Author Topic: Trump: Intel Briefings Revealed That Obama Not Following Military's Advice on ISIS - NewsMax  (Read 1871 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump: Intel Briefings Revealed That Obama Not Following Military's Advice on ISIS

Donald Trump said Wednesday that he was "shocked" at some of the things he learned in the two intelligence briefings he has received — primarily that "our leaders did not follow what they were recommending."

"What I did learn is that our leadership, Barack Obama, did not follow what our experts said to do," the Republican presidential nominee told NBC's Matt Lauer on a "Commander-in-Chief Forum" broadcast on both NBC and MSNBC. The town hall session in New York was with current and former members of the military.

"I was very, very surprised. In almost every instance," he said.

"I could tell — pretty good with the body language — that they were not happy," Trump said. "Our leaders did not follow what they were recommending."

Both Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton began receiving intelligence briefings from top U.S. officials last month. Trump's sessions have been held at Trump Tower in New York City.

When Lauer asked Trump Wednesday whether he had learned anything in those briefings that "shock or alarm you," the nominee responded, "yes, very much so.

"First of all, I have great respect for the people who gave us the briefings. They were terrific people. Experts on Iraq and Iran … and Russia.

Continued: http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-intel-briefings-obama/2016/09/07/id/747200/?ns_mail_uid=364940&ns_mail_job=1685623_09082016&s=al&dkt_nbr=n7gwjsrj

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 02:32:45 pm by TomSea »

Offline skeeter

Who needs expert military advise when Valerie Jarrett's around?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Who needs expert military advise when Valerie Jarrett's around?

And just think, with the evil lying Queen of Corruption as CIC, the muslim brotherhood will continue to call the shots. **nononono*
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sinkspur

First, those Intel briefings are confidential.  That Trump is bringing them up in a public setting is the reason why he should no longer receive them.

"I could tell — pretty good with the body language — that they were not happy," Trump said. "Our leaders did not follow what they were recommending."

So now Trump is interpreting (lying about) "body language" of people he doesn't even know? 

Can you imagine this sonofabitch with classified information?  Hillary is bad enough, but Trump would blab it to our enemies.

Pathetic.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 02:44:17 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline austingirl

Lauer asked about the briefings-Trump did not "bring them up."

Offline Gov Bean Counter

First, those Intel briefings are confidential.  That Trump is bringing them up in a public setting is the reason why he should no longer receive them.

So now Trump is interpreting (lying about) "body language" of people he doesn't even know? 

Can you imagine this sonofabitch with classified information?  Hillary is bad enough, but Trump would blab it to our enemies.

Pathetic.

And it is possible that this is a line of crap fed to Trump just to see if he could keep a lid on himself. In any case, epic fail.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
And just think, with the evil lying Queen of Corruption as CIC, the muslim brotherhood will continue to call the shots. **nononono*

Did you watch the forum last night?  Donald Trump had a hard time saying whether he would listen to Military advise.  He said he had his own plan.  He would listen to them and make up his mind whether he would use his plan, their plan or a mix of the two.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sinkspur

Michael McFaul ‏@McFaul  20m20 minutes ago
.@realDonaldTrump insulted the entire intel community last night, when he implied that they discussed their policy advice. They dont do that

Offline austingirl

Yes I did watch and I cannot stomach the idea of the evil lying Queen of Corruption and cause of Benghazi as CIC. Trump is no prize but he is not evil.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Michael McFaul ‏@McFaul  20m20 minutes ago
.@realDonaldTrump insulted the entire intel community last night, when he implied that they discussed their policy advice. They dont do that

Trump running for  Liar-in-Chief
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

This is really troublesome...good grief!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

He should have not commented on them....NO COMMENT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Trump needs to display much more professionalism and maturity when asked such questions. I'll cut him some slack, he's had one briefing. His advisers need to train him on being closed mouth with classified information.

IMHO, it's an epidemic inside the Beltway, the cavalier way our politicians and staff workers treat classified info. We didn't eff around when I was on active duty, and I'm sure the military doesn't now.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sinkspur

Yes I did watch and I cannot stomach the idea of the evil lying Queen of Corruption and cause of Benghazi as CIC. Trump is no prize but he is not evil.

He's stupid, which is just as bad.

Offline Night Hides Not

Your tagline is well placed, as it regards this thread. If only Trump heeded those words.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

He's stupid, which is just as bad.

I won't call him stupid, but he's certainly not curious. Lack of curiosity in a leader can be deadly.

I had my share of both types of leaders during my 8 years. My most productive and enjoyable years were with superiors that demanded independence and imagination from their subordinates. Conversely, my worst evaluations came from superiors who were micro managers, and expected genuflection in their presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

He should have not commented on them....NO COMMENT

That was the concern and it proved out last night.  You are a great moderator/owner and a honest one.