruz had that kind of power with a simple speech he'd be the nominee.

With Trump the buck always stops... elsewhere.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline thackney

Last time:  IF Trump loses, Cruz will carry the stain---whether you like it or not--whether you believe it or not. That's just how it's gonna be.  :shrug:

If Trump loses the general election, it will be for the same reason Cruz lost the primary election.  He failed to motivate enough voters to elect him.

Blaming others is silly, and certainly assigns far greater power to the guy who lost the primary, than he ever had.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay
In that vein the only "couragous" thing I've seen him do is end his campaign for President.
Cruz has failed in this effort and by not endorsing the GOP nominee has effectively cut his own throat within the party.

It's time for him to go.
The inability to distinguish valid criticism from mindless hatred is a hallmark of cognitive dissonance.  :seeya:

I feel so honored.  Singled out by the designated trumper for the day.  Sorry, Longmire, you just haven't quite cut it tonight.  Better luck next time.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Ted Cruz certainly has the courage to do what he thinks is right and best for the country.

The last thing he should do is leave the Republican Party.  Ted Cruz is the one person who can unify and direct the Party in a more conservative direction.  Like Reagan, Cruz has the power to influence the public to pull with him in the right direction.

This mindless hatred of an excellent man is a hallmark of the Trump Zombie crowd.
We are just supposed to "get over" everything Trump has done, yet they can't get over one speech to support the most conservative man in the senate. Time to mix up a new flavor Trumpist Monk Kool Aid.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Sorry about that.  Just read the thread and couldn't resist replying and when you live in Maui, you get the last word because no one else is awake.
I wish I could spend Pumpkin Spice Latte season and Mint and Gingerbread Latte season in Maui.  :laugh:

Offline LMAO

If Trump loses the general election, it will be for the same reason Cruz lost the primary election.  He failed to motivate enough voters to elect him.

Blaming others is silly, and certainly assigns far greater power to the guy who lost the primary, than he ever had.

I cannot remember any election were supporters of a candidate were prepared to blame others for said candidate's loss.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GrouchoTex

I cannot remember any election were supporters of a candidate were prepared to blame others for said candidate's loss.

None come to mind, that I can think of.
At least none this.........persistent?

Offline Longmire

I feel so honored.  Singled out by the designated trumper for the day.  Sorry, Longmire, you just haven't quite cut it tonight.  Better luck next time.

Just to be clear lady, YOU responded to me and I simply returned the courtesy.

No one "singled" you out for anything, so put away your peashooter.  :laugh: