Author Topic: Donald Trump makes his pitch to conservative Christians at Washington summit  (Read 1231 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Donald Trump makes his pitch to conservative Christians at Washington summit

Donald Trump stopped by the nation’s capital Friday afternoon to address the annual Values Voter Summit, promising the conservative gathering that he would protect and “cherish” Christian values if he wins the White House in November.

At the Family Research Council-hosted summit, the Republican presidential nominee gave a shout-out to the evangelical voters that backed him during the primaries and encouraged them to vote in the general election.

“Lot of people said, ‘I wonder if Donald Trump will get the evangelicals,’” Trump told the Washington, D.C. crowd. “I got the evangelicals.”

“If you do [vote],” we’re going to win by a lot. If you don’t, it could be a very unhappy Nov. 8,” he said.

Reiterating his pitch to repeal the Johnson amendment -- which prohibits tax-exempt organizations like churches from endorsing or opposing political candidates -- Trump said he would “give our churches their voice back.”

Read More At: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-makes-his-pitch-to-conservative-christians-at-washington-summit/

Silver Pines

What a great idea!  As soon as he lets go of Bill Clinton's crotch he can wave his Bible around.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

“What do you have to lose? It can’t get any worse.”

If you get a frontal lobotomy he sounds just like Reagan. :smash:

Offline sinkspur

No mention of Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus. 

Pandering sonofabitch.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snKt8Uic52w
That was an excellent speech.  Thanx for posting it.  I realize that Trump was reading off a teleprompter, and I realize that he was pandering, but damn it, I expect to be pandered to.  The religious right is at least 1/3rd of the GOP base and this speech is what I wanted to hear.  I hope he keeps reaching out to values voters.